“Great Choice / Loved this place”
Review of Coconut Inn

Coconut Inn
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Indialantic, Florida, USA
“Great Choice / Loved this place”
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I own a small business and I feel strongly about giving positive feedback when it is deserved. My Wife and I had to divert plans from a boating trip to the Bahamas due to rough seas. We decided to re-visit Pass-A-Grille beach at the southern tip of St. Pete Beach. There are a lot of motel choices there but many of them are poorly maintained and old. We were pleased to learn of the Coconut Inn and had a wonderful stay. The place is newly built, clean and quiet. Although it isn't directly on the beach, it is only one block over with an empty lot in between the property and the beach itself. It has a Key-West feel. A married couple named Eddie and Anna take care of the place and they take care of the guests. I have to honestly say that I felt right at home. Upon our arrival, Anna found some items that another guest had left in their room, such as paper plates and forks. We cooked a few steaks on the grill. It was not to have a pool side room because the kids never left the pool. Like me you'll be thanking Eddie and Anna for a great time. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I'm always skeptical about booking hotels online unless I've personally been there before or received a positive recommendation from a friend. I found the Coconut Inn online, read the tripadvisor reviews, and took a chance. I was pleasantly surprised. Situated in the quiet and beautiful town of Pass-A-Grille, it's a gem. I was reluctant to write a review because I don't want others to find it. We stayed in the two bedroom condo with a full kitchen. It was clean, cute, and functional. It comfortably slept 5 people (four adults and one teenager). The condo was decorated nicely with IKEA furniture - simple and cozy. I felt like I was at home. It's just a few steps from the beach and close to an ice cream shop and restaurants. I plan on staying here every time I visit the St. Pete Beach area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 19, 2010

We arrived at The Coconut Inn unsure of what we were going to find. Needless to say we were pleasantly surprised to find exactly the place we had envisioned for our family of three beach vacation. As soon as I laid my eyes upon the exterior I could not help but think that this was the cutest inn I had ever had the pleasure of seeing. We could not wait to get in #7 and get unpacked. Our room was extremely clean and tastefully decorated with items from Ikea. There weren't any typical Florida art on the wall and on the comforter. Actually, there was no art at all. Just a flat screen t.v. hanging on the wall and a swirly iron mirror above the white dresser. The bedding was reversible and very quaint. An espresso wood table with four chairs was adequate for our family of three. I am glad I brought a table cloth with me to protect the wood. The kitchen had everything that I needed to cook our meals. We only ate out two times during our week long stay. The atmosphere at The Coconut Inn makes you want to use all of its amenities including the kitchen. There is a very nice large stainless gas grill on the pool deck that you will want to use. My husband and I would cool off in the pool while our dinner was cooking. Never a line of people waiting on the grill. We even had dinner once at the pool which was quite refreshing. I noticed that everyone writing reviews commented on the smallness of the bathroom. Yes, it is small but so bright and airy! There is a window in the shower that lets light in. The bathroom was never an issue for us...I actually loved the quaintness of it.
We checked in on Saturday and was suppose to leave on Wednesday, but could not say goodbye yet, so we stayed until Sunday. We had to change rooms to #6 which was no problem at all. This room had a much better layout with the kitchen being off to the side rather than walking right into it. Both rooms were excellent, this space was just more to our liking. #7 had more than ample terrace space for coolers, lounging outside your door etc. while 6 had a skinny walkway outside the door. The location was very private tho which was a plus. I would stay in either room again!!
Our favorite amenity was the onsite bicycles, chairs and umbrellas. This was a huge plus for our family. We had so many wonderful days, evenings and late nights riding around Pass A Grille. I would say that the trip would not have been the same without our two wheels. Pass A Grille is truly a special place that felt very hidden. We felt so special to have discovered her! Charm is endless and each day brought a new surprise to us. The beach was even different each day bringing forth a new landscape and sunset.
Each morning we woke up ready to jump on our bikes and peddle down to Paradise Sweets for iced coffee. By far Paradise Sweets was our favorite spot. We went there twice a day, once in the morning and once at sunset. I promise that they have the coolest spot to grab a colorful chair and feel the breeze blowing by as you sit in the shade. Adam, the owner was so great and made my caramel macchiato better than Starbucks!!!!
Make sure you are at the beach each evening at sunset. I promise you won't be disappointed. The jettys are a great place to pull up a rock and watch the sun go down. At night if you walk through the water against the rocks you will see "The Emerald Lights of Pass A Grille" dancing through the water like fireflies. It is actually plankton, but oh does it put on a show.
This was the best vacation we have ever been on and we have been to some wonderful places! If you are looking for a real beach getaway then this one is for you. If you desire typical Florida touristy stuff then you prob want to stay somewhere different. The Coconut Inn on Pass A Grille Beach is truly an experience!

