“Poor Service and Over-Priced”

Guy's Gulfside Grill
Ranked #35 of 145 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Just steps from the sand, Guy's Gulfside Grill at Guy Harvey Outpost offers a relaxed setting with plenty of outdoor seating around the pool. With plenty of quick bites, including fresh salads and sandwiches, Guy's Gulfside Grill lets you refuel quickly so you can get back to your beach activities. Or if you prefer, kick back and enjoy the view while you enjoy a leisurely lunch. On the rare occasion that the weather doesn’t permit outdoor dining, Guy's Gulfside Grill does offer a small indoor area, as well.
“Poor Service and Over-Priced”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

On a recent trip to St Pete Beach we stayed at the Guy Harvey Outpost. Most days we went off campus to eat but one morning we had breakfast at Guy's Gulfside Grill. They got two of our 4 orders wrong and continually had to be reminded to get refills on drinks. In addition it costs about $20 more for breakfast than one of the local breakfast spots.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank vabate3

Bradenton, Florida
“the grouper tacos are excellent”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

One of the few places you can feel safe your are actually eating grouper. My husband had Mahi Mahi that also was cooked to perfection. To top off the meal, I ordered a Pina Colada that had me feeling I was back In my favorite spot in Puerto Rico. All of this and I was only 30 minutes away from my home.You can't beat the experience!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank therayskickbutt
Huddersfield
“Guy's Gulfside Grill”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had about three meals here over the three weeks, but found the service a little brusque. On one occasion, we were asked to fill in our credit card bill and write the tip down before we had even eaten! The food was perfectly pleasant, as that sort of food goes, though much of it seemed to be fried rather than grilled. One downside was that the lovely sunny terrace led straight on to the pool terrace at the back and, as we were very keen to eat outside in the sun, we were forced to have our meal served to us in styrofoam boxes, which rather detracted from the classy 'Eggs Florentine' breakfast. A solution, surely, would be to have some sort of divider between the eating terrace and the pool area - I'm sure even a low wall would suffice. One lunchtime soup I had on another occasion, a seafood chowder, was rather unpleasantly gritty, and nothing like the clam chowder we had enjoyed at another establishment. I noticed in passing that the kitchen was very small, so perhaps they were attempting too much in too limited a space.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Viv947
Ray, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Small but good food.”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

They have great specials. Service was very fast for Spring Break crowds. We had the Blackened Mahi Mahi it was very well prepared. They also have good menu choice for children. We ate their for lunch and dinner on several occasions.

Visited March 2013
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Good”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The view from the patio was amazing although I found the service to be slow and the food was overpriced.

Visited March 2013