My girlfriend wanted to surprise me with a hotel on the beach for my 50th birthday, A beautiful room, breakfast in bed and a day at the beach. She called the Don Cesar who told her they were booked but right next door is their "sister" location called the beach suites. She told them it about her special plans for me & they told her don't worry its everything you are looking for...........WRONG!!!!
We checked in only to find out there is no food on site so her idea of breakfast in bed was out and believe it or not the girl at the front desk said we could either go to the Don or have the breakfast delivered to our room at the suites but " if you order something hot it might not be so hot when it arrives.
We went into our room which is a good size and is right on St Pete beach which is beautiful but the first thing we noticed was the garbage can in the middle of the kitchen floor with someone else's garbage in it along with some of whatever was in the garbage can in spots on the floor throughout the room. This "sister" hotel to the Don Cesar is a converted condo which hasnt been updated since the 90's. the rooms have a kind of a sticky feel to them, they are stained in various places and plain DIRTY! Now I can understand a room on the beach with a pool that has been around awhile for 69 dollars a night ...no big deal. this room was about $250 and frankly was a dump. Don't waste your time or money on this place until it is totally renovated. If your going to spend the money go to the Tradewinds. Loews Hotels should be ASHAMED of themselves for associating this hotel with the Don Cesar. They offered to move us to a different room which we did only to find out by a type written note on the kitchen counter that they were having work done to the elevator & there might be some jack hammering & possible power outages. We were then transferred to a woman named Adrian at the Don Cesar who offered us a room at the Don which is what we wanted in the first place but my girlfriend was so pissed as we had been there an hour and a half & still hadn't had a room. We just went home where we KNOW it is clean. We aren't being whiners, but when you pay for a nice room you should get one, Additionally the staff might try honesty instead of just trying to fill rooms. [--] Don Cesar, Don Cesar Beach Suites & Loews hotels! My girlfriend was trying to do something special for my 50th birthday which she explained in detail and not only did you fail, your word was plain BUNK!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beach House Suites are located directly on St. Pete Beach and feature seventy all-suite accommodations. Ideal for extended stays group blocks and families. Each suite is equipped with a separate living room with sofa bed, washer and dryer, and a kitchenette with mini-refrigerator, dishwasher, Keurig coffee-maker, microwave, and induction stove top. Pet-friendly accommodations are available. Guest rooms have spectacular views of the Gulf of Mexico. There is one heated outdoor pool. The property has a lounge and dining outlet, Sand Dollar Bar, adjacent to its pool area. Guests are able to use the world-class services and amenities at the nearby Don CeSar, which is about a half mile walk down the beach. These amenities include access to the two large heated outdoor pools, fitness center, yoga and aerobics classes, non-motorized watersport rentals, history tours, complimentary tastings, Kids Club, business center, PressReader access, and pool and beach games. Guests are able to make charges at the Spa Oceana, six drinking and dining outlets, and beach and watersport rentals. Access is included in the resort fee. Also included in the resort fee is premium Wi-Fi and two bottled waters, daily turndown service, upon request, and unlimited local calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach House Suites By The Don Cesar Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Beach Hotel Saint Pete
- Beach St Pete
- Beach Resort Saint Pete
- Beach House Suites By The Don CeSar St. Pete Beach, Florida