“The View”

Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Missouri
“The View”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This review is going to be honestly written about our recent stay at Beach House Suites. I read all of the Tripadvisor reviews, and chose this hotel mainly because of the view, AND the fact that pets are welcome.First, let me say, if you are looking for a swanky, fancy-pants hotel on the beach, THIS IS NOT IT. However, if you are looking for a spacious well-equipped, view from the balcony" to die for" hotel, you have found your haven. NO, the room isn't fancy. . YES, the carpets need to be replaced. YES, the room needs to be updated....BADLY. HOWEVER, the view is amazing. The patio is huge. The kitchen has everything you need. There is a washer/dryer combo in the bathroom ( we did all of our college student's laundry). Good water pressure in the shower. Dishwasher. Bed was comfy, and the sheets were clean. The walls are thick and well insulated. GREAT and easy access to beach, and pool, and QUIET pool bar. Did I mention the view?......if you are headed to the beach to actually spend time at the beach, this is your place. If you want room service, valet parking and fancy-pants, find another hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor......I would recommend.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank soccerknitter
BeachHouseMgmt, Manager at Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Soccerknitter,
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review for The Beach House Suites by the Don CeSar. I would like to say thank you for giving the Beach House a chance to be your hotel on your recent vacation.
I truly feel one of the greatest assets, if not the greatest, is the beautiful views of the Gulf of Mexico from the rooms and at the pool. We are truly in a great location for a fantastic beach vacation or weekend getaway.
It is true we are a very casual beach hotel, but the size of our rooms, amenities offered in the rooms, and the views to the beach make us a very unique hotel on St.Pete Beach, FL.
I look forward to your next stay at the Beach House Suites!
Front Office Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Tampa
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have to say I was disappointed. The attention to detail definitely did not translate from the main hotel. While I understand this is geared more towards the family condo style with kitchen, washer and dryer, etc I do not believe the attention to detail should have been sacrificed. Here are just some of the major differences....#1) Main Hotel - pool area was ready to go by the time I went down there here at the Beach House It was already 10:30 and the chairs were not set up, water (which definitely not prepared with the attention to detail as at the main hotel) was not set out and the towels provided were dingy and some stained,
#2) Beach House - I ordered food from the Cabana and the hot dog bun appeared to have been there for some time as it was very hard, 3) Brochure says there is complimentary newspaper service but I never saw one, 4) the furniture did not appear very clean with some of the pillows actually torn, 5) the patio furniture was not very clean with some of the straps missing 6) the bedding (blankets, sheets, etc) DEFINITELY did not have the same feel as the main hotel. While I appreciate that this is more a relaxed atmosphere it should not mean lower quality. I will give them another chance and hope for the best.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lolita F
Dear Lolita F,

I would like to start with saying thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at The Beach House Suites by the Don Cesar.

I am truly disappointed at the experience you had while staying with us. I would like the opportunity to discuss with you, in more detail, your stay. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel, I am always happy to help.

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2013

It is my pleasure to recommend the Beach House Suites on St. Petersburg Beach. I just completed a Romantic Getaway package over the Memorial Day holiday and the experience truly exceeded my expectations (and I am a picky one on service). The staff was across the board the best staff I have experienced in a very long time. They treated us extremely well and always had a smile and a "can do" attitude. This is a perfect property if you are looking to relax and enjoy some peace, quiet, and spectacular sunsets. I have absolutely nothing to say on the negative side at all. I would definitely go back and feel very comfortable recommending this property. Oh, and the unit has a washer and dryer which is great for long stays. The kitchen is totally stocked with full size appliances and utencils.

Room Tip: Slurge on the full sunset view room and request a room towards the top of the hotel for the best vie...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Johnson245,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Beach House Suites by the Don CeSar on TripAdvisor.

I am elated to hear that you had a great time while celebrating a romantic getaway with us! At the Beach House Suites, we take great pride in providing our guests with outstanding service. I am glad you were able to relax and enjoy your stay and let us pamper and take care of you.

I am also thrilled you got to spend some times on St.Pete Beach and enjoy the beautiful views to the Gulf of Mexico and watch a few of the sunsets, truly a beautiful experience.

