“Just ok”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Florida
“Just ok”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We were headed to one of our favorite places on the beach for breakfast- Steam and Chill- but they were packed so we tried another favorite- The Seahorse- but they were closed ( it was a Tuesday) so we gave Frog Pond a try. It was just ok- prices were high, wait staff was grumpy, and food was just ok. My omelet was tasteless and while I was thrilled fresh fruit was offered as a side, you had to pay extra which made an overpriced omelet even more so. They are big on no substitutions and aren't very customer-friendly. They act as though you should just be lucky to be eating there. Try Steam and Chill ( across the street and much more accommodating) before going here. This wasn't my first time here- it was actually my second, and it confirmed all of the above.

Eaton, Ohio
“Great food, small place with big wait”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Go here for brunch, but be prepared to wait. Good things come to those who wait - really good breakfast food!

Philadelphia
“It was OK”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We tried the Frog Pond for breakfast. It takes a lot for me to not like a breakfast place..how bad can you mess up breakfast. I wouldn't say they messed up - But I have had much better. My husband had the vegtable Frittatta thinking he would have something healthier. it came heaped with potatoes..butter and was far from healthy.

florida
“Great breakfast place”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

One of the best places to have breakfast on St. Pete Beach! Homemade jelly, great service and even if crowded, the tables leave enough room to be able to chat (not like Beverlys across the street). My husband loved the biscuits & gravey. Omlette was wonderful. Manager was very nice and even brought my husband additional gravy for his biscuits.

• Visited March 2013
“Long wait and average food.”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I was told this was the best breakfast on the beach and found it to be just an average place. Had to wait for 20 minutes and they were busy so evidently returning customers like it.