“Another great 3 days!”

Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Michigan
“Another great 3 days!”
Reviewed September 19, 2007

We travel alot and and love the plaza. Most everyone else rolls up the sidewalks pretty early but if you folks don't have it, your staff will help us to find it. I've already booked a week in October for a wedding and hope to bring some friends along too. I'm not real chatty so I'd say more or check the contact me box if I was. Just look for the extra large happy irishman with the pretty wife from 10/17 to 10/23. Will either be talking to Pete the upstairs bartender or listening to the band at bahama mamas. See you then.

• Liked — Location and veiw
  • Disliked — Nothing comes to mind on this trip.
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (803)
Sturgis
Reviewed September 18, 2007

Nice hotel with great location and fantastic views of the Bay and the Gulf. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed mid-week and received a great rate, would definetly return.

Stayed September 2007
Florida
Reviewed September 15, 2007

My wife and I stayed for 3 days after I found the hotel on-line. Check in staff was very helpful and friendly. We got into the room and noticed one of the couch cushions was soaked. It had the distinct smell of beer. Anyways, half a bottle of Febreze and little Lysol later, the room (and smell) was better. We had a direct view of the Gulf and the view was amazing. We stayed during the week and the pool bar was a little loud sometimes. I imagine it gets more active on the weekends. The bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever had during a hotel stay. The free wireless internet worked well. The shower has lots of pressure but, other than that, the bathroom was nothing special. The towels were your normal thin, scratchy, hotel towels. There wasn't much space in the bathroom and the toilet had flushing issues. My wife and I will put up with a lot for a good view. So, we probably would stay here again if the rate was right.

• Liked — The view and the comfortable bed
  • Disliked — Cleanliness-most of the room was fine but they missed a couple major issues
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank BlueLine51
Allentown, PA
Reviewed September 14, 2007

My husband and I recently stayed in this hotel. We were very happy with our entire expierence. The room was very nice and had all the ammenties one would need. We had direct ocean front and our view was spectacular. There are alot of hotels stretching downa long line and this is by far the nicest. The landscaping is very nice. Our checkin was speedy and all of the staff was friendly. One day, a staff member came up to my husband and I and pointed out dolphins swimming in the ocean. We will definitely be staying here in the future!

• Liked — View
  • Disliked — Mixed drinks were too small
2 Thank jodi2523
Waterford, New York
Reviewed September 12, 2007

We had a wonderful stay at the Grand Plaza. We loved the room with it's tropical feel (plantation shutters and ceiling fan). The bed was super comfortable. We received a free upgrade from city view to ocean view on a holiday weekend! The staff was very accomodating at all times. The hotel and pool area was very clean. The bathroom was small, but who cares! I only wish the chairs at the pool were more comfortable. Also the chairs on the beach for rent (I don't think they were affilated with the hotel) the price was a little steep. The Tradewinds Resort provides similar chairs for thier guests in the price of the stay. The beach was beautiful and we plan on returning next year.

• Liked — Beach
  • Disliked — pool lounge chairs
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Colleen1957
nj
Reviewed September 6, 2007

I found this hotel on the internet so didn't really know what to expect however from when Icalled the hotel to make the reservations till the time we checked out it was a great exprience! the front desk staff was wonderful and the upgrade we got was unexpected will stay again whenever we travel to St. Pete

• Liked — the room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank maxnj
Illinois
Reviewed August 26, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Plaza for our honeymoon for an entire week in July. It was a great experience and we can't wait to go back. The hotel itself is of course not a 5-star resort, but very nicely kept and maintained. Our room was very clean with nice decor and the housekeeping service excellent. I can honestly say that I have never had such polite, attentive housekeeping ever before. The absolute best part of this hotel though is the location and AMAZING views! We stayed in a beachfront view room with a balcony overlooking the gulf. It was beautiful! We spent many days walking up and down the beach on St. Pete and both agreed that the beach in front of the Grand Plaza is the nicest around. They keep it very clean and groomed and the sand is as soft as can be. The rooftop restaurant is very good, as are all the other restaurants in the hotel. Of course though, as with many hotels, the food is pricey so I wouldn't plan on eating all your meals there. Everyone was courteous and polite, especially the bellman who helped us arrange some activities while we were there. (I would highly recommend the dolphin racer boat ride if you have never tried it). St. Pete is a great little getaway with tons to do, but not overcrowded as with many other Fl beach locations. We are already looking forward to celebrating our 1 yr. wedding anniversary there and will definately be coming back to the Grand Plaza Resort.

• Liked — Beautiful views
  • Disliked — Walking distance to nearby stores was a little tiring after a few days
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple