I recently (6-15-06) stayed at the Sirata Hotel in St. Petersburg, Fl and found the hotel to have some serious maintenance and housekeeping issues. We paid $159 a night for each of our two hotel rooms. The front desk staff didn't go out of their way to be helpful or show any great concern. My request for a non-smoking room was ignored and we had to switch rooms at 1 in the morning. We had two rooms. The carpeting in one of the rooms was so dirty that it left black marks on your feet when walking barefoot. When I switched to a new room, it seemed okay except I had to get maintenance to come up and fix the fan and put in some new lightbulbs. For two out of the four days that I was there, the housekeeping staff didn't clean my room. I had to call for service at 6 in the evening to get clean towels. On my last evening, the room wasn't cleaned until 9 p.m. and even then, the bathroom wasn't cleaned and the towels were thrown on the bed. Soap and extras were not replenished either. We had two rooms and the other room's bathroom was also neglected.
I noticed that many of the housekeeping staff were on duty for as long as 12 hours a day.
There were two elevators in my building and one was broken most of the time I was there. The other elevator was used by guests and housekeeping. Several times I found myself on a very hot glass elevator with a sweaty staff member with a huge cart of laundry. They seem to lack a service elevator. When I complained to the hotel, they gave us complementary breakfasts and a $60 credit for our discomfort. I wouldn't ever stay there again or recommend anyone stay there for any reason.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on 13 privately owned beachfront acres directly on the Gulf of Mexico. This St. Pete Beach resort is family owned and operated for three generations. There are 3 beachfront pools, 2 whirlpools, fitness center, kid's play area & arcade and many water sport options. Compass Grille is a casual dining restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Rum Runners Bar & Grille is located poolside and beachfront for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Harry's Beach Bar is a local institution featuring a casual menu, lounge setting around a fire pit directly on the beach. Both beach bars feature live entertainment on the weekends. There is something for everyone from a pool cabana, a beach cabana or hammock and the sunsets are are always amazing in the Sunset Capital of Florida located on the #1 Rated Beach is the US. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sirata Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sirata Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Hotel Sirata Beach
- Sirata St Pete Beach
- Sirata Beach Resort Florida
- Sirata Hotel
- Sirata St Petersburg Fl
- Sirata Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida