“Addictive” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
St.Johns, Newfoundland
“Addictive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I found this place online while looking for a place to stay in st petes. It turns out that I cant get enough. My family and I have made it our spot 3 years in a row. My kids are 17&21 and they look forward to returning every year. It has everything in walking distance ex. grocery store, liquor store, dollar tree which I love and restaurants ...my sons favourite pizza restaurant across the street. The staff keep it very clean, it is very quiet at night. It is no doubt a wonderful friendly safe place to stay wether you have a family or just the 2 of you. Try it , you will be back!!
Robert, you and your staff have done a great job keeping your guests coming back and my family and I would like to thank you for making this my home away from home!!

Newfoundland,Canada

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Elizabethdaydicks
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
I love that heading "Addictive". Thank you for your Wonderful review of the Plaza Beach Hotel-Beachfront Resort and for being such a great repeat guest. Three years in a row is fantastic, as our slogan says "Traditions Start Here" and I'm happy to see that. I appreciate you mentioning the staff, I'll be sure to share your comments with them. I also appreciate you noticing all the improvements that we are making yearly. We love surprising our repeat guest with something new every year.

Try to stay warm in Newfoundland this winter and we look forward to seeing you in 2013

Robert Czyszczon
Plaza Beach Resorts - St Petes Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Polish first
Youngstown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Nicely maintained, super clean, motel right on one of the country's best
beaches. We stayed here several times in the mid 1970s, and the place is still family owned (different family), and has been modernized and upgraded. Rooms are large and well laid out with kitchenettes and refrigerators. A/C is modern and effective. Floors are nice tile, which is great, since being right on the beach means sand is present. Bathrooms/showers are small, but well thought out with nice fixtures.
Good sized heated salt water pool overlooks the beach.
Small hotel snack bar by pool is open during busy season. Nice beach bar about 100 yards down the beach.
Staff was friendly and eager to please. This motel is good value for the money. You can't beat the beach. White sand, wide, safe, very long for walking if you wish, clean water right on the Gulf.
There are plenty of restaurants and attractions nearby, if you can tear yourself away from the sand , sea, and sun.
We've rediscovered St Pete Beach and the Plaza Beach Hotel after 35 years of travelling all over the world. We will be coming back.

Room Tip: Upper floor avoids hearing footsteps on tiled floors above you.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank sweenja
Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed for a couple of days at the end of August and we had such a lovely time:) From the road it we were not so sure if I was going to like the place, but it turned out to be absolutely lovely. The rooms were clean and large enough. the pool was nice. But it was RIGHT on a beautiful beach. Staff was super friendly and there was a cute hot dog stand on the site. Here's a tip an old timer told me: There is a beach bar just about a 100 feet up the beach where we got beers and sweet cocktails while taking a break from swimming and hanging on the not very crowded beach. We were only there for 2 days, but next time we come back we'll stay for a whole week!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matt L
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 6 days over Thanksgiving and we would definitely go back.
Everything that has been mentioned---location, size, beautiful beach, cleanliness, accessible groceries, friendly staff and family owned is definitely a plus. We had a room on the courtyard side and it was quiet. We used the kitchenette daily. There was plenty of hot water and water pressure was fine. One thing that I haven't noticed being mentioned is how nice the lighting in the room is. There is ample reading light for both beds. The recessed lighting in the ceiling is perfect---much better than in much more expensive hotels. I thought it was nice to look up to a freshly painted ceiling with new molding and not have to face ugly fluorescent lighting. A little thing maybe, but if you like to read, you know what I mean.
I regret that we did not get to visit with the owners, but I would like to tell them thank you. Katy gave us a great reception when we checked in and was very helpful with her advice.
It it heartening to see a place, a little oasis among the giants, that continues to improve and genuinely wants to serve their clients well. The only thing that I would suggest at this point is to add some new pillows for those of us who don't yet travel with their own.
Hope we can visit again next year.

Room Tip: The courtyard side, upstairs is good.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jsisla
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Great little motel / hotel right on the beach. It's on Gulf Boulevard too, which is fairly busy, but we didn't hear any road noise from our room, which was only one room away from the street. Great value for the location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I spent five nights here including Thanksgiving. This was our third time back to this hotel, and it did not disappoint. We arrived after midnight the first night, and they were very accommodating. Staff was very helpful, and friendly. We also like the small kitchens which are in every room. Great for making meals, or just keeping snacks and drinks. Also Publix is basically right across the street for groceries. The beach is great, and they have a few beach chairs for use. One suggestion may be to have a blender or two that could be checked out to guests. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay...again, and I am sure we will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Walnut Grove, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This establishment embodies everything that is so wonderful about a family-owned small hotel: friendly and helpful staff, quaint and thoughtful amenities and repeat guests. My family and I had two rooms for the Thanksgiving weekend, and enjoyed the clean and spacious rooms, as well as getting to know the other guests at the daily wine/beer reception.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the non-parking lot side for more privacy. And the units on the end with balcon...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family