“A Fantastic Stay!”
One of the many beautiful sunrises over the bay
Pool area Sunrise front of building
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Pool area
Sunrise front of building
Tradewinds instructor showing how it is done
Pool view at night
Always beautiful views, even at night
Kitchen area
Living room
Master bedroom
Master bathroom
2nd bedroom
Manatee in our bay
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Maryland
“A Fantastic Stay!”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

We were booked at a hotel on the beach and I started getting bad vibes about the property. We were traveling with our two daughters and our 10 month old grandson and I was starting to feel like the hotel was going to be party central... not what we were looking for this trip. So a week before our departure I started looking for vacation rentals, and wasn't holding out much hope at such a late date. The Sunrise popped up and I sent a request. Couldn't believe it was available!

The condo (#205) is a two bedroom with a pool & intercostal view. The condo is nicely decorated and in good repair, the bedrooms and bathrooms were good sized and the living space was more than adequate for our needs. The kitchen came fully stocked with all we could need we added food and drink and we were set (the grocery store is right down the street). It's centrally located on the beach and most importantly very clean! Our reservation came with the use of some of the amenities at the Trade Winds resort accross the street including their many pools and beach cabanas. The staff was extremely helpful, professional and nice and the people staying were mostly families and couples and all we talked with were friendly many were repeat resort guests.

The property itself was kept nicely. The pool is a little small feeling when there are a bunch of people in it. I do wish more guests paid attention to the pool hours, as we did have a couple of nights when it was difficult getting to sleep late at night with kids swimming and screaming and their parents "hanging out"... but all in all the pool itself is clean and well maintained and the deck, furnitue and the hot tub are in good repair and comfortable. There are even a couple of gas grills in the pool area for guest's use which was a nice advantage.

We paid the same amount of money as we would have for the hotel suite.. this is by far the better choice! It was a fantastic experiance, my family had a blast and already wants to plan our next trip there. I can't believe how lucky we were to have found this place. This was the best decision we made and we will be back for sure!

Traveling group: Extended Family
Rapid City, South Dakota
“relaxing get away!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

When I checked in, the office staff didn't really offer any information about the grounds, but did answer questions if I specifically asked about something. I think It would have been nice to have been told the wifi password and where the shuffleboard equipment was kept in advance. By the time we thought to ask about these things the office was closed. We stayed in unit 405. I wouldn't describe it as "luxurious", but It was remodeled, clean, and had all the basic comforts for me and my two teenage boys. We loved the balcony overlooking the pool and bay. I even spotted a manatee one evening! The pool was nice and other than the fourth of July weekend is wasn't overly crowded. I was always able to find a pool chair to sit in. There was some traffic noise from the street side of the condo, but I think you would have this anywhere you stayed in St. Pete. It was a very quick walk to the beach (Just across the street and then through the tradewinds parking lot), we were able to use the beach cabanas at the Tradewinds even during the holiday weekend. There were adequate towels for the beach and pool and the washer and dryer came in very handy. (I overpacked - a couple of pairs of shorts and t-shirts plus a bathing suit was about all I used). The grocery store is too far to walk with more than a couple of bags of groceries. I tried to use free beach rides, but I waited 40 mins and then was told I should just call a cab. The person on the phone was not courteous. Bats Taxi cost under $5.00 to bring me back to the sunrise. They were there in a matter of minutes and the driver was very helpful and helped load my groceries. I did not try to take the trolley (which is really just a city bus) because the schedule did not seem conducive to the things we wanted to do. I ended up renting a car for 2 days so that we could check out some of the other beaches and see the florida aquarium in Tampa (we loved it! especially feeding the sting rays!). Dollar rent a car was only $30/day with a AAA discount. Most of the restauraunts we went to were very good but a little pricey. Crabby Bills was our favorite for seafood. I do not recommend the poolside restaurant at the Trade Winds. The service was extremely slow, the food was way overpriced, the portions very small, and the food was not good. I'm glad I decided to rent a condo with a kitchen instead of a hotel. We saved a lot of money eating some of our meals in. We used the grills by the pool a couple of times. We did find a soft cooler in the closet so we could pack some sandwiches and drinks to the beach, but it was pretty beat up and the lining was cracked. It leaked everywhere. I'd suggest bringing your own. FYI - if you are wanting to rent wave runners (they are a blast!) drive 7 miles to Johns pass. The cost was only $70 for an hour while at St. Pete beach they were $60 for a half hour. There was great shopping there too!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The pool and balcony
Liked least: The elevator was really hot
Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway
Duc L
Lynnwood, Washington
“Beautiful condo that is only a few steps from paradise.”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

