“Surprisingly good sushi and great service at a little hole in the wall”
Review of Nori Thai & Sushi

Nori Thai & Sushi
Ranked #75 of 147 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: This restaurant is a local phenom. It has been voted best in it's category for years. You shouldn't have any problem verifying its authenticity. Looking forward to being able to offer a review, as it's a favourite of ours! Thanks.
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Surprisingly good sushi and great service at a little hole in the wall”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I found this place on TripAdvisor when looking for a sushi restaurant while on a trip to St. Petersburg Beach with my 9-year-old son. He and I both like sushi (and I've had some great sushi all over the country), so we sought out a place to satisfy our craving.

Admittedly my expectations were low--the place looks a bit "homey" and I wasn't expecting much from a place in St. Pete. This place surprised me! The service was personable and friendly, but not hovering. The best part about the service was the recommendations. The server could see that my son and I were only ordering sushi and she recommended something that wasn't on the menu--I think she called it the "Mama Roll." OMG it was fabulous!! Reminded me of a sushi specialty I used to get at the California Grill in Disney World--but that was about three times as expensive.

The other sushi and rolls were yummy and my son and I totally enjoyed our trip here. I will definitely go back the next time I'm in St. Pete, and will totally order the Mama Roll again and again! Excellent!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sarahste

Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Better than expected”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I read the reviews and then decided to visit. I like Thia - no Sushi. When giving a review you must compare to another - Jaiya # 1 NYC / the food is excellent great flavor and the seasoning is truly authentic. This is family owned and run - service is great. Price was great.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank WendellC
“Whow !”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The staff was very helpful and friendly. Depending on which food you ordered Japenese or Thai you wil not be disappointed! My friend ordered the Shrimp tempura and when the dish came her eyes opened very wide. The shrimp was coated in a light airy coating and vegetables that accompanied where fresh and delish. I ordered a sashimi bowl with all fresh fish and sticky rice!
Once you come you'll want to come again.

Visited May 2013
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Hidden treasure”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This place was a great find. Sushi was awesome, Pad Thai just as good. The service was wonderful and our waitress was so nice. Would go back in a heartbeat.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank TerriP3
Calgary
“Ok not great”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We just got back from our vacation to St Pete's, we tried out this restaurant as I thought it would be great to have thai and sushi.

The food was good but I would not say great but of course, I do try to check out a lot of Thai and Sushi restaurants as my wife and I enjoy both.

As a few have posted before, the décor is abit dated, but nice. The people work there are very friendly people, a couple were not that great with English, so when we had questions about specific of the menu, they could not answer them. Even the ones that spoke English well, we asked about what was included in some sushi dished and they answered but when the food arrived, it was different from what they told us.

The thing that we did not like about the restaurant was more so the service. Everyone was very nice and always checking up on us, but when the food arrived, we found a few of the sushi rolls/dishes to be subpar, so the server observed us looking at the rolls and we had noticed they did not have all of the ingredients in them, so she came over and told us that when making sushi, some of the ingredients (in our case avocado) gets "squished" together and you can't see it. As big sushi eaters, this was the first we had seen from it to the point where almost no avocado was present. She shrugged us off and did not even offer to replace the rolls with new ones so we could get what we had actually ordered. I thought this was abit poor, nice of them to come check on us, but if they are not going to follow up and help us with our dissatisfaction, why bother coming to ask us? This was one example, we had a couple more similar examples with a couple of other dishes. The dishes were not cheap, we felt they were above average in pricing, so paying good money, we expected the dishes to be up to par.

Anyway, overall, very nice and friendly people, parking can be abit of tougher as there is a bar/nightclub next to it, the food was good, but the service and level of response to your concerns was the biggest disappointment.

• Visited March 2013