“Quaint Hotel and Friendly Staff”

Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful time. The staff were friendly and accomodating. Our room was very clean and had space to move around in. The kitchen in the room makes your stay even more pleasant if you plan to stay longer than a few days. We really appreciated the fact that we could open the windows in this hotel since it was 73 while we were visiting, not to mention the ceiling fan over the bed. They also had tables outside most of the rooms where you could sit and relax if you didn't feel like going anywhere. They have Happy Hour from 4-5 everyday and while there we met a group of retirees who visit every year, at the same time of year, and stay in the same rooms. They were very nice people who we enjoyed talking too. My only complaint (and this is minor) is that there wasn't any water pressure in our room. Regardless of this, my husband and I have decided we will be going back next year sometime. WE CAN'T WAIT!!!! Great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,939)

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We spent five days, including Thanksgiving, at this hotel. It is one of the cleanest places we have ever stayed. Everyone (including other guests) was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed having a small kitchen for snacks, etc. The beach is right there--no going across the road or through the lobby. The sunsets were great! Yes, this is an older property; but, it has been very well maintained. We will be back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights enjoying St. Pete Beach and Pass a Grille. Plaza Beach Hotel is convenient to everything we wanted to see, and the very friendly staff helped us with any question we had. We loved sitting by the beach and watching the sun sink into the sea. All the people staying at Plaza Beach seemed to develop a sense of community. Most of all, the room was immaculate, comfortably furnished, and quiet, all at very reasonable rates.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Very nice smaller hotel. Older property but well maintained and clean. Bathroom a bit small very serviceable. Nice pool. Plenty of lounge chairs around pool. Nice shaded area between pool and beach which also had lounge chairs. Great location right on the beach where the white sand is very soft. Kitchenette is great to have. We kept snacks, milk, wine, cheese & ice cream in the fridge. Every day from 4 till 5 they offer free bud light beer and red and white wine. Friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank dave_1303
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We just completed a three day stay at the Plaza Beach Hotel and we could not be more satisfied. The in-room kitchen was complete with everything you would find at home, The staff was friendly and did their utmost to be helpful. The best part is the beach, which is right at the end of the property with the sunsets that have to be seen to be believed. All in all, highly recommended, great value.

Room Tip: Try the rooms at the beach end for the best views.
1  Thank froggy54
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel is great, right on the beach, clean, no complaints there. It's a little older, but they've made do with what they have to work with. Most of the staff was friendly and helpful, but I had a strange experience at the front desk. Three times during my stay when I went to the desk one of the employees had their small baby at work with her. I found this extremely unprofessional. A few of the times the baby was crying and it seemed like everyone felt awkward, except the mother. She didn't seem to care that her kid was putting such a negative light on a nice hotel. The other young girl at the desk gave me one of those "I'm sorry theres nothing I can do" looks. How does the management let this happen? I know it is family owned and all and I dont know if this is part of the family or not, but this should stop. I encountered this baby several times during my trip there, so it was not an isolated incident. Kudos to Luann the manager there who suggested Dockside Daves Grill for dinner - get the grouper! It was excellent, some of the best food I had during my vacation. The gal with the baby suggested the Wharf which was a dump with crappy food. Not sure I would return just due to the sketchy nature of their employees.

Room Tip: Courtyard side is quiet
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for much for your review, I'm so happy that you enjoyed the beach and our property. I do want to address the baby behind the front desk and personally apologize for that. One of our front office agents had a situation where her babysitter fell ill and was not able to babysit for almost two weeks. With no one else to turn to, I made the decision to allow our front office agent to bring her baby daughter to work. Throughout most of her shift everyone helped and took turns babysitting a little, but there were times when the front office agent was alone with the baby. I apologize again, and agree it was a little awkward at times, but I happy to report that her babysitter has recovered and is back on the job of babysitting the baby. Thank you for also mentioning Luanne, she's great as our all the front office agents, they all have great suggestions, so just ask when you're here. I also want to apologize that you did not have a good experience at the Wharf restaurant, it is a historic icon and all the front office agents recommend it. The restaurant is built completely over the water, it's the only restaurant of it's kind in this area, very popular with the locals, and I personally dine there with my kids who love to feed the fish off the end of the restaurant. Everyone has bad days, that could of been one of theirs, but Wharf, just like Dockside Daves and others, we highly recommend.

I hope that now that you understand why the baby was there, you would reconsider returning. None of our employees are sketchy, they all have been handpicked from hundreds of resumes by my wife and I. Almost all our front office agents have been here for numerous years and are all family to us, so that's why we do, what sometimes needs to be done.

Thank you for understanding and I look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Robert Czyszczon
Plaza Beach Resorts - St Pete Beach

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We spent two days there and definitely enjoyed our stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. The accommodations were great and the kitchen came in veryt handy. Really impressed with the beach and the chairs in the sand . Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you so much for your Excellent review of the Plaza Beach Hotel-Beachfront Resort. I am so happy to read that you had two wonderful days at the beach and enjoyed our accommodations. Thank you for also mentioning that the staff was friendly and helpful, I will be sure to share that with all of them at our next staff meeting.

Thank you again, I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Robert Czyszczon