Thank you for your kind words, and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My Husband and I spent our anniversary at the beach house suites for 4 days. After reading multiple reviews I was nervous about staying here, but gladly I was nervous over nothing. The hotel was VERY clean. Rooms are spacious and very comfortable. Clean towels daily. Kitchen was well equipped with everything. coffee, tea, glasses, cups, utensils, plates, bowls, pots and pans. kettle, microwave. even juice/water jugs and spatulas, can opener, cutting board and DISHWASHER! We were able to cook in the room like we were at home. even had dish soap and tea towels. I was impressed. Staff and maid service was fantastic. Never had an issue. Everyone was friendly, helpful and welcoming. Pool was clean and well taken care of. Beach is gorgeous. We loved our trip so much we wanted to stay longer. We plan on coming back here annually. Great hotel. I can't believe people actually complain about staying here. I would recommend this to everyone.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Lovechikita,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Beach House Suites by the Don CeSar. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us, and honored you picked the Beach House Suites for such a joyous occasion as an anniversary.

Here at the Beach House Suites we take pride in the cleanliness of hotel and the service of our staff, and I am glad those helped to make your anniversary memorable. A fully stocked full kitchen is one of the greatest assets at the Beach House Suites and helps make the vacations a little smoother for our travelers, a great alternative to eating out for every meal.

I couldn’t agree with you more on how beautiful the beaches here on St.Pete Beach are, and I am glad you enjoyed the view and the time you spent there.

It is truly a honor to have you make the Beach house Suites a part of your annual anniversary celebration, we look forward to seeing you again!

Satellite Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Spent two days of our 4 day trip at the beach house suites. After reading mixed reviews, we arrived to find a fantastic place!! We were one floor up from the street with a partial ocean view/pool view. We loved the location. The room is like a condo. Ours had 1 bedroom, 2 bathrooms, living room, dining room, full kitchen with large sized appliances. Heck we even had a washer and dryer. This was great as we did our laundry and had none to do when we went home!! The pool area was very nice, quiet, small little beach bar. Beach area was also very nice. We chose to get the hotels shuttle to the Don Cesar on one of our days. The only 2 negatives I could find was the shuttle took almost an hour and multiple calls when we wanted to go back to our room. The second negative (not for us) the bar next door (the undertow) was quite noisy at night. With our balcony door closed I could not here it but sitting out there was a little loud and I would guess some would be annoyed by it. All in all we had a great stay and thanks to a bidding site we got a great bargain!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pnpay2012
Pnpay2012
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review for The Beach House Suites by the Don CeSar. I am very glad you choose to spend a few of your vacation days with us.
One great assets of staying at the Beach House Suites is the fully stocked kitchen and the washer and dryer. Another great, maybe even greater, asset is the views from the balcony and at the pool and beach, and it sound like you had a great time enjoying both.
Again, thank you so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to your return trip to the Beach House Suites.

London
Reviewed May 1, 2013

In four weeks time I will be returning to the beach house for my second break this year with them. The facilities and the staff are wonderful and this from a person who lives all week away from home in a Hilton. We found the hotel by accident when our daughter was small and have enjoyed our annual Holiday at the beach house every year since. The staff arrange some great trips out, with all the equipment for a picnic at the ready, one year they even arranged for my daughter to have her hair braided. Its a short walk to the supermarket with the excellent produce and the kitchen is well equiped. If I have a complaint at all its that time goes too fast and the kitchen doesnt have egg cups and tea bags - British people need boiled eggs and tea at breakfast, the coffee was a lovely substitute though. Looking forward to being back later this month!

Room Tip: over the pool, high as possible over looking the Gulf and not next to the stairs!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
BeachHouseMgmt, Front Office Manager at Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear vivienryan,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your Beach House Suites experience on Trip Advisor.

I love to hear stories of past vacations from our guests, and was delighted that we have had the opportunity to make your vacations special.

As for the egg cups, I am not familiar with what they are but stop by the front desk and we will see if we have them in storage or something comparable!

We are truly honored to have you as a repeat guest, and look forward to your upcoming visit!

Guilford, Connecticut
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Love the Beach House Suites! We used to stay at the main Don Cesar, and it is very plush and nice, but found the rooms to be very small. The Suites are like a small apartment with kitchen, living/dining area and washer/drier. It is a bit dated in decor, but I think they are working to improve that. The manager, Susan Owen, goes out of her way to make your stay pleasant. Can't wait to go there again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Rusne L.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of The Beach House Suites on Trip Advisor.

It is fantastic that you have had the opportunity to experience both Loews Don CeSar Hotel and the Beach House Suites. We are very different properties but we both have a lot to offer!

We can’t wait to have the opportunity to host your next St.Pete Beach vacation!