This was our first trip to Florida for a beach vacation. We did some research and decided to visit St. Pete Beach for a couple of days. Based on other reviews and wanting a moderate but not very expensive hotel, we ended up here. Our flight was late so we checked in around 10. The office hours are only until 10:30 so I don't how they handle it when guests show up late.
The room could be considered either a large room or a small suite. There were 2 full beds, a couch, coffee table, dresser and two closet spaces (walled off but no doors). The kitchenette area had a table with 3 chairs, a small fridge with top freezer, toaster, coffee maker, microwave, and a very small sink area with a stovetop. I can't see anyone making gourmet meals here but you can warm up food and do basic cooking.
The bathroom was quite small with 3 small shelves and a couple of towel bars. The shower and tub were old but ok. There were shampoo, conditioner, and liquid soap dispensers along with a single bar of soap.
I found the beds too firm and the spreads and blankets kind of old and iffy - they didn't appear to have been washed lately. There was a huge flat-screen TV pointed at the beds with lots of channels (but nothing good on!).
The nicest part of the hotel was that it was on the beach so you could walk out the back right onto the sand. There's a pool with plenty of lounge chairs and some wooden beach chairs out on the sand. We rented an umbrella and 2 chairs from a beach vendor for $20 cash for the day (bring some cash if you want to rent anything or do activities - they frown on credit cards). The beach area right behind the hotel was very crowded, and I suggest going a bit south (to the left) where the beach is a bit less sandy but less crowded.
Outside each room were two chairs and there were several other table/chair setups if you want to sit outside. Obviously there are lots of options to spend time outdoors - beach, pool, lounge chairs, etc. but even if it's raining and you need to be indoors, the room is comfortable and large enough to avoid boredom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely Renovated this year, Plaza Beach Hotel Beachfront Resort is an award winning boutique resort of only 39 suites on the tropical island of St Pete Beach. St Pete Beach was voted #1 Beach in America by tripadvisor and is famous for its sugar white beaches. Plaza Beach Resort is situated directly on the beach with a large beachside pool overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Imagine yourself relaxing in the pool while watching a breathtaking orange/purple sunset melt into the gulf. All rooms are spacious studio apartments with full kitchen; great for large families, couples or the business traveler who wants all the amenities of home. Best of all we have No Surprise Resort Fees, Enjoy everything the Plaza Beach Resort has to offer at no additional cost. We really mean it: FREE Beach Cabanas, FREE Beach/Pool Towels, FREE Wireless Internet, FREE Shuffleboard, FREE 4-hole Mini-Golf, FREE Human-size Chess, FREE BBQ Area, FREE Business Center, FREE Fitness Room, FREE parking and FREE Fishing off of our private piers just across the street. Our resort is Family Owned and Operated, and has been since 1988. The family is still very active in the day to day operations, on property daily, with a great friendly staff ready to assist you with a genuine Florida vacation. Members of Superior Small Lodging Association and Approved by AAA for Quality and Standards, our resort is one of only a handful of resorts in Florida that has received the Green Lodging seal from the State of Florida as well as greenleaders gold award from tripadvisor for our effort in conserving and recycling. St Pete Beach is a 6-mile island and the Plaza Beach Resort is directly in the center of the island. Everything is in walking distance, the grocery store, restaurants, and shopping are just across the street. As well as Deep Sea Fishing, Parasailing, Jet Skiing, Dolphin Cruises, Sunset Cruises and many different island cruises visiting the nearby islands. Best of all we are only 30 minutes from Busch Gardens and 90 minutes from Disney and all the Orlando Parks. Try us, and see for yourself why so many people return to the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Saint Pete Beach
- Plaza Beach Saint Pete
- Plaza Beach Resort
- Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida