“Excellent location and Great Place to Stay”

Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Gander, Canada
“Excellent location and Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We have stayed at Plaza Beach Hotel on several occasions. It is located directly on the beach and is fairly close to lots of good shopping if one chooses to do so. The staff are very friendly and helpful. There is a Happy Hour every evening and you are almost certain to meet a new friend.We also found the pool area to be clean and tidy. However, we did find the Air Conditioning Unit to be noisy and that the cutlery in the room needs to be updated.
We do not hesitate recommending this hotel when the opportunity presents itself and we will be returning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mose1944

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (557)
  • Polish first
Harrisville, Rhode Island
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We returned to Ri on mya 28 after spending 3 wonderful weeks.We plan as usual to stay in November.We have been traveling twice a year for ten years. The staff and personnel have always been excellent and we highly recommend the Plaza.
Again
Thank you all for another wonderful vacation.
Bob and Bev

Port Charlotte, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We have stayed at Plaza Beach Hotel 3 or 4 times. We love it. It is directly on the beach, clean, friendly, and the family-like community is always there. We also like that we can cook in the room to save money by not going out to eat for every meal. Our usual is: we bring up a cooler full of food and then we can go shopping for anything else we need. We cook breakfast and lunch at the hotel and then go out for dinner. The restaurants around the hotel are great and some of them are within walking distance.
This last trip I forgot something in the room when we left and didn't realize I had forgotten it until we were home. I called them and they had found it and mailed it to me the next day. They are so wonderful there.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the parking lot are great. They are closer to the covered tiki-like tables.
Green Features: The hotel is green. They have soap, shampoo, and conditioner dispensers instead of small bottles. They also have designated bins for glass, paper, plastic, and aluminum on the premises. I also like that they have beach toys and chair to borrow by the pool area. There is always enough for everyone.
Allen Park
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Had a great stay! Room was pleasant and in a great location near the pool and beach. The kitchenette was convenient for small breakfast items and fridge was very helpful for keeping water and "adult beverages" cold!! We loved the early evening happy hours - it would be nice if it was located under the cute tiki hut near the pool and beach.
Check in was easy. Checking out was easy!
Would recommend and would stay again. My only small and unexpected complaint.... our beach towels we brought from home went missing the last night from our balcony chairs outside our room. We would leave them on our chairs at night to dry. Advised the front desk but nothing ever turned up. No big deal since I wasn't attached to the beach towels. Otherwise, excellent stay and will return in the future!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Reemarie
Elgin, mn
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Friendly helpful staff, nice location, well kept rooms. Nice access to beach and nice pool. Social hour from 4-5 pm every night free wine and beer! The beach was beautiful and the sand was perfect! Look carefully at sunset and you may see dolphins surfacing in the distance.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor if you can, and over looking the beach area is the best. You can h...
Green Features: Should have recyclables containers location marked.
1 Thank Craig B
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I read the reviews and was still skeptical, but got a decent deal on the room so I went with it. I was unaware check in was not till 3:00 p.m. and I got there at noon. Though my room was not ready, since they were fully booked the night before, the front desk was highly accommodating. They allowed me to set my things inside so my cosmetics would not melt in my car, offered me all the amenities they had, and even put a rush on my room.

Each bump that I crossed (through no fault of theirs) they were quick to help with and fix. The hotel was super cute and right on the beach. They even hand delivered menus from local establishmentes and other items to my room. Whatever you do in St. Pete DO NOT order pizza from GIGI’S Italian Restaurant. Not sure about what else they offer there, but the hamburger pizza I ordered was the worst I ever had in my life!

They do not have an elevator for upstairs rooms. I am very small and petite; since I was by myself it was difficult carrying my luggage to and from the second floor; they offered to help, but I did ok. Next time I will just remember to ask for the first floor.

This is not a place for a party crowd, but there are many other places close by in walking distance if that is what you want. All is quiet and clean with exceptional service and accommodations. I will stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: They do not have an elevator so if you cant walk steps ask for the first floor.
Green Features: They have designated areas for recycling, properly displayed signage encouraging guest to be conscious of usage, and use dispensed soaps rather than wasting travel sized plastic containers. I greatly appreciate the measures they go to encourage environmentally friendly practices.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank justsherryk
Humboldt
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is the fourth year in a row that we have stayed at the Plaza Beach. It's a great beachside hotel with an accommodating staff. Rooms are clean. They have happy hour every day from 4 to 5 with free beer and wine, a great way to socialize with other guests.

Green Features: This hotel promotes recycling with bins conveniently located behind the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple