“So Much Fun!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bongos Beachside Bistro

Bongos Beachside Bistro
Ranked #11 of 145 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bongos Beach Bar & Grill is located directly on the sandy beach behind the Grand Plaza Resort on St. Pete Beach. Enjoy live entertainment daily. Sip on your favorite tropical cocktail while you watch the beautiful sunset. Serving great appetizers, burgers, wings, sandwiches, salads and much more. Open daily 11:00 a.m. - 2:30 a.m. Free WiFi. Free sunset shooters daily. A BEACHY LITTLE PLACE WITH A CASUAL PACE!!
Saratoga Springs, New York
“So Much Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

We loved this place. We did not sit on the beach as we had our 1 year old with us and I was afraid all she would want to do was play in the sand and it would have been too distracting for her. We did not feel it was a bar scene like others had reviewed. There was live music going on and our waiter, Stephen, was great. If you are looking for something very casual with great food (I had a Panini and my husband had a Rueben) - eat here!

Visited March 2014

Sarasota, FL
“GREAT TIKI BAR!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

It was a busy busy Sunday afternoon, and we stopped here for live music, lunch, and libations. Upon ordering we were told that "the kitchen was running way behind and our food would take over an hour??!!" We were rather shocked at such a warning, figuring a popular beach bar would have adequate kitchen staff and service, but we were then told that the "beach bar shares a kitchen with the hotel restaurant." Well, at least we were given the "heads up" and decided to stay. When the food finally came, one of the appetizers was cold, sent back and delivered hot within a VERY short time, and worth the wait. The menu has a great selection of items.. and I'd recommend the flatbreads.. YUM! Just bring your patience for food delivery with you, and then sit back, enjoy the live music and BEAUTIFUL surroundings. The bar service (cocktail wise) was excellent!

• Visited February 2014
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Beautiful night on the beach.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I had a friend in from GA who has lived her before but had never been to Bongos, I decided to take her and my sister out for dinner on the beach and suggested this place being it's right on the beach LITERALLY and was a beautiful setting. Our server was excellent and the drinks and food were served in a timely manner. We went a little later to avoid and crowds, around 8:30 in the evening. The sun had just gone down, tiki torches were lit along with lanterns on the tables... Just beautiful with a nice breeze. The food was SUPERB! I HIGHLY SUGGEST BONGOS for a nice night out whether it be taking guests or just a nice evening out at the beach.

Islamorada, Florida
“Great Beach Bar.....but....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Went here with a group of friends for drinks, dinner and sunset. My friends had been here many times and raved about it. Even though it was the height of spring break and a Saturday night, we were able to get a table and our server, Austin, was great. The place was packed, but he was unfailingly helpful, gave us great suggestions, and acted like we were his only table. A difficult feat when a server is slammed, but he carried it off beautifully. The food suggestions he gave us were right on the mark, my particular favorite was the flatbread apps. I had one, and it was so good that I ordered another one latter. Unfortunately for us he had to go off shift to work another area, but he gave us the choice of either cashing out or continuing our tab. We chose to cash out, even though we were going to order more food and drinks because we wanted him to know how much we enjoyed his service. Wish I could give the same accolades to the server who took his place. She had an attitude from the very beginning that was totally unacceptable. We ordered two more rounds of drinks and dinner, so it wasn’t as if we were just taking up her table. Despite repeated disparaging remarks to any request we made, we were still having a great time. Unfortunately after about the fifth rude remark, we had had enough and decided to leave and asked for the check. On my way to the restroom I saw the manager at the desk, and even though I usually never complain, I felt I had to tell her about the poor treatment we had gotten. Claudia, the manager was a complete professional, and handled it beautifully. She immediately offered to change our server, apologized and gave us recompense on our bill. She certainly salvaged a horrible situation and did it with grace. I have been in the hospitality business for many years and she is a gem. My girlfriends and I will be back, we are locals, and we look forward to having Austin as a server again.

1 Thank Elizabethkeys
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Bongos is so relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

We visit many beach bars and places to have good meals.. We are locals...We find bongos a nice relaxing place to go to unwind after a long day at work. We also go there when I get time off from work. The staff is very friendly. If I were vacationing I would diffently stop by Bongos on the beach and enjoy...