“I have stayed at the beach house every year for 15 years!”

Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar
Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed May 1, 2013

In four weeks time I will be returning to the beach house for my second break this year with them. The facilities and the staff are wonderful and this from a person who lives all week away from home in a Hilton. We found the hotel by accident when our daughter was small and have enjoyed our annual Holiday at the beach house every year since. The staff arrange some great trips out, with all the equipment for a picnic at the ready, one year they even arranged for my daughter to have her hair braided. Its a short walk to the supermarket with the excellent produce and the kitchen is well equiped. If I have a complaint at all its that time goes too fast and the kitchen doesnt have egg cups and tea bags - British people need boiled eggs and tea at breakfast, the coffee was a lovely substitute though. Looking forward to being back later this month!

Room Tip: over the pool, high as possible over looking the Gulf and not next to the stairs!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
BeachHouseMgmt, Front Office Manager at Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear vivienryan,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your Beach House Suites experience on Trip Advisor.

I love to hear stories of past vacations from our guests, and was delighted that we have had the opportunity to make your vacations special.

As for the egg cups, I am not familiar with what they are but stop by the front desk and we will see if we have them in storage or something comparable!

We are truly honored to have you as a repeat guest, and look forward to your upcoming visit!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Love the Beach House Suites! We used to stay at the main Don Cesar, and it is very plush and nice, but found the rooms to be very small. The Suites are like a small apartment with kitchen, living/dining area and washer/drier. It is a bit dated in decor, but I think they are working to improve that. The manager, Susan Owen, goes out of her way to make your stay pleasant. Can't wait to go there again!

Dear Rusne L.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of The Beach House Suites on Trip Advisor.

It is fantastic that you have had the opportunity to experience both Loews Don CeSar Hotel and the Beach House Suites. We are very different properties but we both have a lot to offer!

We can’t wait to have the opportunity to host your next St.Pete Beach vacation!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The Beach house suites by the Don Cesar is like staying in an apartment. It was clean and nicely decorated. With direct access to the beach. I appreciated having a washer dryer the full kitchen was perfect. My balcony on the 5th floor overlooked the gulf and pool. I had not been back in about 5 years and it was nice to see familiar faces. Cari & bill the bartenders are charming. Josephine, Geraldine and everyone in housekeeping could not have been nicer and attentive to my needs. The front desk staff was very upbeat and friendly. Susan the manager was also very helpful too. I would recommend this lovely hotel. I am going back in September for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Just keep in mind that it's a very family friendly hotel so if kids jumping in the pool and spla...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank FrancoisNYC

Dear FrancoisNYC,

When taking a beach vacation it is important to have easy access to the beach and I am thrilled to hear that you got to spend so much time around the beautiful Gulf of Mexico, it is what makes St.Pete Beach so amazing.

Thank you for the compliment on our crew! We do take every step possible to make sure each and every guest feels welcomed and I am glad you felt that you were part of our Beach House Family while you were here.

I am thrilled you had the opportunity to come visit us again, and we look forward to seeing you in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I love staying here. Each suite has plenty of room for 2 or more people. It is right on the beach and has a free shuttle service to the main Don Cesar resort (which is amazing!).

Staying here gives you the privilege to be able to use any of the amenities at the Don Cesar which has 2 pools and a hot tub plus so much more, in addition to what the Beach Suites have.

Staff are generally very friendly. Pool and beach bar are very nice as well.

Few things as a repeat customer I would love to see: Upgrades in kitchen, new carpets and fresh paint. Everything is very warn and dated. Carpets look nasty in some of the units.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank djtedn
BeachHouseMgmt, Manager at Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Djtedn,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for The Beach House Suites.
I agree that the space of each suite is a great asset to families who need the space, couples looking for a great beach front property, and the business traveler who might often get stuck in a smaller hotel room. I am glad you had a chance to experience the amenities at both our property as well as Loews Don CeSar Hotel, it is a great benefit when staying at both properties.

It is always refreshing to hear from a repeat guest, and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We are currently staying in the beach suites and I cannot fault it. Yes, the furniture is a bit worn and well used, however the suites are spotless and cleaned every day with fresh towels, toiletries, coffee - basically all the stuff a good hotel would give you. We came here after a holiday at the Waldorf in Orlando and were concerned after reading the reviews, however we had nothing to worry about. The washing machine and dryer are a godsend after spending time in a hotel room with 2 children. The tv in the lounge and bedroom are new flatscreen tv's. The balconys all have a gorgeous view of the beach, pool area is nice with plenty towels and padded sunbeds. I would definately recommend this property and we will be returning in the future.

3  Thank Wendy B
BeachHouseMgmt, Manager at Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Wendy B,

I am delighted to hear you had a great time here with us! Thank you for sharing your experience. I do feel that we have one of the best views to the beautiful Gulf of Mexico, and sunsets that are breath-taking.

As a hotel our biggest reward is a repeat guest, and we look forward to spending another vacation with you and your family!

Karalyn Frady, Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I got married and brought our teenage girl and her best friend. Was perfect!! Very safe hotel and very family oriented! I have nothing bad to say about this spot! The room is THE SPOT for famiies who want it all - privacy and family time. We'd stay here again in a heartbeat!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Pass-a-grille is right down the street! Quaint and family-oriented! Awesome!!!
2  Thank StaceyRJames

Dear StaceyRJames,

I would like to start by saying thank you for taking the time to review the Beach House Suites by the Don CeSar. I truly find it a great pleasure when our guests choose to celebrate here with us. I do agree that we are a great location for families looking for fun and couples looking for relaxing romance-and you got to experience both! Congratulations and a life time of happiness to you and your family.

Karalyn Frady, Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Don Cesar and Loews should strip their name from this hotel. I stayed in a one bedroom unit that had more wear and tear on it than a major hotel town should allow. I actually checked out one day early. My hot water lasted MAYBE 5 minutes for a shower. When I went to check out the front desk attendant still charged me $22 for a resort fee even after I mentioned I had no water. She said she would have someone check it out. Don't expect a fully stocked kitchen either . There were some plates, knives and forks but not even a pair of scissors. This location is no better than any other two store on the hotel and the staff clearly doesn't know what service is.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank bigappletraveller
BeachHouseMgmt, Manager at Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear bigappletraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

It is truly disappointing to hear about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.
If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail please feel free to contact me directly. I am always happy to help!