Straight to the point, I agree with other reviwers about door slamming and echo in corridors, americans are not quiet when they have had a few drinks, and want to share the conversation with all on that floor.
We found the hotel welcoming and very helpful, a bit disappointed that the only bar is either on the beach or at the very top of the hotel, a lounge bar would be nice.
Waiting staff were useless to be blunt about it, took 20 minutes to take our drinks order for dinner after having been sitted, and the food in the revolving restaurant is overpriced, especially the wines, with poor service. I would rate the service as the worst I experienced whilst in the states. Even Subway was more friendly and helpful.
The rooms are large and spacious, though with floor tiles they do get dirty and were never cleaned during our 5 day stay. the mirror ceiling in the bathroom is qwirky, but not noticeable unless in the bath.
When booking I would recommend a room on the sunset side of the building, reception informed me the sun rise side the sun does blast into the rooms, so no lie in possible, though it is away from the elevator, so a catch 22 situation, quiet but sun, or lie in but some noise.
The hotel does cater for a lot of weddings but they have there own floor in the hotel with bar and function room, so once in the hotel and married you don't see them too much except for a cigarette, as hotel is non smoking.
Pool good, a few more loungers would be good and some wind breakers, as when windy it does go straight across the pool front. Gym is a basic hotel gym, nothing out of the ordinary. Kids play room is a few arcade machines from a bye gone era.
Plenty of places to eat in the area, I would recommend Patricks 5 minute walk away for a romantic meal only has 25 seats so need to book a day in advance, not cheap but service and food fantastic, for the two of us with wine it cost approx $80, but I would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel is located directly on the beach and Gulf of Mexico. The Resort features a wide selection of luxurious guestrooms with furnished private balconies and all the best full service resort amenities for the leisure or business travelers. Featuring 4 Restaurants - Spinners Rooftop Revolving Bistro & Lounge, Level 11 Rooftop Lounge, Bongos Beach Bar & Grill, and the Palm Room Restaurant. 3 Lounges, Heated Swimming Pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel And Conference Center
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Hotel
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center St. Pete Beach, Florida