“Wow food. Service poor”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Booked this restaurant and turned up and we're put in a dingy corner next to the toilet, when there were clearly better seats to sit at. The first guy who served us refused to move us and then a couple walked in off the street and asked for a table and were sat in a prime position with plenty of space. I asked again to move and the guy just shrugged his shoulders. Anyway when a table left I had had enough by this time and asked the front desk lady to move and she dutifully helped us move , so thanks to her. When the food was delivered we had not plates, we asked for plates and were given plates that were smaller than side plates and so this went on. Anyway the food was amazing to be totally honest and when I asked for the service charge to be removed. Yes they put on 18 percent! They seemed to wonder why I asked for this. Totally oblivious. We were ignored throughout the meal and no one spoke to,us when we left. A real shame as the lady on the front desk,was nearly in tears and asked what she had done wrong. You did nothing wrong, you were lovely but the rest of the staff were very bad ! Sorry as the food was great and it ruined our last night of out holiday

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great Service! The Tuna Tataki was perfect and the presentation was spectacular. The Thai Chicken with basil sauce was spot on. Perfect with teh side of brown rice.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

When our usual Thai restaurant nearby was closed for renovations we tried Basil Leaf Thai. The curry was not as spicy as normal but that could have been adjusted during the ordering. We were pleasantly surprised by the artistic presentation of the curry dish and basil dish. I was a bit put off when there was a $2.00 charge for extra bowl of rice!. The music was loud at some tables and we moved. The music was not oriental . The restaurant was a bar in past. It still has a bar like look but still has a nice atmosphere. There are still televisions at both ends. Service was ok. The food and bill came rapidly. I would definitely return.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We enjoyed our meal here but the HUGE portions were off-putting! The staff could have been more friendly and chatty and that would have made it a much better experience. We felt we were in and out in a short time and would have preferred to linger a while. The sushi that other people had looked very impressive. Worth a visit but make sure you're hungry!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had a great experience at Basil Leaf in St Pete Beach. I am excited to get back and eat that mouth-watering sushi again! Their sushi is the best Ive ever tried! I wanted things added to my roll which was no problem, surprisingly. Though the restaurant atmosphere wasn't up-scale the food definitely made up for it! My waitress was not rude or dirty, but she also wasn't very helpful. If you are a waitstaff-control-freak I suggest you taking a chill pill before going to enjoy the best sushi around!