“Great Pizza”

Buona Pizza
Ranked #18 of 149 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A cozy, family owned and operated, Italian restaurant located on beautiful St. Pete Beach, FL. The homemade from scratch Italian favorites are the main reason people become our customers for life. We strive to exceed customers' expectations by offering the best service possible and great value. One of our two outdoor patios, a hidden gem that faces a small marina on the intracoastal Boca Ciega Bay, is another asset of "Buona Italian Restaurant" for those who want to sit across from the water and enjoy some great food and a bottle of wine. The new owners Diane and Marco, as well as the lifelong and very well known on the island Chef German, are always involved in the daily operations and they are never too far to listen to your wants, your needs or your suggestions. Please stop by and ask for any of us, and introduce yourself. We'd love to meet you. The Buona Restaurant Family
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Great spot for pizza. Staff very accommodating and friendly. Outdoor dining for those who chose to sit outside.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Located in the plaza on Gulf Blvd,close to Dolphin Landing and Publix. Lunch special a slice of pizza or pasta with salad. Patio right in the plaza parking lot.Average.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We were staying across the street and during our daily walk we stumbled across Buona Pizza in a little strip mall. We had an 18 inch deluxe w/extra cheese $21.00 and the pizza was outstanding. give this place a try unless you like chain pizza places.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This pizza was not good at all! The crust was soggy,the sauce tasteless,practically meatless.I've had better frozen pizzas by far.I know next time we are in the area we will search for something better or go hungry.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I'm a local that has been eating the Buona Pizza for many years.

Bread is the worse I have ever tasted. Insult to Philly Cheese Steak. Why would you try and bake pizza Dough to make hoagie rolls? Amoroso Hoagie Rolls are available...

The counter people are rude. Showed up at exactly closing time. As I walked in the door, both counter people started saying "Closed" and were waiving their handsome front of their necks... As a sign of "done or cut off"

My wife and I were with two other couples... The thought the staff were "unprofessional and not customer friendly"

As for the food... Pizza is ok.

Everything else has gone down hill since the new owners took over... Maybe their focus is "Dollars" and not food quality and service ....

There is also now a choice...
Shapardos Italian Restuarant
Corner of 46th and Gulf Blvd.
St Pete Beach...

Service is good and the food is amazing.., and the owner goes out of his way.

The same night I was turned away from Buona's Pizza, Shapardos completed our order without issues and delivered to our door... The owner said "no problem, ovens are still warm... I'll make you order and deliver"

Shapardos is the place for best tasting Italian food and service...

Don't take my word.. Try it!

St. Pete Beach Resident