$257
$173
Agoda.com
$200
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
$189
$151
Sirata Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)(Great Value!)
$251
$186
  • Pool
Alden Suites(St. Pete Beach)(Great Value!)
$209
Alden Suites
$311
$245
  • Pool
Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel(St. Pete Beach)(Great Value!)
$249
$216
TradeWinds Island Grand Resort(St. Pete Beach)
$260
$389
$265
Priceline
The Don CeSar(St. Pete Beach)
$429
$339
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsbay viewfishing pierthree propertiespete beachmain officesister propertydog beachthe main hotelmy home away from homebeach sideshort walk across the streetbusy roadgulf blvdsmall kitchenettethe ground floorrelaxing stayeasy access to the beach
Reviewed May 11, 2010

I am a travel agent stayed at many of the hotels around the world and many of the hotels on St Pete beach, but never at any of Plaza Beach properties so I wanted to see what the buzz was about. I stay two nights on the beachside and two nights on the bayside. From the moment you walk in you can feel that the front desk staff appreciate that you are there and are helpful to let you know about the area and property amenities. My room at the Plaza Beach Hotel Beachfront Resort was #201, very nice deluxe efficiency on the second floor. The room had a king size bed and full kitchen and only seven rooms from the beach. Actually the property is not large, so any room you get you are no more than 15 to 20 seconds from the beach. The walkways had new tiles, and the pool area looked brand new, you can tell that the owners are reinvesting in the property. The property was secluded between two large condo buildings so it was very peaceful and quiet. The beach has soft, very fine sugar like sand, it is a very white and comparable to the Bahamas or Caribbean islands. It is a perfect beach haven for singles, couples or families. Actually I would highly recommend the property to families because of the amenities and full kitchens.
After two days I moved to the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort about 200 feet down the road on the intercoastal water. St Pete beach is an actual barrier island and the Plaza Beach owns one property on the beachside and two properties on the bayside, and you are a guest of any of them so you can go back and forth between properties.
My room at the Bayview Plaza was room #16, it was a beautiful room with a queen bed, full kitchen and stunning balcony patio overlook the water. This room was really unexpected; from outside the property is looks nice, but inside the property is really is 1st class, really beat my expectations. The room was small than the room I had at the Plaza Beach, but the view and atmosphere of the room was much better. There was a waterfront deck directly outside my room, were I spent time reading my book under the tiki hut. I was also able to use the deck and pool next door at the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort. The pool was warm and provided a nice place to cool off from the sun.
I must say, I was really impressed with the setup the Plaza Beach Resorts offer. The amenities were great, they offer free parking and you can drive your car from property to property if you don’t want to walk, but like I said it’s only about 200 feet. They also offer, free wifi at each location, free computer usage at the office if you didn’t bring a computer, free pool and beach towels, a great happy hour from 4-5 pm with free beer and wine, which I don’t think you’ll find anywhere on the beach, rooms with kitchens which was nice to have to prepare a meal and keep wine and ice cream cold. Just a great all around setup which I was happy to experience and will now recommend to my clients.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2010

I stayed at bayview plaza in december, i found the hotel to very clean and well run, being a hotel manager myself, the staff king and very freindly, the room was very clean.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank jjhWildwood
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, owner at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2010

Dear Jeff,

Thank you for posting a review about the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort on St Pete Beach. Your Review was very positive and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay. You rated our hotel with 5 stars across all amenities; however on the Overall experience you rated us with just one star. I am assuming that this is a mistake and you intended on giving us 5 stars instead on one star. If you could please take a moment to update our review it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for staying at our boutique waterfront resort and I look forward to your next stay.

Robert Czyszczon
Manager/Owner

Reviewed December 5, 2009

We just completed our first stay at Bayview Plaza. We intend to have many more. We checked in a couple of days before Thanksgiving just to have a place to prepare a big meal and relax. We enjoyed it so much we turned our 3 or 4 nights into a 10 day stay. The place is conveniently located, very quiet, and impeccably clean. As nice as the place is, the people are even better. They went over and above all my expectations to make sure we had a wonderful time there. We can't wait to go again!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2009

The Bayview is a quiet oasis on St. Pete Beach. They really work hard at keeping the place nice. I had a bad first impression as I arrived after 9pm on Super Shuttle. I had been told to check in at the main hotel which turned out to be a block away. The desk clerk had no way to take me and my luggage to the Bayview. Luckily I only had a wheeled carry-on and was able to wheel my luggage the block to the Bayview.
The street is a 4 lane, street, hotels, motels, restaurants, gas stations etc. No view at all, but the Bayview, quite small is a nice intimate motel. The view on the back is lovely, I keep my slider open whenever I was in the room.
My room was SMALL, a double bed, and a small bistro table and 2 chairs, dresser and small sink, 2 burner cook top, with microwave on top. It might have been claustrophobic for 2, but just 1 person was fine. Nice little patio with a lounge chair, and 2 wicker chairs with a small table. The mattress was comfortable, the bathroom was in perfect shape, and it all was immaculate. People were friendly, and it was quiet at night. People in my course that stayed at the Sirata had a lot of complaints about noisy drunks and parties. Not so at the Bayview. Although I did hear dogs barking on my last evening,as someone had 2 dogs left alone in their room.
It is easy to get to the beach, across the street is a public access walkway.
I saw dolphins in the morning and evening at the beach. I missed the manatees at the Bayview, but they were seen one day while I was there. St. Pete has a nice beach, nice to walk on.
In short, it is a nice, clean quiet place, kept up to date. Small, but has a nice view out the back. It was in walking distance to my course, so it worked out well for me. I walked to Publix and got groceries, and had quick easy access to the beach. If you are not renting a car, arrange in advance to have your luggage dropped off at the Bayview, if it is at night. Speak to them about how to get your luggage brought to the room.
Once again Trip Advisor had been a valuable resource on where to stay!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the waterfront plaza for 11 nights in room number 15. All the staff were very friendly and went out of there way too be very supportive. My husband and I came from England and you know how us british love our tea. Robert even went out of his way too find us a brand new kettle so that we could have our cup of tea. It was a lovely setting looking out onto the Bay. We both loved waking up in the morning and sitting out on the balcony having a nice cup of tea watching the world go by. The waterfront plaza is great for couples but would not be much fun for children as it is a grown up place too stay 'not much for children too do' which suited us down too the ground as we wanted too get away from all the noise from children crying for a while. We both loved the fishing 'although we did not manage too catch anything'
There were only two small issues we had. One was that the bathroom was very small not leaving much room too dry yourself after a shower and the other was that if you needed too speak too a member of staff you had too go over too the other motel on the beach which was about a ten minute walk. Apart from those two small issues no other issues applied. All in all a freindly place too visit with lovely friendly staff who will go out of there way too make your stay one too remember.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple