“Perfect in every way!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Okeana, Ohio
“Perfect in every way!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was my second trip to the Plaza Beach Resort, and will be the only place I stay, every year. What I love about it is that you are family here, not a room #. Everyone bends over backwards for you, and nobody turns up their nose to you. This is my second home, where I feel safe and relaxed and entertained.... I tell everyone to stay here and rave about it. See ya next September!

Room Tip: Second floor is quieter.
Green Features: They do go green. Check out the bathrooms for more info.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cynthia G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (557)
  • Polish first
Central Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Let's be straight. This is no "resort." This is a spruced up 1950's Florida MOTEL. If you are used to even the lower end of the superchains-- Hampton Inn -like -- you will really be disappointed. If you like motels, you'll be OK with this. Just know the marketing is over-cooked and it's not a good value in my opinion. Good: gulf-front, nice beach, good use of the beach, OK pool, kind of clean just old, frig in room, close to restaurants and amenities ... Bad: tiniest bathrooms ever, no cleaning service on Sundays, no elevators, not friendly to challenged folks, mold in bathrooms, loud a/c units, no resort style amenities. Really what put this over the top for me was the poor service. They run everything on a shoestring budget and staff. That translates into poor customer Svc and nickle/diming (10$ for an extra key).

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank tounderpar
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you for your review, but I and 99% of the TripAdvisor users would disagree with you. We are most certainly a resort, though not a huge one with 300+ rooms we do offer the same amenities. Our property is directly on the beautiful beach with available amenities including, room service, complimentary social hour with beer and wine offerings, access to three properties including a 1500sq ft fishing dock, beach services such as cabanas, stand up paddleboards, kayaks, parasailing, aqua bikes, dolphin watching boat trips, snorkeling excursions, fishing poles, shuffleboard, corn toss, foosball, business center – this list goes on. We are proudly family owned and operated with friendly, personal service and certainly do not operate with a shoestring budget. We do take a $10 deposit for extra room keys, which is returned when the extra key is returned, so there is not a charge. We are very clean and fully renovated, as you can see by our Tripadvisor rating. Unlike most big resorts, we do not charge a resort fee and include parking, wifi and pool towels for free. We are one of the few properties that do not nickel and dime guests with hidden fees, resort fees, wifi fee, business center fees etc.. added at check out. I’m sorry you felt that this was not a good experience for your family.

To our TripAdvisor Community:
As I have mentioned in the past, please let us know immediately if you feel that something is not to your satisfaction. Our fantastic staff is here to make sure you have a great and enjoyable vacation. Please also visit our award-winning website so that you have an understanding of what the our boutique hotel is all about. We are family owned and operated since 1988 and look forward to hosting you at our beachfront paradise.

Sparks, Nevada, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2013

this was our 2nd time staying here and it was awesome.. we love it there, the beach is so close, the poor is clean, its close to everything, the front desk are great, the beds are great, the kitchen area is nice, and the people staying there are wonderful too...the air conditioning works great.. and it is quiet..

Room Tip: get one with two queen beds, it is better
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for a wonderful FIVE STAR review of your stay at the Plaza Beach Hotel – Beachfront Resort. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and pointed out all of the great amenities we have to offer. We all look forward to seeing you during your next stay!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

A great place to stay if you're looking for a quiet, clean, and friendly hotel. Great value for the price. The only downside is that it's about a mile from the main restaurants and beachside bars, but if you don't mind the walk it's a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Eustis, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2013

When I booked my trip to St. Pete Beach I was torn between two properties, one a resort and Plaza Beach. I decided on Plaza Beach for one reason, the family owned property that evidently showed a sense of pride not a focus on just getting my money. At check in I was pleasantly greeted by the staff, had immpeciable daily room cleaning service and it was QUIET!!!
I am not a frequent vacation taker because my job and other obligations normally prevent this, so when a window opened I had three criteria for my vacation location:
West Coast of FL (Beaches are cleaner, water is clear and I prefer stingrays over sharks)
Hotel on the beach (walking across pavement and dodging cars daily is not on my agenda)
Quiet (Hence why the resort was struck off the list, plus, who wants to pay a $35 a day resort fee?)
Plaza Beach fulfilled all three!!! Not only fulfilled but surpassed! I will be back...off to find that window of time now....

Room Tip: Choose the room that faces the pool...you get an awesome view of the beach.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank rhoriem
Seymour, Indiana, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Plaza Beach Resort in St. Pete Beach Fl. was the best Florida experience of all. My fight arrived early but they bent over backwards to get me checked in early! The room was very clean & the staff was always friendly & helpful. I've always liked the smaller family motels when I travel since my parents took us as kids Hi-rises don't work for me! there were so many food & shopping places within walking distance or free shuttle (tip only! they were great!!) Pool was great, beachfront, happy hour in conference room 4 to 5...free beer & wine. Became part of a group that returns annually, will be there next year, hope to see you there!!
Kyle Curry
Indiana

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Kyle C
Thank you for leaving a Five Star Review for your recent stay at the Plaza Beach Hotel – Beachfront Resort. Smaller family-run resorts are hard to find, but we’re glad you appreciate the charm and personal service we give to our guests. Many of our guests become lifelong friends who come back for a reunion every year. You won’t find that anywhere but here! Looking forward to having the whole gang back next September!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Pictures online are very deceiving. Although the pool area is nice and the adirondack chairs were great the motel itself is sad. Beds are small and lumpy. Air conditioning unit very noisy. So much for listening to the ocean! Our gulf view from inside was a very small window. The bathroom was the smallest ever and there was mold on the shower wall. If we had not paid in advance I would have run! It was a depressing experience and one my family will tease me about booking forever!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Donna M
Thank you for your review, however I find most of your comments unfounded. All of our pictures online on any website are exactly what you get. Our website even offers a virtual tour to give you a real perspective on the property inside and out. You stayed with us for two nights and never mentioned any problems with the air conditioner or anything else in your room. Our bathrooms are admittedly small, but are all brand new and completely renovated. Your reservation was booked online through a third party. We encourage everyone to call the hotel directly to book and we can thoroughly explain the layout of the property and rooms. If you do encounter a problem, please bring it to our attention immediately so that we can remedy the situation while you are here. We can’t help you after check out. Your room was our Superior Gulf View Suite, which offers a partial view of the beach. I’m disappointed that you would describe your stay as depressing, especially with all of the other happy guests we have, which is apparent by our Tripadvisor reviews.

To our TripAdvisor Community: