“Pretty good BBQ, but still not the best”
Review of PCI Bar & Grill - CLOSED

PCI Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 63rd Avenue
Description: Florribean style cuisine, where fresh Florida product and Caribbean flavors come together! True to its name, the Boathouse Kitchen & Bar is decked out in nautical fashion with intricate boathouse details paying homage to its beautiful beach location. It's a perfect laid back location to start or end any great adventure on the beach. Boathouse Kitchen & Bar is open every day for breakfast, lunch, dinner, cocktails, and large parties.
Rochester, New York
2,004 restaurant reviews
“Pretty good BBQ, but still not the best”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The PCI (Post Card Inn) Bar & Grill in St. Pete is a pretty nice place to have lunch, although I would not agree that it lives up to its billing as "the best BBQ on the beach." (Actually, since I don't know the other BBQ places down there, I don't know if it does!) It is a very large establishment with multiple rooms, all which can seat many people, so you probably won't have a hard time getting seated. However, good luck getting a parking space, as those are VERY limited out front, leaving potential customers to circle the small lot endlessly waiting for someone else to pull out.

Inside, the dining room serves up some adequate BBQ dishes; I had pulled chicken with onion, cheese and sauce on a hard roll. Overall, I though it was a bit middle of the road, as was the cole slaw. Not fantastic, not bad. They only have one kind of BBQ sauce on the table, which I found to be a bit too sweet/sour, instead of adding any real BBQ flavor.

This place is also inexpensive; about $11.00/person, which is the only reason why I gave it a '4' instead of a '3'. I would come back here if others wanted to come, but I probably wouldn't recommend it on my own. I have had better, even though I'm grading it as a '4'.

• Visited May 2014

“Best grouper on beach”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Perfectly seasoned grouper. Great homemade chips and sweet potato fries. Good prices, friendly staff and lots of seating. Good bbq as well.

Alpharetta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WOW”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Food and service were great! Would go back just to eat here! I was very impressed and can't say enough about the yummy food.

Sioux Falls, SD
“Come for the Mac and cheese but don't expect great BBQ.”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Spent the evening planning on enjoying barbecue. Unfortunately, the barbecue was dry and lacking flavor. We had the short ribs and the brisket and both failed to meet our expectation for good barbecue despite reviews of this being the best around.

Three of our kids had short ribs which were good but the highlight of their meal was the macaroni and cheese. The mac & cheese had Gouda cheese that made it exceptional, highlighting our next day lunch as there was a lot that we took home. Each kids meal was around $10 which was higher than we were used to.

Appetizer was the blue cheese chips which was very good and the jalapeño shrimp which was small but tasty.

Server was outstanding and catered to both our inexperience as well as our five kids. If not for the server, would have probably been a disappointing meal.

• Visited April 2014
Duluth, Minnesota
“Horrible service”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

It took at least 15 minutes waiting at the bar to get a drink and then I ordered an appetizer which took over an hour to get. I approached a waitress and she told me that it was managements fault because they were short staffed and there was not enough staff to deliver the food. I finally went into the pick up in the kitchen and got my own food. I would never go back. I have been going to St Pete beach for years it was very disappointing.