Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed in a beautiful suite on the ninth floor. The rooms were lovely! Ocean front veiws from each direction. There was a pull down Murphy bed in the living room, which was a surprise bonus we really enjoyed! Great views! Sunsets were beautiful with a romantic wedding below our balcony each night! We saw dolphins from our balcony too! Housekeeping was freindly and timely, The revolving restaurant upstairs was excellent. We ate their 3x with excellent service. The outdoor bar had really good waitstaff, Carrie was our waitress.she added the local flavor we were looking for. She knew about the nearby museums, shopping and great local restaurants..michelle at the front desk, guided our whole vacation at st Pete's beach! She made sure we had a good time every day! I would totally recommend this place for a vacation but more importantly a wedding! This is a beautiful romantic place to get married!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sueannp
There are newer reviews for Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Was expecting a nice room with a view. Was given an upgrade to the penthouse. 1 word.
WOW! The service (Mark & Michelle ) was the best. Would definitely do it again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dana B
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The place is very nice. Granted, it's not a five star hotel but it's got evertyhing you need and it has nice views, nice appliances, tv, and comfy beds. Steps away from the beach is great and we rented Jet Skis off this beach and it was awesome. The only this we did not like was the poo hours. They close the pool at 9pm which is lame but other than that is was very nice. We would come back again.

Room Tip: Any room is nice- I think they all have balcony which a great feature.
2  Thank Luis C
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed in Disney but wanted a chill out time at the Beach - Remembered the Hotel with its unique shape and style so booked a night away - Travelled down in the morning - Rooms weren`t ready but gave us beach towels straight away - whilst my other half went straight for the pool to sun bathe - me and the little one looked around the hotel - The revolving restaurant was fun and the views unbelievable - the hotel is old and the lifts low - but it has such character and the staff were so helpfull. I wanted to see the Redsox at the Trop and they were really helpfull with directions or providing discount taxi service - When we checked in - we were upgraded to a penthouse suit - Three large rooms - four poster bed - table chairs settees - and the largest TV I have ever seen - The mirrored ceiling in the bathroom was a bit weird but spotlessly clean and the views were unbelieveable - Had dinner in Bongos - very nice and well priced - Popular spot for weddings - there were two there that day - my famly enjoyed seeing the weddings luckily I had gone to the ball game by then - Got back at eleven - Little noisy with the wedding reception and guests in the other suits but not that bad - Morning - breakfast - $10 or 11 for a buffet - eat as much as you like - good food and reasonable choice - Walk along the white sandy beach after breakfast - beautiful relaxing spot - the sea is clean and warm - the sand white and raked in the morning - usual water sports and loungers on the beach - normal sort of prices - Staff very friendly - loads around cleaning or maintaining the hotel - Perfect couple of chill out days on the beach in the middle of the Disney experience at a fine hotel with such character and helpfull staff

Room Tip: Picked a room with a sea view but upgraded to penthouse suit
3  Thank Jacck
Reviewed May 27, 2012

The customer service was amazing, the beach was beautiful and the rooms were nice and clean. I would definitely stay again at this hotel.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cyndi C
Reviewed May 27, 2012

My teenager and I stayed at the Grand Plaza last year and really enjoyed our stay but thought this spring we would try the Tradewinds two doors down. Bad move! For a higher price we got a view of the parking lot, old brown carpet, overwhelming mold smell in the room and unfriendly staff.
We were forced to stay one loud night there but ran down the beach and talked to Dawn at Grand Plaza. She was sympathic to saving our vacation and treated us like family. Our room was decorated in light airy colors, tile flooring and every room comes with a balcony (a rarity in beach properties). If you have never stayed on Saint Pete Beach this is the place. You are not going to find a plush updated resort in the area. Properties are older. The customer service we encountered throughout the resort added to our trip. Everyone was very friendly and with two weddings going on we were still given priority in the parking lot and by housekeeping.
I also appreciated the sense of security and quiet at the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank siestamom
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My sister was getting married on Sunday so we decided to make it a weekend. I definitely have a couple of tips that I will put at the end. Overall the hotel was nice a above average but not perfect by any stretch. It is an older building so somethings just look old but you can also tell that they try to keep it up. We arrived late Friday and checked in. No problems at the desk and everything typical. Our room, I already had an idea of what to expect since touring it with my sister when she picked here to get married. It was tile flooring throughout which sucked because you constantly feel sand on your feet and it is hard to not get it in your bed BUT I completely understand why it is not carpet due to the sand. The bathroom was tiny! Only one person can be in there at a time. It was nothing exciting to write home about. If I were just rating the bathroom they would get a poor but I'm not :) The room it self was a good size and the view was amazing. I LOVED the Murphey bed . . . it was amazing. Perfect for the kido's. It was put up every morning and we had the whole room again . . .loved it! The balcony was nice with chairs and table to sit outside and listen to the breeze and the ocean of course while the kids are sleeping. The beds were comfy and the TV, fridge and safe were also used:) We never used the coffee maker or micorwave but they were there.
Day 2: We had rehearsal early afteroon but before that we got to watch 2 weddings just sitting at Bongo's. They were beautiful! It was so much fun to watch them. The rehearsal was great and the Wedding Coordinator was amazing. She was very helpful and accomodating. She made sure the bride was happy. We ate a Bongo's for appetizers and they were yummy. Service was a little slow but the food and drinks were good.
Day 3: The big day! The wedding went off without a hitch. It was perfectly amazing. Katie the wedding coordinator and her assistant had everything in order and made sure everyone was where they needed to be before the wedding and after. The PResidential Ballroom was absolutely gorgeous! The views were from a postcard or a beautiful painting! The staff at the bar and servers were helpful and friendly.

Overall, this hotel was not the best hotel I have been to but it certainly wasnt the worst. I am a hotel snob so I am a little harder than the average bear. To me the price was a high for the room and hotel's shape but I believe due to the their location and ambiance they get by with it. I will more than likely not be coming back due to the high price. There are other hotels with the same accomodations and views but not as high of prices.

Room Tip: Tip 1: If there is a wedding happening or about to happen you aren't getting a frozen drink at...
2  Thank Tinkerbell1391