This hotel is an older 2-story building, remodeled with new amenities. Everything is spotlessly clean. The tile floors are an excellent choice because sand tends to "follow the guest inside". The small kitchenette has dishes, pots, pans, utensils, refrigerator, microwave, two burners, a toaster, and coffeepot. We might have appreciated complimentary coffee/tea amenities, since we stayed only 3 nights and did not buy groceries. Coffee was available at the office at 8:00 a.m. but we are early risers. Also, a few paper napkins would be nice, again because we would not buy a 200 pack for a short stay, but we did eat snacks and take-out food at the table provided.
The location on the beach is very desirable. The patio, pool area, tables, chairs, children's area, etc. all provide the guest with opportunities to relax outside. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful with each of our questions. The wifi in the room and computer terminals in the office worked well. The location is close to all restaurants and services. Cable TV was appreciated. (An armchair in the room would be a nice addition, as one person of this couple preferred to recline on the sofa-bed.)
As mentioned by previous guests, there is a complimentary Happy Hour each day from 4-5. It is a gracious & generous offer by the proprietor. However, the beverages are offered in the "Social Room" which each day quickly became crowded & too stuffy. We attempted to partake but did not feel comfortable here. We did not meet the proprietor and wondered if he/she was present? I wondered why this event was not held outdoors on the lovely patio, in beautiful fair weather?
I found the linens on the bed to be of low quality. I expect crisp, white sheets at any hotel, and luxury linens can enhance my stay. These had obviously been used past their life-span and were now thin and grey-looking, as were the pillows. I have no doubt they were clean, as the standard of cleanliness here is high, but I would have liked something better.
I appreciate the owner's regard for meeting "green" incentives. There are low-watt lights throughout, shampoo/conditioner dispensers, water-saving toilet, and other choices to this end. There are small educational signs to indicate these choices.
This hotel is an excellent choice for St. Pete's Beach in a modest price range. As new guests make a choice of hotel from a computer at home, there is a great deal to consider, and sharing information on this site is very helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely Renovated property from the 1950s, Plaza Beach Hotel Beachfront Resort is an award winning boutique resort of only 39 suites on the tropical island of St Pete Beach. St Pete Beach was voted #1 Beach in America by TripAdvisor, famous for its sugar white beaches. The Plaza Beach Hotel is situated directly on the beach with a large beachside pool overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Imagine yourself relaxing in the pool while watching a breathtaking purple sunset melt into the Gulf. Then relax in one of our spacious studio apartments with kitchenettes; great for large families, couples or the business traveler who wants all the amenities of home. Best of all we have No Surprise Resort Fees! Enjoy everything the Plaza Beach Resort has to offer at no additional cost. We really mean it: FREE beach chairs, FREE Beach/Pool Towels, FREE Wireless Internet, FREE Shuffleboard, FREE 4-hole Mini-Golf, FREE Human-size Chess, FREE BBQ Area, FREE Business Center, FREE Fitness Room, FREE parking, and FREE Fishing off of our private piers just across the street. Members of Superior Small Lodging Association and Approved by AAA for Quality and Standards, our resort is one of only a handful of resorts in Florida that has received the Green Lodging seal from the State of Florida and a Greenleaders Gold Award from TripAdvisor for our effort in conserving and recycling. Our resort is Family Owned and Operated, and has been since 1988. The family is still very active in the day to day operations and has an amazing staff ready to assist you with an authentic Florida vacation. St Pete Beach is a 6-mile island and the Plaza Beach Resort is directly in the center of the island. Everything is within walking distance: the grocery store, restaurants, and shopping are just across the street. The Plaza Beach staff is more than happy to help you find the many activities also available on the beach such as deep sea fishing, parasailing, jet skiing, dolphin cruises, sunset cruises and ferries available to visit the nearby islands. Best of all we are only 30 minutes from Busch Gardens and 90 minutes from Disney, Universal, and other Orlando theme parks. Try us and see for yourself why so many people return to the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Saint Pete Beach
- Plaza Beach Saint Pete
- Plaza Beach Resort
- Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida