My wife and I found the Coconut Inn to be a really clean, cozy, homey place to stay. It's as far removed from a dingy chain hotel experience as you can get, and it's exactly what we were looking for on our vacation in Pass-A-Grille. It's within walking distance of several decent local restaurants, and it's just across the street from the beach -- you can see the Gulf of Mexico from the balcony of the upper level rooms.
The staff is helpful and accessible (if they're not on-site they can be reached by phone and will handle any issues in person if needed), and the rooms are reasonably priced and very clean, which made our stay that much more enjoyable.
The smallish pool, rather than being a drawback, was a great place to engage in friendly poolside chats with other guests -- the place seems to attract friendly people (the attorney who slammed the place in an earlier review being the exception -- thankfully she wasn't there during our stay). And the pool, despite being small, has a more private feel than a big pool at a chain hotel that has crowds of people trying to lay claim to a sliver of poolside territory.
The bathroom in our unit was half-sized, but the kitchen was outfitted with a 2/3-sized refrigerator, a stovetop range/oven, a microwave, sink, counter, and eating table. Dishware and cookware are provided. The bed was one of the most comfortable we've slept on away from home. My wife thought the bedsheets and pillowcases would be more comfortable if they had a higher thread count, but that's what she's used to.
When we checked out, Eddie the manager asked me what he could do to improve our experience, and the only thing I could think of was to maybe put boxes of facial tissue in the rooms. Now I think I'd like less-scratchy toilet paper too. But sheesh, if those piddly little things are the only negatives I could dredge up after a six-night stay, that says something about how good it was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Inn is steps away from the sparkling Gulf of Mexico on historic Pass-a-Grille Beach. Recently renovated, Coconut Inn offers brand new modern studios, one bedroom and two bedroom units. All units have fully equipped kitchens. Enjoy the pool, complimentary bicycles, gas grill, beach chairs and free Wi-Fi in the outdoor courtyard. Laundry facilities available. Proud member of the Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce and the Superior Small Lodging Association. 2015 Winner of the SSL White Glove Award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Coconut Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Coconut Inn St. Pete Beach, Florida