First off the BEST part of this hotel was the staff, very friendly and always willing to help, the little contact we had with them that is, we tried to stay out of the room as much as possible, we stayed in a room by the elevator, and the view from our "balcony" was nothing much to talk about, view was obstructed by a huge wall that was the roof of the restaurant on the first floor, there was construction equipment all over it, and we had construction workers at our window every morning, couldn't even keep the blinds opened, we got stuck in a handicap room with no tub, water came running out from the shower all over the bathroom floor, had to use the towels to clean it up, the toilet was customized for a handicap person, so it was very uncomfortable, HBO reception was crappy, picture was very distorted, furniture was outdated and could use a fresh touch, the room had a door attached to the next room, which made the other guests conversations and drunken laughter heard very clear at 2am, rooms were very damp and humid every time we walked into it, the maid kept turning our fan off , but the one good thing I can say about the room was that it was always very well cleaned each morning, and our toiletries were always replenished.
The Hotel itself is very old looking, construction was being done all over, the scenic elevator was out of order so we couldn't even take a ride up in it, the food in the hotel was over priced, the view from the spinners was beautiful, the bongo club was loud and a bunch of drunks, we are low key people, the breakfast buffet was great, good food and good variety, still think it should be free with the room though….Hotel is in a nice area, much better than treasure island which is about a 2 mile drive, area was much cleaner looking, more touristy friendly with a lot of restaurants to check out, recommend Crabby Bills for good seafood and drinks, also for Italian I recommend Buona Pizza Ristorante down the street walking distance from the hotel in the shopping center, reasonable prices and good food, Pool was so small for a hotel that size, one stroke and your on the other end of the pool, the views of the sunset were spectacular from the beach, I'm sure a room on the top floor would have been amazing.
I would not recommend this place, and I would never return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel is located directly on the beach and Gulf of Mexico. The Resort features a wide selection of luxurious guestrooms with furnished private balconies and all the best full service resort amenities for the leisure or business travelers. Featuring 4 Restaurants - Spinners Rooftop Revolving Bistro & Lounge, Level 11 Rooftop Lounge, Bongos Beach Bar & Grill, and the Palm Room Restaurant. 3 Lounges, Heated Swimming Pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel And Conference Center
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Hotel
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center St. Pete Beach, Florida