“First SUP Experience”

Water Monkey Stand Up Paddle Boarding
More attraction details
Owner description: Water Monkey provides professional services for everything related to stand up paddle boarding. Join us for a stand up paddle board lesson, rental or tour. At Water Monkey, we advocate a lifestyle dedicated to doing what you love, and loving what you do...both in and out of the water. Water Monkey is easy to get to no matter where you are coming from in the Tampa/St. Pete area! We schedule all of our stand up paddle lessons 7-days a week according to availability. All of our lessons and rentals are completed in the St. Pete Beach area. Water Monkey is fully mobile stand up paddle board company. We do not have a physical shop. We do our Intro lessons, Nature Tours and Rentals at at our Fort De Soto Park location. Our location is before entering the park and is 10 minutes from St. Pete Beach and St. Petersburg. Upon booking, we send you the directions and Google Maps to our location. We proudly serve clients from Tampa, St. Petersburg, St. Pete Beach and Clearwater areas. If you would like SUP rentals delivered to your home, hotel or the beach, we are happy to accommodate! Stand up paddle lessons and rentals are scheduled by appointment only.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“First SUP Experience”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I had Bruce and Chase for my lesson and they were awesome. There were only two people for the lesson, all complete strangers. But within minutes it was like being out on the water with friends. Great location for beginners, with plenty to see, and great conversation. The instructors put you completely at ease and made the experience relaxed and enjoyable.

I worked mostly with Sarah to set up my lesson via email. All responses were quick and professional. She let me know that the weather was not ideal for the day I had chosen and worked out another day to ensure my experience was great.

I would highly recommend Water Monkey! Great staff, great service and a fun way to spend the afternoon!

Visited May 2013

Waseca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent teacher!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have been wanting to try SUP for quite some time. I have to admit, I am not very athletic and am a bit overweight, so I was intimidated to try...Dennis coached me through my fear ( of falling off and not being able to get back on) and, with his guidance, I successfully stood up on the board...fell off...and YES!!! Got back on!!!!

Dennis was very helpful, very patient, and provided great encouragement when I thought I couldn't continue. If you are a first timer, and are unsure you want to spend a little extra for a lesson....do yourself a favor and do it!!!! The lesson is WELL worth it!!!

Make sure you call for an appointment if you are interested in renting midweek (which we did). We thought we could just show up and they had an office or store there, but they do not so an appointment is necessary.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Walleyes99
medford
“GREAT SUP LESSON”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had Dennis as a teacher and it was perfect for new paddleboarders. He explained everything extremely well and told us all about different techniques. He was very patient and helped us when we were frustrated. The bay was a great place to start because it was very calm and helped us get our skills down. Dennis was very helpful and very nice and we would definitely recommend this to all new (and experienced) paddelboarders!

Visited August 2012
Lakeland, Florida, United States
“This SUP lesson was great!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We had Sarah for our lesson and she did an awesome job! There were 4 of us and she managed to get us all out on the water and standing up in just a few minutes. It was really a nice day and the paddle boarding was great fun! I will be visiting this location again!

Visited July 2012
WPB
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Instruction & knows the best local spots to SUP!”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

First of all let me say that I am not the most coordinated nor athletically inclined 30 something. I made contact via their website ( which is very well layed out) and was promptly contacted with all the info needed. My first class I was greeted by Dennis who really took the time to explain and show me just about everything that I would need to know once we hit the water. It was loads easier than I thought it was going to be and happy to report that two sessions later I'd not fallen into the water ever! He answered all of my questions and took me to separate locations on each excursion. Great Time! Great Instruction and lots of fun burning off calories while taking in some great views!

Visited July 2012