“Fun weekend, great resort” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Blind Pass Resort-Motel
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Vero Beach, Florida
“Fun weekend, great resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2010

We were traveling with a large group and booked most of the resort. The resort staff were more than accommodating. We booked a King room by the pool. The lights do shine into the room through the blinds, but it was not bad enough to keep us up at night. The only real problem we had was that the smoke detector started chirping around 6:30 am. I tried to call the front desk but it no one was there. I called the emergency number and they eventually fixed it while we were out of the room. Overall a really fun stay, Thanks.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank RobbGirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Riverview, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2010

We prepaid for a week stay for the so called Honeymoon Suite to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary.Since we live a 50 minute drive away, we planned on picking up our 2 children midweek n bring them with us for the last 3 nites.As we walked in, we realized there was no way we could bring them to join us,as this is like an apartment pieced together n renovated by an amatuer!Garden tub was dirty n this bathroom is not by bedroom, must walk thru kitchen by living doorway (where the kids would have slept) to,bedroom, which door does not close bcuz king bed is in the way. No privacy whatsoever!! to bring the children Loads of dust under.the bed n bed itself is very noisy n uncomfortable, headboard is not anchored to wall or bed.Seems old.Had to use our own bath towels,as the towels there are brittle.Second bathroom has no lock n a very low shower.There were no wine glasses or bottle opener,had to use a pocket knife. A honeymoon suite, should include wine glasses n bottle opener.Could not even open a coffee can,can opener must have been a dollar store find.Gates r locked at 9pm n no management on site.There is no housekeeping service.Due to our disatisfaction of the place we stayed for 2 nites only n requested a refund,However the staff were couteous in giving us the refund.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nelsoni

Travelers are raving about these St. Pete Beach hotels

Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

We had our family reunion here at Blind Pass Resort. We had 11 rooms each one was set up alittle different. I know because I checked each of them. Their was 36 in our group.The rooms were great,the people were great and everyone of us had a great time.Thank you very much the Myers family

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank barriekay
Riverview, Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

We live an hour from St. Pete Beach and prefer to stay in motels versus large hotels. This place is almost someplace you would drive by and not notice unless you were looking for a place to stay. It is a gem of a place, not quite motelish, but not a hotel either. We have since stayed here numerous times. The service is great, the rooms and facilty are clean and well kept, the rooms are updated with flat screen TV's, remote AC, and newer tiling. The beds are comfy and the rooms are large. There are courtyard rooms and poolside rooms. The pool is an adequate size and has a waterfall. Although we had to drive to beach access, the benefits of this place far outweigh the short drive. You can search the internet for their website for rates and photos.
We intend to keep going back!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cschli8813
Palmer, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

I came in from Northern Florida. Had never been to St pete before. Called Kat for directions, great help. The room was good size, the staff was great, will definitely be back....

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank BillP1960
Brighton,England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

Had rather unpleasant experience here.
Booked a two bedroom deluxe room 3 months in advance,when we arrived after a 12 hour journey from UK we were told that the room was not available and was offered a one bedroom room instead.This was totally unsuitable as we had our teenage son with us who wanted his own bedroom-this room had a broken air-conditioner so we were offered another even smaller room,which was dirty and had dead cockroaches under the bed and in the ventilation grille!
We couldn't sleep at all due to the nasty beds and very poor blinds which let the light from the pool area in,so the next morning we checked out even though we were due to stay for another night.
Quite the poorest hotel we have stayed in on the Gulf Coast and although we were refunded some of our money we were very unhappy with the service.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Kansas City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

I'm not sure I would stay here if I had a St. Pete beach vacation planned, but I was in town only for one night and arriving late, so I was very happy with the accommodations. The advantage to me of the Blind Pass Resort (aside from its low rates for St. Pete Beach) was that a terrific room was still available on short notice. I frequently change my plans, so I hesitated to book a room sooner given the prevalent cancellation policies. And the room was modern and sparkling clean, unlike what I've read about similar-value hotels in St. Pete Beach.

When booking the room here, I was told to call the hotel if I'd be arriving later than 10 p.m., and our flight was late, so I did. The friendly attendant offered to leave the key in the room with the light on. I wasn't sure I'd have done that with my own property, but they were willing to and I appreciated it, since we no longer had to drive straight to the hotel to relieve the night-duty person, but could instead stop for dinner before the restaurants all closed. Too bad Sea Critters closes at 10 -- we made do w/ Crabby Bill's (equally cute T-shirts, I have to say, though the food isn't as good!).

Everyone at Blind Pass was courteous and friendly. We stayed in the 2-room apartment, which was small but did have the two separate bedrooms and baths we wanted (it seemed to be two former hotel rooms joined together and made into a small apartrment). I'm just sorry we arrived too late to enjoy the pool. When the manager turned on the waterfall the next morning, I could see how pretty everything was and why others love this place. Maybe next time! We were allowed a later checkout than 10 a.m. with no additional charge, another thing I appreciated. It's so nice when people are flexible like that, instead of following rigid rules just because they can. With the extra time, I took a walk to the beach and it really didn't take that long, just 5 blocks till you're on Gulf Blvd. I would stay here again, though my daughters weren't crazy about it because it wasn't on the beach.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business