“Enjoyed our stay”

Blind Pass Resort-Motel
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed November 16, 2013

After reading reviews we decided this might be the place for us. We stayed 4 nights. Cost was very reasonable. Although it had positive points, it had drawbacks as well.
The management was truly kind and helpful, gave great recommendations for routes to travel, restaurants to check out, best beach to visit and so on. Whenever we needed dishes, towels, etc. they immediately provided it. They were certainly the biggest plus.
The atmosphere was nice, we were in a courtyard room to be away from the center of activity poolside. (we were warned its more noisy poolside) We had neighbors above and below, but didn't hear much from them. Proximity to center of town and a grocery store were also great. Easy walk to both.
One drawback of our room was lack of wireless connection. It seems the stone walls of the corner rooms and the staircase blocked the connection. We had to go on the front landing outside to be connected. So if you need the Internet, avoid the corner rooms!
Another drawback was housecleaning. The room was very clean when we arrived, but barely touched after that. Towels were changed once, bed never made, nor floor swept.
Kitchenette was nice to have, but sparsely stocked with dishes. One pot, one pan, one mug, and lots of plates. The management provided willingly when we asked, but we hate to be " high maintenance". It was kind of like camping unprepared! I guess it depends on what you need to be comfortable.
We heard on our last day, that the management was new, and maybe still " learning the ropes." And all the particulars, like finding dependable housekeeping. I think they will settle in work out the kinks and be worth visiting.

Room Tip: Avoid corner rooms if you need Internet!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pam F
diana106, Owner at Blind Pass Resort-Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you so much for all of your comments. I'm glad you had an overall good time, but that's not what we strive for. We strive for excellence and above and beyond service. I was very sorry to hear of your problems you had during your visit. I would like to thank you again for your comments, which without, would not alert us to problems we need to rectify.
To address the Internet/WIFI ; you were 100% correct. A guest (staying in the upper corner room in the courtyard also) alerted us to this problem last week, as we immediately called Bright House to come out and fix the issue. They are scheduled to be here on Wednesday.
As far as the housekeeping issue; I am honestly surprised by this. So far, we have only gotten rave reviews on our housekeepers. I am so very sorry they did not service your room during your visit. It is normal practice for them to do so on a daily basis. I will be holding a team meeting on this issue.
Pots and pans, glassware and plates will be replaced and replenished in every room by this Friday. And will, now, be on the housekeepers daily check list to keep better account of them.
Thank you so very much again for bringing these items to our attention.
If your ever back in the St Pete Beach area, please give us another chance to win you over.

There are newer reviews for Blind Pass Resort-Motel

Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 7 nights. We really enjoyed our poolside room. The pool had a relaxing waterfall and made it nice after being in the heat all day at the beaches. The management was so nice and went out of their ways to make our stay so wonderful, we grew to become very fond of them quickly. I would definitely stay again. I really recommend the poolside rooms. The hotel is not on the beach but is so close there is easy access to all of the surrounding beaches.

Room Tip: If you get a poolside room, it is literally steps to the pool!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ububuddy
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My friends and I stayed for 4 nights. We were impressed with the quaintness of this old refurbished motel. We were able to prepare food while there. We really enjoyed our poolside room. The pool had a relaxing waterfall and made it nice to sit outside. The management was so nice and ready to help out with any questions or requests. I would definitely stay again. I really recommend the poolside rooms. The hotel is not on the beach but is so close and so is the lovely Blind Pass downtown area. Nice little shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Choose a poolside room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed 3 nights, would have stayed longer if possible. Room was a lil small, but for the price, well worth it. Was quiet, and the owners were very helpful and friendly. I would stay again. Worth checking out.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I as supposed to stay a few days and ended up staying 2 weeks!! Bruce and Diane are most helpful. Island Time by the waterfall at the pool refreshed and restored. Inexpensive breakfast at the Hurricane in Pass a Grill watching the waves, I did't want to go home.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank wendetlc
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I had a chance to meet all the owners and housekeeping on this stay. They are ALL genuine and accommodating. They went above and beyond what I have seen when traveling. The room I stayed in was closest to the street and also the waterfall in the pool. I was reminded of the location only when I opened the door and could hear the noise. The room was comfortable and equally important-clean. I will recommend this hotel when the opportunity arises.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Just come back from vacation in Florida, we stayed at Blind Pass Resort. Have only positive thoughts about this place! Really nice pool area, housekeepers are very attentive! And for very affordable price you get small, but very nice room with all you need, even kitchen stuff! Thank you, guys!

• Stayed: August 2013