“Anniversary Weekend”

GreenLeadersGold level
Brandon, Florida, United States
“Anniversary Weekend”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

My husband and I have gone to Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort for 2 consecutive years for our anniversary. We have had great service (Tami), clean rooms, and wonderful scenary. The pool is clean and the deck overlooks the Intercoastal and has a relaxing atmosphere. My daughter and her friends stayed on her 21st birthday. Everyone is nice and helpful.

We hope to be able to continue our tradition in the following years. Also plan to go again before the end of the year when it's not 100+ degrees outside.

Green Features: They have recycle bins outside for paper, aluminum cans, and plastic.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel with my husband and 11 years old son for 3 nights.
I really did not get why it is so well ranked on tripadvisor.
In fact is more a motel than a hotel.
The room is a little bit small and was clean when I arrived. It has kitchen wich is very good, but without a dishwasher.
In my first morning when I arrived from beach I noticed that the room was made but no dish was washed. I called the reception to ask if the lady forgot to wash it and they told me that they would ask her to come back. Five minutes later they called me back to inform that wash dishes was not her job, guests should do it by themselves! What!!!
Next morning my husband has shaved his face and when we came back from beach we saw that although the room was made and the dishes were washed by us, the bathroom was extremely dirty. The sink had hairs all over it and toilet was not properly clean.
At this point I was very annoyed with all and I decided not to argue anymore and just wait to go away and enjoy the beach.
The bathroom was the smallest I ever saw in my life, the shower area was so small that it has the exactly width of my shoulders! less than 30 inches.
I would not be so angry if I had pay 60 dollars a day instead more than twice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I’m sorry you did not feel your stay was a good value. Our housekeeping department does not wash dishes; however during daily room service your bathroom should have been cleaned. I will bring this to the attention of our housekeeping supervisor. The vast majority of our guests do leave excellent reviews; perhaps you would prefer a larger resort over a small boutique resort experience. You did reserve our smallest room type. We do have larger suites available, so if you return to the area I would invite you back and maybe you’d be more comfortable when booking a bigger room.

Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed August 23, 2014

The sleeping room is not overly large, but adequate for a single traveler who likes to have a slightly larger bed. The room is tastefully decorated. The kitchen contained therein provides the basic utensils, china and glasses are tastefully selected. The bathroom with toilet is a little tiny. The porch that I had was on the ground floor with a magnificent view of the bay. Fishing, barbecuing is allowed. Also to the dear four-legged friend is thought fondly. This is certainly to mention specially commendable as a special feature. Wifi was working all the times. Cleanliness and service are good. Compared to the PCI in the same road on the other side far better. The only reason I gave only a "good" are the opening times of the pool. For my taste, here is opened too late. I was on business there and wait up to 10 clock in the morning was mostly not there. Since I have already talked about the persons in charge, I think that here what is changed. Otherwise, thank you for the wonderful stay! I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ute192
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I’m happy you enjoyed the beautiful view from your Bayfront with Balcony Suite. Our pool opens at 10am because it is so close to guest rooms and we do not wish to disturb any guests early in the morning. All pools are open until sunset, so hopefully you got to enjoy a swim in the evening. I look forward to seeing you the next time you visit the area.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I stayed here to attend an event by one of my social organizations. The event hotel across the street was sold out, so I found the Bayview. Price was reasonable for a weekend in August. Room was recently renovated. Beds were comfortable. Not much view from my room (ground floor, street side). I didn't get a chance to use the pool. However, I did wander to find the ice machine. The fish smell near the machine was a bit much. I'm not sure if anything can be done about that, but it would certainly help. Overall, a nice little place.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank IwantoliveinEurope
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and noting that we were renovated and have comfortable beds. We do have a variety of room options available, so please let us know when you will visit the area again and we help you choose accommodations with a view. I’m not sure why there would be an unpleasant odor near the ice machine. Sometimes we have guests that do take advantage of our fishing piers and perhaps someone left their equipment outside of their room, causing an unfortunate scent. I look forward to seeing you again at one of our resorts.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

This was our second time staying at this resort. Last time we were lucky enough to get upgraded to the beach resort. It was nice but this time we stayed on the bay. It's a bit more peaceful and the view is beautiful! We enjoyed the idea of seeing dolphins and manatees; this trip we were not as lucky. It docks are great for fishing and there are outdoor grills everywhere to cook out.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank sbear5507
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for an excellent FIVE STAR review of your recent visit to the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort. I hope you took advantage of our “Stay at One, Play at all Three” policy and came over to play on the beach side too. I hope to see you again soon at one of our resorts for another wonderful stay.

Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this Waterfront hotel which has a total of 3 hotels you can use during your Stay. The exterior kind of throws you off but pleasantly surprised by the great interior of the room. All upgraded and all the amenities needed. But it was perfect to be able to use the amenities of the beachfront sister hotel to park and walk to the beach. Saved money by not staying at a beach front hotel yet still had access to the beach front hotel thanks to it's sister property.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Steelpens66
Lakeland, FL
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The lodgings were all right for the money. It was close to the beach and you could access the beach across the street at one of their other properties. There were several restaurants within walking distance and a shopping plaza close by. The room was a bit small.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank RikWriter
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for your review. I’m glad you found your stay was a good value. We do have a variety of rooms from studios to spacious suites that sleep up to six guests. Please give us a call directly next time you visit the area and we can be sure you book a room type that will suit your needs. I hope to see you here again soon!