2 Thank whatablessing
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2010

The Coconut Inn is a cute and clean place to stay right in front of Pass-A-Grille beach. Our room, unit 6, had one bed and two fold out beds for the kids. Though it was alittle cramped, we really did like our stay here. The property is only two years old and the staff is very friendly. We had a small kitchen and bath. (warning-the bath is very small) The Inn provided beach chairs, toys for the beach, and bikes. My only real complaint is that the walls are thin. Our neighbors were nice, but one snored rather loudly and I could hear it all night long.
Overall for the price, I would come back again. This beach town is nice and quite. Just the way my family likes it!

2 Thank lovethebeach72
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Coconut Inn on July 6-10. We were lucky to have fantastic weather while we were there - apparently it had rained for 4-5 days straight prior to our arrival.

This inn is really excellent and very convenient. It's located in the southern part of St. Pete's beach, and fortunately there are no monstrous hotels or seedy motels or condos in this part of the island (Pass-a-Grille). It gives a great feeling of old Florida and hopefully it will stay this way.

Kudos to Eddie and other staff for their dedication to making everyone's stay enjoyable.

Our room (#4) was small but comfortable. The Inn has well-equipped kitchenettes, including a coffee-maker, a toaster, a microwave, a stove and a fridge. A local supermarket is only 10 minutes away by car. Aircon works great too - which is a real necessity given high temperatures in July.

We are not pool people, but the pool looked nice and clean and was used by many guests as a social spot to hang out.

The Inn is right across the street from a very nice and clean public beach, and also is very close to a local beach grill. The latter rents out cabanas and sun beds for a day for $20/day. But come early - the place fills up by around 10:00 a.m. on weekdays and earlier on weekends.

No tar balls or oil in the water, not was there any smell of oil in the air. We hope the spill won't affect this part of Florida - it's amazingly beautiful.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Constantine-TA
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 10, 2010

After a terrific stay in this clean, reasonably priced and extremely convenient little gem, I misplaced my drivers license and looked high and low for it. I left without it but gave the cleaning staff my cell phone in case it turned up. A couple of days later, Eddie (the manager) called me with the good news that when cleaning the window sills, he found it! He put it in the mail and I was saved the significant hassle of going to the DMV.

I will definitely return to the Coconut Inn as soon as I can save up enough vacation time. The little pool was terrific and you cannot beat the location by the beach.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
aliquippa , Pa
Reviewed July 5, 2010

ok, let's get the size of the bathroom out of the way first. there is no way around it, small is small. Put that aside and you have a great facility in a great location. beautiful Gulf on one side, gorgeous bay on the other all just steps away. walk to tennis and fishing and places to eat/drink. Nice pool. Traveled with wife and 20 something daughter. All would go back.

• Stayed June 2010
SabalPalmsInn, Owner at Coconut Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2010
PaSoccer -thank you for review and yes the bathrooms are small! When we restored the property we kept everything in it's original state -including those cute but small half tubs ;o)
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.