“Great time in St.Pete Beach”

Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had a great time in october 2012.Everything was fine,we will come back for sure,thanks to Shelley for her support ,she is very nice.
Excellent pool area,white beach beautiful location for families and couples

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Thomas B
There are newer reviews for Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had a nice visit here, clean, spacious room but wished we'd had a better and at least queen size mattress. Friendly staff and folks visiting from all over, with many that have been coming here for years and years. There is a daily happy hour enjoyed by many. The location is great, very convenient to many things, groceries across the street. The pool, bbq area and patio are are very nice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlaskaLH
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Plaza Beach Hotel-Beachfront Resort. I am very happy to hear that you found our rooms clean and spacious. I'm glad that you enjoyed the staff and guest , as well as , the daily social hour with free beer and wine. As for the mattress, they are all Full XL, so they are the same length as a queen, but a little narrower. Are next mattress order will be all queens, as that is what our guest are requesting and I take all request and suggestions very seriously.

Thank you again and I look forward to you next visit to beautiful St Pete Beach

Robert Czyszczon
Plaza Beach Resorts - St Pete Beach

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Our stay at Plaza Beach "Resort" was definitely NOT as we expected from the numerous glowing reviews on TripAdvisor. Yes, the property is beach front, and that's the best thing about it. Otherwise, we found the rooms rather threadbare and outdated. My main complaint, other than the overbearing smell of mustiness in the room, was the bedding. I'm sure the hotel owners can manage to update their bedding more than once every 10 years. The brown floral quilt covering the bed was totally gross, the warmer, camel-colored blanket under the quilt was equally old and nasty. The pillows smelled. The bleached white sheets were coarse and threadbare. All in all, I felt the bedding was unsanitary and unacceptably worn for a place that calls itself "resort".

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank belkissa

Thank you for your review and I apologize that you were not fully satisfied with our property. You mentioned it was not what you expected, was it any different than what you saw on our website? The answer is "No" Our website is so detailed, with hotels videos, guest videos, hundreds of photos, and a full "Virtual Walk-Through" of our property, it is not possible to say that it's not what you expected.

Decorative style is someone's opinion, you may not like the floral quilt bedspread, but it was on the website and you should have expected it. The sheets are not bleached white, they are a color called Bone, specify picked to match the Floral bedspread and the curtains. If your sheets were a little rough or threadbare, I apologize for that. We are in the process of replacing them, most of them have already been replaced but every so often we come across some. That being said, the sheets, the blanket, and bedspreads are all clean and always washed. Again, I apologize the bedding was not to your liking, but I hope you enjoyed all the other amenities, like the kitchens in the rooms, the large pool overlooking the beach, the colorful beach chairs, and great location with all the restaurants and so much more.

Thank you again for your review and I welcome you back for another visit to beautiful St Pete Beach.

Robert Czyszczon
Plaza Beach Resorts - St Pete Beach

Reviewed January 5, 2013

At first when we arrived we were sceptical of the place but we were soon very happy and our fears laid to rest, As they say don't judge a book by it cover as It was a very enjoyable stay at The Plaza Beach Hotel, We met some wonderful people and we are now Friends with them all. The room was clean and tidy, Fabulous views of the Ocean and the Sunsets to die for. Ample dining places close by to eat and Supermarkets so close if you want dine in. Local buses very easy to navigate if you don't drive.Superb walks along the beach.All in all a great place to stay. Also two beach weddings while we were there which we all joined in the first one, unusual surprise as we don't get that in England. Cliff & Frances London

Room Tip: Ocean views are great and sunny, garden rooms if you like it cooler
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MeandHerLondonUK
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed for two nights and already planning a week stay. A few short steps from beach. Rooms were clean and good sized with sleeping for six. Kitchenette in the room with full size fridge. Clean Heated pool, cabanas, lounge chairs, mini gulf, toys, shuffle board, bean bag toss, semi private beach, and laundry facilites on resort all available for your leisure. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Tina M
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I'll be honest: when my best friend asked if I wanted to drive from Indiana to Florida in the middle of July, I wasn't exactly thrilled with the prospect. Long drives and hot weather aren't exactly my cup of tea, but I'm not one to say no so I went...and I was VERY pleasantly surprised and pleased with my week stay at the Plaza Beach Resort.

Hands down the best part was being directly on the beach, which was simply gorgeous and not crowded at all. I loved being able to spend all day out in the sun- things like taking a break for lunch didn't interfere with my day because my room was so close. The room felt like more of an apartment than a hotel room (and if four college age girls have plenty of room, that's definitely saying something!) It was very convenient and cost effective to have a full kitchen in our room for the week. But if I didn't want to cook, there were plenty of small restaurants on the beach. Don't even get me started on how much I loved being able to go to dinner in my swimsuit and eat with my toes still in the sand!

I also enjoyed the location- there was plenty of things in St. Petersburg for us to do and it was close enough for us to make a day trip to Walt Disney World. It was the most relaxing vacation I've been on- there was no stress of trying to get places or find things to do- everything was very simple and straight forward. Overall it was a fantastic experience and I would LOVE to go back one day. Maybe you're looking for a vacation spot for your family, maybe you're looking for a place to stay on a business trip...regardless of your circumstances, the Plaza Beach Hotel is exactly what you're looking for.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My family and I have been going to Plaza Beach since 2000 and have not tried the bay side resorts. This year Tracy and I decided to stay at the Bay Palms because we could bring our boat and keep it in a slip next to our room. The boat slip had fresh water for wash out daily after we came back in from fishing. ship to shore power to keep batteries on board charged. The Bay Palms rooms were like new and well appointed. We reserved a 1 bedroom suite. The one bedroom suite had a separate bedroom and full kitchen, with a sofa sleeper for my niece.
Our boat was visible in the slip right out the living room area window. Since our first stay in 2000 the Plaza Beach resorts have been updated so much it was better every time we showed up for our annual spring break.

Room Tip: If you want to bring a boat or ski's (wave runner) Stay on the bay side. The suites have bigger...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family