WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Cozy” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beach Haven

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St. Pete Beach
Beach Haven
Ranked #26 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Petty Harbour, Canada
“Cozy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay ,very clean,grounds beautiful.Rooms nice although could use new stoves and pillows.stayed there with my parents in ajoining rooms.Right on the beach walking distance to groceries and restaurants.would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Janet C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Our family has been coming to Beach Haven for almost 20 years. They provide exactly what we want in a Florida vacation; sunny and clean bungalow-style units with kitchens and direct access to a well-maintained pool and a beautiful beach. The smaller size of the hotel means the pool is never crowded, the grounds are never noisy and you can actually relax on vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Tarpon Springs, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

I really wish I could give this place 5 stars, but I just can’t.

We rented a motel room. It was small, but clean. The place is very pretty on the outside; our room was between sweet smelling magnolias and honeysuckles. There is a small but well maintained pool and picnic areas. The back deck overlooking the beach is absolutely beautiful. Most of the other guests were social and pleasant.

But, unfortunately, while we were on the deck a little before sunset, our room was broken into and we were robbed (purse, camera, watch, sunglasses). There is no staff on sight at night, so we had to call the emergency number. They said they would call the police. The police showed up quickly, took the report and left. The next day, I asked the lady at the office if they would compensate us in anyway, but she just said she was “So sorry it happened. Nothing like this has every happened before. No they don’t have any security cameras and no she is not authorized to comp anything, but will write it down.” Luckily I had my ID and credit card on me, or the entire weekend would have been ruined.

Would I stay there again? I’m not sure. It is really pretty, but it’s not very secure. I hate to think of what would have happened if I had walked in there while the thief was still there! So if you do decide to stay there, don’t leave ANYTHING of value in your room. They don’t have safes in the room; there is no staff on sight a night and no security cameras. Lastly, and this might be comical after the other stuff, but I need my coffee! They supply a coffee pot, but no coffee.

Room Tip: We were in unit 12 when we were robbed.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank LED68
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

We loved Beach Haven (again)! We have stayed at several places in the St Pete Beach area and this one is our favorite. It's a perfect location and the vibe is right on. We love that we can cook and grill out and eat al fresco under their beachfront pavilion rather than eating out every meal. It's very casual and quiet which is nice to come back to after being out during the day or evening. Just perfect. Thanks!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank kady13
Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed here this past weekend- 5 of us- in a two bedroom, two bath apartment- perfect location, lovely place, very clean, and just what we needed for a weekend away at the beach. This is a lovely little place between the hi-rise resorts, and it was just what we wanted- Peg let my daughter check-in for us on Friday afternoon, gave her a stack of beach towels and said "Enjoy" and that we did, kitchen well furnished, pool-side grill, gazebo with swing overlooking the gulf- dinner on the beach one night and a Rays win at the Trop the next- it was a lovely place and we look forward to our return-

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank staugmary
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

If you love "Old Florida" with its quaint small beach front properties then you'll enjoy this place as much as we did. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. The property is well kept, complete with a sunset deck, small pool, and BBQ area. If you need something, just ask and they probably have it and are willing to lend it to you, like a book, movie, or a couple of beach chairs.

Room Tip: The rooms closest to the beach have less road noise. The only 2 bedroom is near the road.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
8 Thank Sallie T
Riverview, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I live in Tampa which is only an hour away. He took me here for my 28th birthday this past October for a mini weekend getaway. He had been here previously for a bachelor party and couldn't stop talking about what a find it was. I'm typically a little picky when it comes to booking a hotel because the thought of sleeping in a room that isn't clean is terrifying to me. I was skeptical of this place at first because of some of the reviews but, I'm so happy I gave it a chance. It has a bed and breakfast feel to it. It was very clean, the lady at the front desk was very sweet. We went when it was a little chilly so, we were unable to go swimming but, we got the same beautiful beach views that some of the more expensive high rise hotels do for way less. I totally recommend staying here. The best part was being able to walk to different restaurants from our hotel room and the beach being right in your backyard. At night, we grabbed a blanket and watched the stars right on the beach. We drank our coffee in the mornings right on the beach as well. It's perfect for a little romantic getaway, bachelor party or a girls night out. If you're looking for something more upscale, the spinning hotel/restaurant is next door. It's a beautiful place but, you pay three times as more for the same view.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple