“Cute, clean and convenient!”
Review of Beach Haven

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St. Pete Beach
Beach Haven
Ranked #26 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed June 4, 2008

We had traveled to St. Pete for a wedding and stayed at this location with a group of people who were also there for the same reason. We had the 2 bedroom place and were quite comfy there. (I believe there is only one 2-bedroom) While my room was the closest to the street, I could not tell as the air conditioning needed the entire time kept the noise from bothering my slumber. I especially enjoyed the patio/grilling area as it gave us the chance to sit around and visit with those we had traveled with. I enjoyed the fact that it was a small motel without all of the busy-ness of a resort (plenty of those around). It was close to restaurants/conveniences. The beach was beautiful.

The rooms do not have hair dryers or irons but these are available from housekeeping. You can also obtain beach towels from them so there is no need to pack these things for vacation. The housekeeping staff were very friendly and helpful and deserving of a tip. Nothing was disturbed in the room. Fresh towels daily!

The manager wasn't overly friendly, but she was not unfriendly or rude. She was proficient at her job. I didn't come to visit her and so didn't mind her business approach.

All in all, I would return in a heart beat if going back to St. Pete.

This was my first trip to the gulf coast and will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Iwantavacationnow

Reviewed November 1, 2006

My girlfriend and I stayed at the "little pink houses" because it was economical on spring break. We did not set our sights high because of how below cost it was. We figured that if we were out all day and night who cared what it looked like. We were plesantly surprised, the room was clean, the management was very nice and gave us ideas of where to go and it was clean. The other people staying were very nice and even though they were a lot older they did not mind having conversation with us. I absolutely loved it, and we are booking for March in 07 as well. I would recommend this place in a heart beat.

Regards and enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank randell032
Reviewed June 15, 2006

Extemely rude manager who is very unfriendly and unprofessional. She is not in the right business because she knows nothing about hospitality. She refused to honor a hotel cancellation of several nights that was cancelled six weeks before our arrival. We were told that the employee that took our cancellation didn't know what she was doing, so we were out of luck. I couldn't believe her rudeness. Fortunately for us I was able to call the credit card company and she received no payment. There is no excuse for that kind of rudeness, especially in the hotel business.

Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 1, 2006

We just returned home from six wonderful days at Beach Haven. The property is a delight. The staff -- Jovita, Lisa, Scott and Maggie -- make you feel right at home. Our unit, a one bedroom deluxe motel suite was immaculate although small. It was well equipped with a comfortable bed, a full kitchen with plenty of utensils, a comfortable sofa, chair and dining table and a large TV/DVD/Video. Our unit was just steps from both the pool and the beach. Outdoor chairs, benches and tables added to the atmosphere. Other ammenties included an ice machine, soda machine, coin laundry, beach chairs and umbrellas. there were six lounge chairs on a patio overlooking the Gulf where the sunsets were a spectacular bonus! Beach Haven is well located within walking distance of several restaurants in a variety of price ranges and styles. A nearby shopping center has all the stores necessary for vacationers. We highly recommend Beach Haven if you are looking for a relaxing "beachy" experience on the Florida Gulf Coast. We're going back next year for sure!

• Stayed: April 2006
10  Thank Jim630
Clermont FL
Reviewed February 16, 2006

It's pink. It's cute. Can't wait to return ASAP. This little motel is dwarfed by the 2 tall condo buildings on either side.It reminds us of simpler times and we're thrilled it's owner hasn't sold out to the big guys. We stayed in an "apartment" with a fully equiped kitchen, cute living room and the bedroom had a king size bed and the bathroom was roomy and clean.They even have a very nice grill on site to use. The best part is that the ocean is right there and they have some lounge chairs situated perfectly for the sunset view! The staff was great. Free internet. Cute pool. Crabby Bill's in walking distance. We hated to leave. It's not fancy, but it is in our opinion the perfect little motel!!

Stayed: January 2006
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 27, 2005

My family stayed at the Beach Haven in the summer of 2004. I would have stayed again in 2005, but it was booked. It has an old Floridian 50s motel style-ambience--cute pink buildings with small rooms, and white lights strewn about.

I do not agree with the reviewers who said it was not clean--at least when I was there, it was quite clean, and I'm picky. It is older and some people mistake old for dirty.

If you are looking for outstanding amenities and pampering service, don't go to Beach Haven. (Don Cesar's is down the road.) But if you are looking for an affordable, clean, cute and friendly place directly on the beach, within walking distance to grocery, shops and restaurants, Beach Haven is the place for you.

• Stayed: June 2004
4  Thank tajgood
WI
Reviewed December 1, 2005

The best things about the Beach Haven are the location and price. If you are not planning on spending a lot of time in your room, this is a great place to stay. It's centrally located, and they have their own private beach.

It's very bare bones, you are pretty much on your own and the rooms could be cleaner. One day the only way we knew it was cleaned was the extra roll of toilet paper. The bed was not made and the sand was not swept up from the tile floor.

We've stayed here 5 or 6 times over the last 6 years and I feel it's not as great as it used to be, but like I said, it's a good deal in a great location.

• Stayed: November 2005