“A little piece of Italy?”
Review of Restaurant Su Ottavo - CLOSED

Restaurant Su Ottavo
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Wanted a quick bite to eat, this little Italian bistro ticked the box the decor and ambiance is more of 'beach cafe' with an Italian twist,but the food was excellent the mussels were plump an juicy and the pizza very good

1  Thank Teakside

Reviewed March 20, 2014

To start - ordering was weird. Soup and "bread" come with a meal. On its own soup is 2.25 and salad is 3.95…but if you want to sub a salad, it is 3.00 more…the new math. The bread is two small balls of plain, baked pizza dough that come with "poached garlic" and an oil. The garlic is good - we put it on the pizza that lacked a lot of taste. Don't use the white, grated stuff in the jar unless you are fond of the taste of sawdust. Very generic stuff here and nothing special in the way of flavor or quality. Like I mentioned, the menu looked good - but the actual food is lacking. Since we are local, we are disappointed. I am sure the seasonal beach crowd will find the price point and quality to be ok. Also - it was really warm in there, no AC and only one door open - if they would have opened at least the other door, there would have been a nice cross breeze. Many others in the restaurant were mentioning how warm it was as well.

1  Thank trvlgrl6570
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stopped in for a quick bite and we were not sorry! The atmosphere was cozy and the wait staff was friendly. We had the Mussels and they were the largest mussels I ever had---they were delicious. Plus we had a goat cheese pizza which was yummy! Also had a reasonably priced glass of wine. When we return to Pass-a-Grille we will also return to Su Ottavo!

1  Thank jaymama
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My husband and I ate at this neighbourhood restaurant last night in Pass-A-Grille.
Our entire dinner was delightful! A cup of homemade Minestrone with small rolls was tasty.
My baked pasta shells stuffed with spinach & ricotta with a touch of tomato sauce was yummy.
The Best was my husband's signature dish of shrimp, scallops and crumbled sausage over linguine with a garlic wine sauce. Our service was friendly and attentive. The restaurant filled up while we were eating.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We had dinner here on Tuesday night. It's Italian, and very casual to look at- brown paper over the tables. The food was very good. One daughter had the white pizza, and it was very large. I had penne with zucchini and it was very flavorful- lots of garlic. My starter was the ensalada caprese which was delicious as well. Can't remember what the other two had, but they really enjoyed their entrees as well.
If I'm in the area, would definitely go back