“Mid-priced value”

Sirata Beach Resort
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I had a good stay for what I paid (through Tripadvisor) but the additional charges for parking ($8 per day) and internet ($9.95 per day) did mean I could have booked into a smaller, more charming property for the same price.

I was placed in perhaps the smallest room - end of the block, one Queen bed, no balcony, a noisy refrigerator (that I unplugged).It was nicely decorated with a view over the parking lot and toward the beach if I craned my neck. The bathroom was utilitarian with a plastic paneled shower stall. In general I slept extremely well except for one night when two (drunk? stoned? arrogant?) men spent about 30 minutes knocking and shouting near me trying to get into a room at 2am. Not the hotel's fault but it did ruin my night's sleep.

The amenities were inconsistently stocked. No coffee my first morning - very promptly rectified after a call to reception. But then no more coffee at all, and no replacement soaps or shampoo. Newspapers all but one day. It seems the housekeeping checklist is incomplete or not followed. (And I never did find a hair dryer - not a big deal for me but I was surprised at the omission).

Besides these niggles, there were good aspects to this property. The staff were uniformly great. The pool and beach area was well kept and attractive - I loved lying in a hammock with a book and peace and quiet. The location was good - a quick walk to a shopping center and several restaurants (Crabby Bills was a real disappointment but Skidders was great for breakfast).

I would personally not stay here again because after the additional charges I could have budgeted the same money for a retro motel like the Plaza Beach or Bon Aire. But for families and corporate groups the Sirata is a good value choice.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank NikauTrampr
Curtis A, Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear NikauTrampr,
Thank you for your well organized feedback. On a positive note we were happy to read you enjoyed the relaxing hammocks, beautiful pools and attractive beach. Thank you for mentioning the great the staff. I am so sorry you found our overnight parking and internet charges troublesome. Most of our competitors charge a substantial Resort Fee whereas we charge items like parking and Wi-Fi fees separately. Most guests appreciate this method. We do offer a Resort Saver Package that is inclusive of Parking, Wi-Fi and Cabana rental. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our facilities and service. You comments have been very helpful. We sincerely hope you will visit us again.

There are newer reviews for Sirata Beach Resort

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Went to the Sirata for a technical conference 3+ days. Hotel rooms are above average. Conference facilities were very efficient and conducive to the all day presentations. Conference room attendants (Karen and Neil) were very attentive to the needs of the attendees. The phone never did ring that first morning - good thing I figured out how to set the alarm.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My family and I have been here on 4 occasions. We like the second floor suite near the far pool. When our children were young we would sit on patio and listen to the band. Now they are older and we can go out without them. There are hammocks on the beach. Pools and the staff is very friendly! Good choice!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jeannies924
Reviewed January 13, 2014

very nice hotel. where there 3 times now. nice beach bars :-) rooms very clean. staff recognize you when you're coming back! good food. the only inconvenience was the noice in the room last time...were just in front of a technical local :-(
we will come back in september and I hope that we will get a better room

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Curtis A, Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Stefan Q,
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We were very pleased to hear you thought our resort was clean and the staff was excellent. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your 4th visit in September.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We had some family in town so decided to make a trip for the weekend. This was when most of the country had frigid temps. The weather Sunday was fabulous. Sat by one of the pools for a few hours and then had a couple of drinks right there. It's nice that there are a few selections of beach bars/restaurants and pools as well. They have nice fire pits for in the evening to just sit down and relax and strike up conversations with all kinds of other people. We really enjoyed it and will be back since we just live 45 minutes away. The one thing that I wasn't as please with was the age of beds and pillows that were extremely flat. Other than that, we will go again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed here in November 2013 for a week vacation/wedding. The hotel property has many pools, bars, restaurants, and jacuzzi s which is great. But if your hotel room is on the first floor by any of these, you will hear constant slamming of the pool gates, bands playing, and drunk people stumbling by at early hours. Bar and restaurant prices are average, but there can be very price bars down the way on the beach, so be careful! Attended a wedding at the Grand Plaza (right next door) in the presidential suite, which had amazing food and views!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Samantha S
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed here as part of a group of people that used other hotels in the area. The Sirata compares favourably to some of the other hotels we saw.

First off, you get what you pay for. The Sirata ain't the most expensive and that perhaps reflects the dated rooms but that doesn't make it a bad place. Its clean, it was fairly quiet (you couldn't hear other rooms but outside people could be heard as they walked past your window, wasn't a problem for us, as it was only noticed mid morning and didn't hear anything at night). The a/c is old and is a bit noisy but we got used to it, so wasn't a problem for us.

Rum Runners bar is a nice spot but drinks are a bit pricey but not bad considering its a hotel. The food ain't bad either, not the best in St Pete Beach but by no means the worst and the slightly higher prices is reflected in the portion sizes.

Where this place does excel, is their staff, excellent, all of them. We had problems with luggage not making it off our flight. After the first night and no sign of our luggage, we asked if we could move rooms to be next door to our friends, so we could borrow clothes, toiletries etc. Not the hotel's problem but they arranged for this to happen and it made our lives that much easier. The room also had a great sea view that we did not have in the previous room. Due to many trips to reception, they knew we were anxious about our luggage (we were getting married the next day) but as soon as it arrived, it was sent to our room at 3.45 in the morning, which was at my request, so I didn't have to stress about it any more and therefore, get a better sleep!! They would have stored it for us, for it to be delivered at a more sociable hour! There was many small things that the staff did, that made our time their more enjoyable but I could be here all day.

Overall, this place probably wont be everybody's cup of tea but its really only the dated rooms that lets this place down and if you aren't going to spend all your time in your room, then this place is clean and has a lot going for it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chris R

Dear Chris R,
Congratulations on your marriage and thank you for spending your honeymoon with us. We appreciate your detailed comments. We were very glad to read you thought our prices reflect value and that we compare favorably to our competitors. I will share your kind comments to our staff regarding their friendliness and responsive attitudes. We agree it’s the small things that count. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.