My daughters (ages 17 and 21) and I just came back from a week-long stay at the Coconut Inn and I can't say enough good things about it. First of all, Pass-a-Grille is a great place for a relaxing and laid-back beach vacation. There are no big hotels, condos, boardwalks, etc. -- just a lovely, quiet beach. The Coconut Inn is small and as close to the beach as you can get - you have to only walk across a little residential street and you're there. It was faster to get to the beach than other places I've stayed that were advertised as "on the beach." The rooms all have a complete kitchen with full-size appliances and has all the cookware and dishware you need (even wineglasses)! I made all our meals and also made use of their brand-new, huge grill. The grounds are very clean, with a small but really nice pool that has fountains and even a jacuzzi-type "spa-cove" in one corner.
They provide some really nice touches that are inexpensive to provide, but make your stay nicer -- full-size bars of Ivory soap (instead of those awful smelling little bars hotels usually give you), a roll of paper towels for the kitchen, a dustpan and brush, and dish detergent. The fridge is full-size, with a normal-sized freezer, so you can buy a bag of ice if you need it (there is no ice machine). They also will give you towels for the beach and have beach chairs, pool toys, floats, and noodles -- all of which are great when you are flying in and can't bring all that stuff. Who wants to check a suitcase full of beach towels on an airplane? The Publix grocery store is about 10 minutes away by car, but there is also a nice little supermarket within walking distance that has everything you could need, including very nice-looking chicken, steaks, and even kabobs.
Best of all, though, is the staff. I can't say enough wonderful things about Eddie, Anna, and Ed who manage and clean the Coconut Inn. They are lovely people and will get you anything you need. They were frequently asking us if we wanted anything and if they could help us in any way. They worked very hard to make our stay a pleasant one and kept the rooms and grounds clean and well-maintained. I enjoyed talking to them very much. I also talked to Joe, the owner, when I made my reservation and he sounded so friendly also that I am sorry I missed him during our stay.
All in all, this is just a wonderful place with the friendliest , nicest staff I've ever encountered. They really make the Coconut Inn an exceptional place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Inn is steps away from the sparkling Gulf of Mexico on historic Pass-a-Grille Beach. Recently renovated, Coconut Inn offers brand new modern studios, one bedroom and two bedroom units. All units have fully equipped kitchens. Enjoy the pool, complimentary bicycles, gas grill, beach chairs and free Wi-Fi in the outdoor courtyard. Laundry facilities available. Proud member of the Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce and the Superior Small Lodging Association. 2015 Winner of the SSL White Glove Award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Coconut Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Coconut Inn St. Pete Beach, Florida