“Another great trip”

Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
tpa
“Another great trip”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Another weekend at my favorite vacation location. Pass-a-Grille is a great place for a weekend getaway. The Coconut Inn is the perfect location. It is very reasonably priced compared to other locations in the area. A short walk to the beach, gulf views and perfect sunsets make it ideal. The staff could not be more helpful. Emigdio and Eddie are superb. I love the rooms with their simple Ikea decor and the heated pool is perfect this time of yesr. Great restaurants around too. It is very close to the Paradise Grill which is a fun beach place that often has live music on the weekends.

Room Tip: I have stayed in room 1 which is grund floor, two bedroom and ideal for families. There is a table a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My Wife and I stayed two nights at this GREAT place. We had so much fun, in the laid back atmosphere. There rooms are very clean along with the property and heated pool. I would recommend everyone I know to stay here. Great walk to the beach and resturants. Our favorite resturants was the Brass Monkey and the organic resturant beside it. Cheap beer at Shadracks :0) always a great thing when you are from Canada.!!! Hope to be back soon. We had a stay one night get the second free!!!! Janice + Cori, Gilford Ontario, Canada

Ieper (Ypres), Belgium
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed at the Coconut Inn in november 2012. The room and the hot tube were great! We want to thank Emigdio who was a excellent housekeeper, everything was so clean. In the 8th street, we found an excellent restaurant named "the black palm restaurant".

Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the two bedroom suite in July and enjoyed it very much, so much that we stayed again for a week from the 14th to the 20th of Nov. The Coconut Inn is very clean. The grounds, pool and even the shell drive on the west side of the property are groomed daily. Our wood floors seemed to be mopped every day and we only ran the dishwasher upon departure because every day the dirty dishes were washed and dried by Emigdio and/or staff. We feel as if we are invited guests staying with friends. We brought our own bikes which we kept adjacent to the patio table and chairs outside our front door. We parked our vehicle directly in front of our door, right on the street, very convenient. The beach is less than a block away, there are interesting eateries are within walking distance, many others are minutes away by car. My only critique would echo the NJTraveler, one night several young ladies stayed upstairs and it was noisy. It would not, however, prevent us from returning.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I had a wonderful time at the Coconut Inn for a two night stay. Our room was large with two flat screen TVs, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. The room was clean, there is a great sauna to relax the muscles, and Pass-A-Grille Beach is just across the street. Out special thanks for the Inn Keeper Emigdio for providing us with such a wonderful and pleasant stay. We have been going to the Coconut Inn and Sabal Palms for about ten years now, and it has always been my favorite spot. I highly recommend it. If you go, don't forget to eat the best seafood at the Wharf! I recommend the 1 Lb. of steamed shrimp with the bay leaf seasoning and the calamari. Top it off with a pitcher of beer!

Charles

1 Thank Charles M
Cass City, MI
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This place is our home away from home in a lovely setting. It is a perfect place to relax and rejuvenate in quiet comfort. We always stock up on food and staples at the local Publix store, then relax at the Coconut. I cook breakfast after walking the beach, and my husband serves up some type of seafood dinner in the evening. Between times, we head for the beach and watch the birds and dolphins fish. It is an extraordinary area.
We enjoy the outside craft and art sales at the beach shop during the weekend. Plus people watching is spectacular. We always hit the museum, just to reflect on the history of Pass-a-Grille.
Exceptional side trips include canoeing at Fort DeSoto to see the Manatees and of course, Shell Island, a bird preserve, where one might walk the beach for hours.
As others have said, the staff at the Inn are very professional and will go out of their way to help you have a great time. Kudos to the owner,Joe, and all staff for offering such a fine, family-oriented (or romantic) establishment.

Millburn, New Jersey
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The location is great, the pool is heated, the bicycles are a plus. The staff is helpful, the unit I stayed in, was clean, bright and would be perfect if the walls were a bit more sound proof. As I came out of the shower, I thought people were in my room, although they were next door and appeared to be speaking at a normal tone. There were no real noise issue, with other guests, and I would return. The easy going low key feeling of Pass-a-Grille makes this area of FL most desirable. The beautiful sunsets could be seen from the upper deck of this hotel, or a block away at the beach.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family