Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Awesome resort”
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed at the resort with a lot of family and friends for our daughter's wedding and reception. The resort is extremely clean and well kept. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The gulf view from our balcony was incredible. The wedding ceremony on the beach was beautiful. The food at the reception was very good also. The prime rib was one of the best we ever had.

Room Tip: gulf view rooms have an awesome view of the gulf
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (803)
Citrus Springs, FL
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Over 25 years ago I first stayed at St Pete beach and had a wonderful time , Ive never forgotten it ,so I wanted to share the experience with my son for his 14th birthday and take him to St pete beach. After alot of back and forth in decison making as to where to stay I chose the Grandplaza it looked beautiful, offered a nice upgrade and had no resort or parking fees. I made a great choice upon arrival not only did we get an upgrade but an upgrade to the Penthouse suite! it was beautiful the view was amazing, the bed so comfortable everything was perfect. The staff was wonderful pool area was nice. It was centrally located to everything. I plan on making a return trip again hopefully soon!

Room Tip: We booked online thru Travelocity
1 Thank eponko
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I was disappointed to say the least when we got there and I was shown my room. It was small, a horrible view of a roof, the safe was under a nightable! The hallways do not have A/C - no "on demand" TV, you have to rent the movies from them. This hotel was obviously in the 60's luxirious, but now, is just a facade - I must say the staff was very nice and they really try to keep it up - is very clean and the revolving restaurant was great, the food and the service. I almost left, but when I complaint to the reception, they upgraded us to an ocean front just above the pool for no extra cost, and we did stay and enjoyed our time there. However, I would not go back nor I would recommend this hotel if you are are looking for modern and a bit of luxury.

Room Tip: The only room would be the ocean front.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank perezlago
Okinawa, Japan
Reviewed June 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed there for close to a 2 week stay as well as lots of family in preps for our beachside wedding. It was close to everything and they accomodated us well with their 3 on-site restaurants, we never had to leave. Great and right on the beach with loads of things to do!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2011

What can I say?? From the moment we got there we treated excellent. We walked into this hotel with no where to stay. The hotel we had booked never had the room to accommodate us. So we were left after a 7 hour drive to go looking for somewhere to stay
We checked several hotels and either it was booked up or to expensive for our budget. We seen this hotel and decided to see what they had. When we arrived we met out angel. Her name was Michelle. We explained the situation and told her we were desperate. She showed us a few rooms and gave us the prices and we immediately said book us in.
We opted to go with a room with a King bed and murphy bed. The next day we went back to see her and wanted to upgrade to a room with 2 beds. She said she didnt have anything only one room. So she took us up and to our shock it was the penthouse. We got upgraded!!!!
We spent one week in a penthouse suite with 2 king beds for 4 women. It was an experience we will never forget.
I would Like to mention another guy. I think his name is Jason. He worked on the front desk also. He accomodated us for the last 4 days we were there. We will never forget what he done for us.
We also met one other that I will mention. Her name was Sylvia. To make a long story short. We are from newfoudland. What a small world to find out she also is a Newfie and worked with my mother for 14 years. What a small world (our mom says hi!!).
I would also point out bongo burgers. If u like quick food. Eat here!! It is great food for great prices. You will love the staff. Very friendly.
Overall. Great hotel. Very clean. Awesome staff. Can't wait to go back again.
Cya soon. Thanks for making our holiday wondeful.

• Stayed June 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Now I like a wedding, but when I book a weekend break for my family (wife, son, parents) I do not want 10 weddings over the three days in such a small location. That is no exaggeration. Since booking in on Friday there have been 7 weddings and there are 3 today (Sun) and we have decided to leave early.

There is not the space for the weddings and the staff are running a conveyor belt system getting them in and out. The weddings are the main priority and any other guests needs play second fiddle to the needs of wedding guests - most of whom are not even staying at the hotel!

On arrival my room was not ready, although I was early I agree. A lady behind me who announced that she was attending a wedding later that evening received her room well before me which kind of set the tone for the stay.

I waited 15 minutes for the elavator whilst the bride waited inside with her entourage so no one would see her. My son was in his pushchair and we were hot and bothered wanting to get to our rooms, but no one gave a damn. In the end another annoyed guest got in the lift and said the bride would have to go with her to her floor because she was waiting no longer! The mother of bride then turned the air blue and all hell broke loose!

With the weddings, you cannot get near the pool area, you end up paying $20 for a cabana. Everyone has to be quiet on order from the management for the duration of the wedding (which is situated right next to the pool and bar!) and the ramps to and from the beach are chained off for the same period leaving me dragging a pushchair up and down steps.

The wedding guests partied well into the night and the odd "knock and run" on our door in the early hours really topped it off!

Saturday afternoon was a blast as well, with local students and hoodlums carrying ice boxes down the beach to the pool, whooping and hollering as they bombed in the pool and high fiving. They were not guests but no one cared. It was like an Ice-T video!

Would stay at the Tradewinds next time!

Hotel should warn guests that this is primarily a wedding venue. If you are having your wedding here or attending one, you will love it!

3 Thank robertoV05
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2011

This mini vacation was one of the best that we have taken. Claudia at front desk checked us in quickly and efficiently, and informed us that we had been upgraded to a better room and the room and view was simply AMAZING!
Get a room with a full view you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple