“Bad coffee with mediocre omelette. Get serious.”
Review of Frog Pond

Frog Pond
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Bad coffee with mediocre omelette. Get serious.”
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I don't get it. How can this place have good reviews. This wasn't a case of every place has a bad day. This is a place with mediocre written all over it. Here's the good news. Decent prices, friendly servers and large portions. But I'm sorry, that isn't enough. My goal for breakfast is a good omelette ( that should be easy) but then I want rich dark coffee. That's the hard thing to find. This place had neither. The omelets were watery. It came out pale and bland looking. Like it was cooked in water and not butter. I had spinach, sausage and cheese. The sausage was good but the cook must have thrown in a handful of cooked spinach just before finishing it. Gross. I had fruit instead of potatoes and got a large serving of cantaloupe, water Mellon, and pineapple. Nice but no berries. We went their on the insistence of my in laws. Frustrating because I could see Chill, another restaurant, across the street and I know they have great coffee and much better food.

Visited November 2013

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“No vegetarian options”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I dont understand why this restaurant has such good reviews. The menu doesnt have anything vegetarian, and the place is just a regular diner. I went and it was REALLY busy, which is a good sign, but it took forever to get a refill of their watered-down, mild coffee. The food was mostly runny and didnt have much taste. I guess it is cute, because of all the little frog statues, but other than that I didnt like it.

Visited October 2013
Syracuse, New York
“Great Breakfast place”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We ate here several times in our week in St. Pete Beach. The food was wonderful and great service too.

• Visited October 2013
Germany
“The worst breakfast experience we ever had”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

After visiting Beverly's La Croisette across the corner of the Frog Pond we decided to give this breakfast cafe a try. I did not pay off at all. The place itself is nice and service was OK. Orange juice fresh pressed and very good, but those are the only positive things we can report. The coffee was too thin. I had Eggs in the pan! my wife the special and my son the western omelette. All three meals where served with their homemade homemade fries and the worst I've ever eaten and seen. I would rate them as junk. Terrible sliced and prepared. No butter served just one marmalade with no choice. By far too expensive for the meals and quality served. Just look across the street and you'll find a much better place. Sorry for this but there must have been a change between 2012 and 2013 if I compare the ratings. Not to recommend this year. Hope the owners have the possibility to improve this.

• Visited October 2013
“I don't understand the great reviews...”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

The prices here are crazy for the quality of food. Service was just ok. $10 for a waffle with bananas, literally, just that - no special prep. Omelette was again - just thrown together, nothing cooked inside - not good taste. With just a little extra effort this place could be amazing - all the makings just no execution. Definitely thrive off seasonal beach crowd. Other awesome places for better quality and prices (across the street even).

• Visited July 2013