“very nice place”

Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“very nice place”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

nice quiet place beautiful pool with a waterfall very clean rooms friendly staff close to shopping and restaurants went to sea critters restaurant had a very good meal the trolly go by the motel every half hour

Room Tip: ask for poolside
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Maitland, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed there as returning customers and not sure if we will stay there again. Despite the friendliness of the staff the bed bugs hell was awful. At first the room "seemed" clean but it sure wasn't. Even though when I called to report the issue there was no refund offered by any means. And I spent about $500 to clean the house and to cover the cost at the dermatologist and the antibiotic creme that was prescribed.If you stay there make sure you bring the LED light to check for the bed bugs.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
7 Thank adimit01
diana106, Guest Relations Manager at Blind Pass Resort-Motel, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
I am so sorry that something bit you while on your vacation.
After your departure, upon finding out about your situation, we immediately called our pest control company. They came out the next morning to inspect this claim. They found NO BED BUGS.
That room has been on a DO NOT RENT list since you left and we decided to go ahead and treat the room anyway, incase what bit you was maybe a spider. That room has been treated every Wednesday since you left and will be for the next 3 weeks. After which, we will reopen the room.
Bed bugs leave a very distinctive pattern when they bite you. It looks like a zig zag pattern. Please realize that this was NOT BED BUGS, ( told to us by a professional pest control company we have been using for over a year) but possibly spider or mosquito bites.
We take this kind of claim very seriously, as we have worked extremely hard to build our reputation and make ALL of our guests satisfied.
Again, I'm sorry this happened to you, but there is PROOF that there never was bed bugs in the room, therefore I can not refund any money.

Travelers are raving about these St. Pete Beach hotels

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Staff friendly, place seemed clean, overall...we stayed 3 nights and now 2 of the 3 of us (who shared the same bed) have severe cases of bed bug bites (verified by dermatologist). Resort notified and they apologized, but offered no refund or credit for future stay. Location was okay, but I would not stay here again as I would want to be closer to beachfront. Writing this to warn potential guests to this "resort"...

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Ojos76
diana106, Director of Sales at Blind Pass Resort-Motel, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
This comment is from the same household as the above comment. Again, I am sorry that something bit you while vacationing, but, as I stated to your wife in the above comment, we had our pest control company come out the very next day. They inspected that room and found NO BED BUGS at all. Please read my above response about this same issue reported/commented by the same family.
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This was my wife and I's first time visiting the Saint Beach area. If you want a place that is close to trolley stops, restaurants, shopping, and beaches, this is a clean and economical alternative for you. This is exactly the type of accommodations to choose when coming to this area. We enjoyed the quaint, small town feel of the resort and its location. We were quite pleased with the staff and accommodations. The next time we come to the area, we will definitely stay with them again. Thank you for a GREAT STAY!

Room Tip: This area has everything from the big city feel in St. Petersburg and Clear Water to the quiet relax...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin R
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay. I had a customer service issue that was resolved well and Bruce (the manager) displayed professional and respect the whole time while helping me. I would recommend to those that stay in St. Pete Beach to stay there during their stay.

• Stayed March 2014
Largo, Florida
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Jerry Jio What fabulous people to work with. I thought we had a major issue; they made it a minor issue; then actually reversed everything to a POSITIVE! I enjoyed myself immensely. Will return indeed

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
wesley chapel, florida
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My sister was coming for Spring Break and I was desperate for a beach get-away. Most places I had previously visited were doing intense price gouging, so when I booked at a very reasonable rate I was skeptical. No need! The place was charming and very clean. Whenever I had a need or question, Bruce, the manager, was immediately on it. We hung out at Caddy's, a wonderful place for food and drinks, where for a small tip, you get a chair and beach umbrella right on the beach. The trolley runs from Pass a Grill to Clearwater so you have easy access to limitless shops and eateries. If you don't have to be a step from the beach, Blind Pass Resort is a perfect base for all the adventure that awaits you in St. Pete Beach. Thank-you Bruce, for a wonderful vacation!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family