“Great little weekend getaway!”

Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Our family only stayed for one night, but one could definitely make a week out of this hotel. Our first day we arrived in the morning, and since our room was not ready yet (we knew we were early) the kind woman at the front desk offered to call me on my cell phone to let me know when we could pick up our key. We headed over to the beach, just a short walk passed the pool, and proceeded to enjoy our day in the sun. Our kids loved swimming in the warm ocean water, and the sand was perfect for building sand castles. When we were ready to pack up, I checked my phone, and sure enough I had a message saying our room was ready. I was pleasantly surprised to find an array of tiki huts outside our room. What a perfect place to sit and read a book or share a meal with family. Inside, our room looked exactly like the pictures on the website (seems silly to mention, but we've stayed in some doozies.) Everything was clean and smelled fresh. We would definitely stay again, and in fact, my husband has already booked a night with the kids the next time I go out of town!

Room Tip: The courtyard side is beautiful and quiet.
2  Thank heapsofsmiles
There are newer reviews for Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort

Reviewed June 27, 2011

I have stayed at Plaza Beach for a week or so almost every summer in the past two decades. My latest stay was in June 2011, and I was shocked that the week passed so quickly. I reserved early to get one of my two favorite rooms -- second (top) floor, with balconies that directly overlook the pool and beach. The accommodations are simple, comfortable, and quiet. One can cook in or barbecue on the premises -- not my bag except for breakfast and light meals -- or order in or dine out in one of the numerous interesting restaurants in the area. Swimming in the Gulf can seem pretty tame for New Englanders or West Coast folks, but I enjoy daily walks on the never-too-crowded 3(?) miles of beach. Saint Petersburg offers two fine art museums, plenty of movie houses, and occasional live entertainments (plays, concerts). My favorite destinations are the Dali Museum (in its new building) and the even newer permanent (?) display of a selection of Dale Chihuly's wonderful art-in-glass. I should also mention one of the world's truly great remainder bookstores, Haslam's.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Gerhardt52
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We had a great stay at the Plaza Beach Hotel @ St. Pete Beach!

I am a bit picky when it comes to cleanliness (floors, beds, bathrooms & towels) and this hotel certainly met & exceeded my standards!

The room was quiet, the pool was clean & refreshing and the extra seating/tables under the grass umbrella's was a nice way to close out our evening with friends who stayed at this hotel as well as a couple other nice guests we met during our stay.

The beach access was perfect! Its a great area with activities near (para sailing, jet ski rentals, beach chairs) without feeling like you were in the rat race of some other beaches!!! My kids also enjoyed the putt putt, shuffle board & corn hole activites at the hotel!

Thank you for a wonderful stay & we will not only be back but we will certainly recommend your hotel to our friends & family!

2  Thank KathyDillon
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at Plaza Beach Hotel. I would recommend the hotel to anyone that wants to stay on the beach. The staff was very courteous and friendly and very helpful with anything that you might need. It was nice not to have to travel by car to get to the beach or a pool because both are right there. i look forward to when I can make another trip to Florida and when I do I plan on staying at the Plaza Beach Hotel again.

2  Thank gggirl57
Reviewed June 22, 2011

What a great place to stay - the rooms were clean - the location was perfect - you could walk to everything you need - the pool was clean and in the perfect location with the view of the gulf. The room was comfortable and quite. The bathroom is a bit small but management has installed numerorus shelves for storage which proved to be more than enough after we settled in. The room is very open - no seperate bedroom - but we did not mind that.

Room Tip: We liked the courtyard side.
2  Thank Irislady
Reviewed June 21, 2011

It is right on the beach. You leave your room already wearing your swim trunks, barefoot if you want, take 30 steps and you have white sand under your feet. Hotel is kids friendly, which was a"must" feature for me to have, I was taking my 11 year old to Florida, our second time. Kitchen in your room was another big plus - not just a microwave with a tiny refrigerator, but actual kitchen space with a dining table and cooking top. We only had to eat out once a day. Publix supermarket is across the street - we stocked the fridge with fresh produce and drinks on the very first day. Location is super - easy, convenient connection to highway 275 which would take you to Tampa and airport if you go North, and across the Skyway Bridge to Sarasota if you go South. We had a rental car and did fair amount of driving, but I also saw people coming to Plaza Beach by shuttle from the airport and spending their vacation without a car. Everything within walking distance. Though I would still recommend a car. For us the highlight were Fort de Soto, you can take a 4 hour ferry ride to Egmont Key Island, the best place to snorkel and a deep sea fishing trip. We never made it to Caladesi Island, they say it is another must see place. A couple of miles south of the hotel is Pass-A-Grill marina, fish from the dock, take 1/2 day fishing trip or just a boat ferry to Shell Island. Hubbard's marina is a couples of miles North of the hotel. Another Marina just behind Publix, walking distance from hotel, they offer sailing cruises and ferry to islands. Super location, friendly office staff, great place for regular people!

Room Tip: Try to get a room closer to the ocean
4  Thank VICTOR2011-06
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Our 9th year in a row again with family and friends and we hate to leave. Amazing weather and the hotel just keeps getting better. Thanks to the Czyszczon Family and Staff for putting in the long hours and dedication to provide the quality service and accomendations. Each year we come back to find upgrades to the property that make it a 5 star in it's own category. We meet new people each year and share stories and amazed on how much a small world it is. This year most of the people in the pool were from Pittsburg where our friends are from. It was a pleasant Happy Hour in the pool. Thanks again Robert for the Cornhole Boards and think the guests loved them. See you next year, same time,same room,and same great time at the Plaza Beach!

The Medeiros Famikly & Friends

Room Tip: Plan Ahead ! This hotel books early.....
1  Thank Paradise6-2011