I chose to stay here after staying at the Grand Plaza next door twice previously. I got a better deal for a better room type at the Sirata. In comparison, both hotels are about equal in quality.
I booked a king bed beachfront room. It had a great view from the balcony. However, the balcony is over a common pathway for hotel guests, so there is NO privacy. Also, if you stay in a room that is accessible from the outside and is not beachfront, your only window will face the walkway that guests use to access their rooms.
The rooms are recently updated and are of good quality. The bathroom is teeny tiny, but adequate. The sink is outside the bathroom, which makes getting ready easy for two people.
The beds were comfortable. The AC worked great. The housekeeping was okay. I always got way more towels than needed. There were some stains on the bedding and curtains. I used the ice bucket once and never received a new liner for it.
I ate at Rumrunners for breakfast and it was very good. Nice spot to hang out. Breakfast potatoes were bland and cold though. I had dinner at Harry's and it was also good. The service was good, and the food was average.
The cabana rentals were not included in my room rate. They are $15 a day. Get there early if you want a front row seat.
My last night there, I was startled out of my sleep by a drunken young adult who was fighting with someone else. She yelled and screamed for a few minutes before the police showed up. This was disturbing and when I mentioned my annoyance at check out, no one seemed to care. I know it's not their fault. Overall, I heard very little noise otherwise from other guests. Never heard loud music from the bars.
I requested a late checkout and it was complimentary until noon. The service I received throughout my stay was very good. I will return and plan to stay at the Sirata again during my annual trip to St. Pete.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on 13 privately owned beachfront acres directly on the Gulf of Mexico. This St. Pete Beach resort is family owned and operated for three generations. There are 3 beachfront pools, 2 whirlpools, fitness center, kid's play area & arcade and many water sport options. Compass Grille is a casual dining restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Rum Runners Bar & Grille is located poolside and beachfront for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Harry's Beach Bar is a local institution featuring a casual menu, lounge setting around a fire pit directly on the beach. Both beach bars feature live entertainment on the weekends. There is something for everyone from a pool cabana, a beach cabana or hammock and the sunsets are are always amazing in the Sunset Capital of Florida located on the #1 Rated Beach is the US. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Sirata Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sirata Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Hotel Sirata Beach
- Sirata St Pete Beach
- Sirata Beach Resort Florida
- Sirata Hotel
- Sirata St Petersburg Fl
- Sirata Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida