“Awesome Anniversary Weekend”

Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Tampa, Fl
“Awesome Anniversary Weekend”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We just got back from a 3-night stay here to celebrate our anniversary and had a blast. My six-year old daughter loved it and didn't want to leave. It's in a great location with several restaurants around plus a supermarket, but with the three restaurants on the property you really don't have to leave. We will return, hopefully for a longer stay.

1 Thank DuracellTampa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,070)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
haines city fl
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We just got back from the sirata ... I can't lie reading some of these reviews I actually almost canceled our trip scared of the reviews of the dirty Rooms roaches stuff like that.. But I'm glad we didn't we ended up staying and it was very nice.. Only a few things I wasn't very happy about checking was good we ended up getting Later than we expected so we didn't have much time the first night but I think we checked in with a glen only complaint that I have was he handed me my room key made me sign some papers and made me go on my way didn't inform me on anything... It was my first time and knew nothing about where to eat n what to do... I feel like for the price that we paid the night they should really consider the guest the little bit more However I must say I was very impressed by the time we got situated it was about 930 we were starving we asked where to eat at Harry's beach bar and they pointed to rumrunners said that we only have till 10 o'clock we got to the bar about 957 and I was very impressed that they still allowed us to order food... Overall the hotel is nice great for families but if you're young couple and want to have fun I don't think that this is the place for you we were expecting more of a younger vibe... They advertise Harry's beach bar as if it's somewhere to have fun and dance it's literally just someone sitting there playing the guitar while everyone drinks at the bar nothing spectacular I will say I nothing of the bad reviews other then the breakfast buffet at compass grill was horrible, little selection and bacon taste rotten waste of 30 dollars but the room was great ,location was great the resort itself was very nice pools were clean and very nice... Overall good place if you just want to relax beach and watersports right there

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Awesome service from our server Kathy at rum runners!! Loved the hotel and everything about it!!! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. You will not be disappointed! The rooms are great spacious with ex emotional
Access to all the amenities at the hotel. There's not much more you can ask
For when at a beach resort!!

• Stayed September 2013
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed,11th-26Aug. Good location for the beach, clean and very friendly staff, our children aged 9 & 10 loved the pools. Our house keeper "Beverley" was very good, only problem with the hotel was parking, if there was an event on but there was extra parking across the road. We stayed on building 3 ground floor and the room was large & comfortable. Concierge was very helpful and well informed, would stay here again

Room Tip: Studio room was great for a family
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I just had my 4th stay at this resort. Aaaamazing!!!! Everyone is soooo nice and helpful!!! Jenna, Kathy Kennedy and Alec at Rum Runners are sooo great!!! The food is great at all the bars and compass grill. The check in and check out was no problem. Close to stores and activities. Great location and the property is beautiful!! Lots of garden areas. Also luv the iguana rescue.

Room Tip: Never had a bad room here.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Spent a week here and loved every moment - I needed a break and it was absolutely fantastic. The beach is gorgeous and the hotel is close to anything else you might need - groceries, liqour, restaurants etc. I'll definitely return one day for some more beach, sun and relaxation!

Room Tip: If you're there for the beach, it doesn't even matter what room you're in!
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed at the Sirata for 5 days. Ok traditional room (1509) with nice view of the Gulf, very clean and comfortable Queen beds with a large fridge, which is always great. A small table would be a nice addition, along with a patio chair to sit on the common deck to enjoy the view. Unfortunately, carpets in hotel rooms in humid Floride is NOT a great idea as it makes everything feel damp all the time. Staff was very friendly and helpful (especially the concierge and folks at the front desk) but the breakfast served (in hospital-like pastel coloured plates) at the Rum Runners was simply disgusting. 5$ for so-called fresh-squeezed OJ when obviously this was reconstituted stuff. Obviously, bacon and all are precooked and reheated as guests order them. For +35$ for a bagel and a classic bacon and egg breakfast, I would have expected much more. We went to Publix and bought cereal and milk to have, every morning. sitting on our beds for the next four days. Unacceptable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Curtis A, Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear IncaDina,
Thank you so much for your constructive comments. Please accept our apologizes for the issues you encountered with your breakfast. I have forwarded your comments to the Chef and you can rest assured improvements have been made. On the bright side, we are glad you enjoyed the great location and friendly staff. We do hope to see you on your next visit to St Pete Beach.