I had a good stay for what I paid (through Tripadvisor) but the additional charges for parking ($8 per day) and internet ($9.95 per day) did mean I could have booked into a smaller, more charming property for the same price.
I was placed in perhaps the smallest room - end of the block, one Queen bed, no balcony, a noisy refrigerator (that I unplugged).It was nicely decorated with a view over the parking lot and toward the beach if I craned my neck. The bathroom was utilitarian with a plastic paneled shower stall. In general I slept extremely well except for one night when two (drunk? stoned? arrogant?) men spent about 30 minutes knocking and shouting near me trying to get into a room at 2am. Not the hotel's fault but it did ruin my night's sleep.
The amenities were inconsistently stocked. No coffee my first morning - very promptly rectified after a call to reception. But then no more coffee at all, and no replacement soaps or shampoo. Newspapers all but one day. It seems the housekeeping checklist is incomplete or not followed. (And I never did find a hair dryer - not a big deal for me but I was surprised at the omission).
Besides these niggles, there were good aspects to this property. The staff were uniformly great. The pool and beach area was well kept and attractive - I loved lying in a hammock with a book and peace and quiet. The location was good - a quick walk to a shopping center and several restaurants (Crabby Bills was a real disappointment but Skidders was great for breakfast).
I would personally not stay here again because after the additional charges I could have budgeted the same money for a retro motel like the Plaza Beach or Bon Aire. But for families and corporate groups the Sirata is a good value choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on 13 privately owned beachfront acres directly on the Gulf of Mexico. This St. Pete Beach resort is family owned and operated for three generations. There are 3 beachfront pools, 2 whirlpools, fitness center, kid's play area & arcade and many water sport options. Compass Grille is a casual dining restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Rum Runners Bar & Grille is located poolside and beachfront for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Harry's Beach Bar is a local institution featuring a casual menu, lounge setting around a fire pit directly on the beach. Both beach bars feature live entertainment on the weekends. There is something for everyone from a pool cabana, a beach cabana or hammock and the sunsets are are always amazing in the Sunset Capital of Florida located on the #1 Rated Beach is the US. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sirata Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sirata Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Hotel Sirata Beach
- Sirata St Pete Beach
- Sirata Beach Resort Florida
- Sirata Hotel
- Sirata St Petersburg Fl
- Sirata Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida