“Nice rooms, convenient access to beach!”

Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Friendly helpful staff, nice location, well kept rooms. Nice access to beach and nice pool. Social hour from 4-5 pm every night free wine and beer! The beach was beautiful and the sand was perfect! Look carefully at sunset and you may see dolphins surfacing in the distance.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor if you can, and over looking the beach area is the best. You can h...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Craig B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,955)

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I read the reviews and was still skeptical, but got a decent deal on the room so I went with it. I was unaware check in was not till 3:00 p.m. and I got there at noon. Though my room was not ready, since they were fully booked the night before, the front desk was highly accommodating. They allowed me to set my things inside so my cosmetics would not melt in my car, offered me all the amenities they had, and even put a rush on my room.

Each bump that I crossed (through no fault of theirs) they were quick to help with and fix. The hotel was super cute and right on the beach. They even hand delivered menus from local establishmentes and other items to my room. Whatever you do in St. Pete DO NOT order pizza from GIGI’S Italian Restaurant. Not sure about what else they offer there, but the hamburger pizza I ordered was the worst I ever had in my life!

They do not have an elevator for upstairs rooms. I am very small and petite; since I was by myself it was difficult carrying my luggage to and from the second floor; they offered to help, but I did ok. Next time I will just remember to ask for the first floor.

This is not a place for a party crowd, but there are many other places close by in walking distance if that is what you want. All is quiet and clean with exceptional service and accommodations. I will stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: They do not have an elevator so if you cant walk steps ask for the first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank justsherryk
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is the fourth year in a row that we have stayed at the Plaza Beach. It's a great beachside hotel with an accommodating staff. Rooms are clean. They have happy hour every day from 4 to 5 with free beer and wine, a great way to socialize with other guests.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was traveling with my grandson on a vacation to Florida. After the Orlando madness, I wanted to be on the gulf and had researched places to stay. Plaza Beach was the right choice. I never felt unsafe, guests and staff alike were friendly. We enjoyed the selections of restaurants that were close by. A 24 hour Walgreens ( I think) is just across and down a bit. Will most definitely be on my "Must Go Back" list of serene, safe and the units are fully stocked as well. The sugar sand gets everywhere, but you are situated on a beautiful beach. Wished the pool was open later, but the games and amenities were fun.

Room Tip: I booked online, so got a room under the stairs but was near the fountain and so felt secure, but wa...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We booked a three night stay at the Plaza Beachfront Resort over Memorial Day weekend. It is a very cozy and quaint vacation destination. The rooms were clean,. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We really enjoyed the free happy hour offered daily in the conference room too. We had a good time visiting and sharing stories with other guests. The location is convenient and the weather was perfect! It is a smaller scaled establishment compared to some of the bigger competitors but we found it to be a great value. We would definitely recommend the Plaza Beachfront Resort.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Beth S
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Beth,

Thank you for spending your holiday weekend with us and for a Five Star review of the Plaza Beach Hotel – Beachfront Resort. Many, like yourself, prefer the personal, smaller boutique resorts to the massive mega hotels. Our Social Hour is very popular and is a great way for guests to mingle and give recommendations to help others enjoy their stay in the area even more. Thank you again and I look forward to your next stay!!

Robert Czyszczon
Plaza Beach Resorts
"Traditions Start Here"

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was our first trip to Florida for a beach vacation. We did some research and decided to visit St. Pete Beach for a couple of days. Based on other reviews and wanting a moderate but not very expensive hotel, we ended up here. Our flight was late so we checked in around 10. The office hours are only until 10:30 so I don't how they handle it when guests show up late.

The room could be considered either a large room or a small suite. There were 2 full beds, a couch, coffee table, dresser and two closet spaces (walled off but no doors). The kitchenette area had a table with 3 chairs, a small fridge with top freezer, toaster, coffee maker, microwave, and a very small sink area with a stovetop. I can't see anyone making gourmet meals here but you can warm up food and do basic cooking.

The bathroom was quite small with 3 small shelves and a couple of towel bars. The shower and tub were old but ok. There were shampoo, conditioner, and liquid soap dispensers along with a single bar of soap.

I found the beds too firm and the spreads and blankets kind of old and iffy - they didn't appear to have been washed lately. There was a huge flat-screen TV pointed at the beds with lots of channels (but nothing good on!).

The nicest part of the hotel was that it was on the beach so you could walk out the back right onto the sand. There's a pool with plenty of lounge chairs and some wooden beach chairs out on the sand. We rented an umbrella and 2 chairs from a beach vendor for $20 cash for the day (bring some cash if you want to rent anything or do activities - they frown on credit cards). The beach area right behind the hotel was very crowded, and I suggest going a bit south (to the left) where the beach is a bit less sandy but less crowded.

Outside each room were two chairs and there were several other table/chair setups if you want to sit outside. Obviously there are lots of options to spend time outdoors - beach, pool, lounge chairs, etc. but even if it's raining and you need to be indoors, the room is comfortable and large enough to avoid boredom.

Room Tip: The hotel is oriented perpendicularly to the street which is noisy and full of traffic. Rooms toward...
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Plaza Beach is a great hotel. The hotel,location,staff and the beach. Just outstanding.Everything is within walking distance.A special shout out to Jackie who works in the office,she was very helpful, friendly and went the extra mile finding us a room for when we come back in July with our son who will be home from the military.