“Hanging Out at The Clam”
Review of Drunken Clam

Drunken Clam
Ranked #75 of 148 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 2, 2011

As a St. Pete Beach local, there are plenty of convenient bars to hang out at. I usually find myself at the Drunken Clam. Dingy? Yes. Smokey? Yes. Loud? Occassionally. But always entertaining. From the bartop video games to the pinball machine to the many hi-def TV's to the blaring jukebox, and the conspiring locals, this is what a bar is supposed to be. Great bartenders, too! And outstanding wings (the chicken tenders are worthwhile, too).

Reviewed November 23, 2011

This is a quirky yet comfortable little beach dive in which to have a few beers, eat some wings, clam chowder, or fried clam strips, and hear some live bands in the evening. I was just there for lunch two days in a row. The food was fine as bar food. The chef/waitress was attentive and just friendly enough to assure me I was not in a plastic chain joint. The T-shirts are amusing, if politically incorrect: "The Liver is Evil; It Must Be Punished!" There is a sign over the indoor bar (I sat out on the porch) saying, "Warning! This is a Smoking Bar." I guess Florida does not have anti-smoking ordinances. Anyway, it was a good place to hang out and have a snack. IN the evenings I get the impression it is a raving sports bar, if that's your thing. I would definitely go back for lunch. It made me feel like I was on vacation.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Cute little bar we had a few drinks at on St Paddy's day. Good times!

Reviewed October 18, 2011

The bar itself is very cute, laid back beach feel. The bartenders were pretty rude making us wait quite a while to place an order. You could tell they knew most of us were from out of town, a few people in our party were FL natives. The band playing that night was great, but I wouldn't really return again. You want to feel comfortable when you are out not like a stranger!

Reviewed October 2, 2011

It as become more expensive (as compared to other bars) and not as easy-going as it used to be. Also (as tourists) we were made well aware of the fact that we paid more than local people. We have been using the place for over 20 years, and this year gave up.