After looking at dozens of vacation rentals from Clearwater Beach to St Pete Beach, we decided on SunRise resort based on great reviews. We were not disappointed. The booking process was quick, keys were there when we arrived (after 5PM) and the staff was on site during normal hours.
Our unit is 503, with covered parking space, on the fifth floor. It is absolutely beautiful and clean. It has a separate bedroom with two twins for my two young boys, and a king in the master, great for us and our 1-yr old daughter. The view is spectacular, although if you want to see the sunset you would have to walk across the street to TradeWinds to see it.
Speaking of TradeWinds, we used its facility often. We got a cabana each day, the boys got to play in their pools and purchased tickets for their numerous games and activities.
The balcony's rails space is a bit wide. We measured, and I don't think it's big enough that a baby can fall thru, but we are always there when our 1-yr baby is out.

We saw manatees in the lagoon, stingrays in the ocean and had a blast. It is also close to Publix and many restaurants.
This is a gem and we would pick this same place again if we come back.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Clean and beautiful condo with two bedrooms and two baths.
Liked least: Condo is on the smaller side
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Peter M
Washington, DC
“Great location, value, and amenities”
Reviewed April 29, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

This place was tremendous. For less than the price of a standard hotel room we had a nice two bedroom condo overlooking a pool and waterway. It was quiet, clean and all the amenities of home. I would definitely stay here again.

KerrandJu...
Northern Ireland
“Excellent apartment and location”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

After a week in Orlando this was perfect. Superb location and great condo 607 beside some good bars and hotels. Went fishing off the pier at the back where manatees swam about every night. Went on jet skis and enjoyed the perfect beach right across the street. We saw dolphins, manatees and rays swimming beside us but no sharks lol.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Condo quality and location
Liked least: Nothing. One of my favourites now.
Traveling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
MNdaydrea...
Minnesota
“Just what we needed!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

I traveled with my Husband and our three boys ages 17, 11, and 9. We just completed a four day trip at Disney World and were looking for a time to unwind. I did a ton of research on condos as well as hotel/resorts in St. Pete Beach, Clearwater, etc... I finally became overwhelmed and decided this looked like a great place to land. I am so happy that I did. The condo was "cozy" for five but provided everything we could possibly want. A closet full of beach supplies, every appliance and utensil, great updated kitchen and the easiest check in and check out I have ever experienced. We had access to Tradewinds Resort across the street which the two younger boys loved. The 17 year old was happy to have free WiFi. We saw Manatees in the bay and dolphins everyday in the Gulf around 4 p.m. some came as close as 20 feet from us. We stayed in for most meals as we were tired of eating out, however our last night decided to go to Bongo's down the beach and so glad we did. Had so much fun eating on the beach and dancing to live music. I will be posting a review of Bongo's as well.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: cupboard space was limited for food items
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
jscaglion...
Leesville, South Carolina
“Wonderful Stay!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

I spent a week at this condo with friends, and we had a wonderful time! The unit (#308) was clean and comfortable, and it appeared to have been recently renovated. The rooms were cozy, and the balcony gave a lovely view of the bay. The location is perfect - right across the street from the ocean with easy beach access! It is also centrally located along the main road and is close to lots of great restaurants and stores. The condo sits up against the bay and has a dock that is perfect for watching manatees and other wildlife.The pool and hot tub area has plenty of tables and chairs as well as a covered pavilion with two gas grills. The management was extremely helpful and was available to answer questions whenever we needed. We will definitely consider staying here next time we visit St Pete Beach!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location!
Liked least: Nothing!
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing