I have just enjoyed the most relaxing holiday in St Pete Beach and a wonderful stay at the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort. I specifically chose this hotel because it was a small boutique property, but that, because of the association with the main Plaza Beach Hotel (across the road), would have access to the facilities of a larger hotel and the beach. I was hoping for a quiet hotel with some unique charm, as opposed to a characterless bed factory. I was proved right in my choice and this was perfect for my needs. The room size exceeded my expectations - and we benefited from a small kitchen area, separated living area and room for the two double beds. The room was fresh and clean - and despite it being closest to the road of all the rooms on the property - was quiet and I slept very well. The waterside decks at the rear of the property were incredibly relaxing - and such a joy to spend time reading on the many loungers and chairs provided there. Multiple pelicans, herons and ibis get us entertained as they visited us on the deck.
I stayed for a week - and found the hotel a great base to explore locally - and definitely recommend side trips to Pass-a-grille, Gulfport, St Petersburg and Fort De Soto. I'm definitely keen to return.
As many of the other reviews note, the Italian bakery next door is amazing. I think that was probably one of the tastiest sandwiches I have had in my life! There are plenty of other restaurants and bars up and down Gulf Blvd, which were also fun to explore. Mad Fish was one we particularly enjoyed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated this year, Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort is an award-winning European-style boutique waterfront resort situated directly on the Boca Ciega Bay. You can enjoy morning sunrises over the sparkling bay and then end your day with a breathtaking sunset on the beach, which is only 200 feet away. Bayview Plaza is small by design and is great for couples and families wanting to relax in an intimate resort. All rooms are spacious studio apartments with kitchenettes, some of which also have balconies with a full view of the bay. Best of all, we have NO surprise resort fees. Enjoy everything the Bayview Plaza has to offer at no additional cost. We really mean it: FREE Fitness Room, FREE Wireless Internet, FREE Parking, FREE BBQ Area, and FREE Private Fishing Pier, great for fishing or docking your boat. The fish are plentiful and often you'll find yourself staring at one of Florida's amazing creatures like the manatees and dolphins that frequent our resort. The pool also directly overlooks the Boca Ciega Bay and is perfect for cooling off while you soak up the sun. Our resort is Family Owned and Operated, and has been since 2002. The family is very active in the day to day operations, on property daily, and has a friendly staff ready to assist you with your authentic Florida vacation. Members of Superior Small Lodging Association and approved by AAA for Quality and Standards, our resort is one of only a handful of resorts in Florida that has received the Green Lodging seal from the State of Florida as well as Greenleaders Gold Award from TripAdvisor for our effort in conserving and recycling. St Pete Beach is a 6-mile island and the Plaza Beach Resorts are directly in the center of the island. Everything is within walking distance: the grocery store, restaurants, and shopping are just across the street. The front desk staff is more than happy to help you find the many activities also available on the beach such as deep sea fishing, parasailing, jet skiing, dolphin cruises, sunset cruises and ferries available to visit the nearby islands. Best of all we are only 30 minutes from Busch Gardens and 90 minutes from Disney, Universal, and other Orlando theme parks. Try us and see for yourself why so many people return to the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort. As a guest of the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, you will have full access to the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort which is owned by the same family. You will have FREE full use of all the amenities at the Plaza Beach Hotel including the private beach, large heated pool overlooking the beach, FREE beach chairs, FREE Beach Towels, FREE Parking and many more amenities. We look forward to hosting you at the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Plaza Waterfront Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida