“Good experience on the beach” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sirata Beach Resort

Sirata Beach Resort
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Pittsburgh
“Good experience on the beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I chose to stay here after staying at the Grand Plaza next door twice previously. I got a better deal for a better room type at the Sirata. In comparison, both hotels are about equal in quality.

I booked a king bed beachfront room. It had a great view from the balcony. However, the balcony is over a common pathway for hotel guests, so there is NO privacy. Also, if you stay in a room that is accessible from the outside and is not beachfront, your only window will face the walkway that guests use to access their rooms.

The rooms are recently updated and are of good quality. The bathroom is teeny tiny, but adequate. The sink is outside the bathroom, which makes getting ready easy for two people.

The beds were comfortable. The AC worked great. The housekeeping was okay. I always got way more towels than needed. There were some stains on the bedding and curtains. I used the ice bucket once and never received a new liner for it.

I ate at Rumrunners for breakfast and it was very good. Nice spot to hang out. Breakfast potatoes were bland and cold though. I had dinner at Harry's and it was also good. The service was good, and the food was average.

The cabana rentals were not included in my room rate. They are $15 a day. Get there early if you want a front row seat.

My last night there, I was startled out of my sleep by a drunken young adult who was fighting with someone else. She yelled and screamed for a few minutes before the police showed up. This was disturbing and when I mentioned my annoyance at check out, no one seemed to care. I know it's not their fault. Overall, I heard very little noise otherwise from other guests. Never heard loud music from the bars.

I requested a late checkout and it was complimentary until noon. The service I received throughout my stay was very good. I will return and plan to stay at the Sirata again during my annual trip to St. Pete.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,008)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Nashville, Tennessee, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

First time to the Sirata Resort and it great. Very clean, and the staff was wonderful and very helpful. We were there for a wedding and it was beautiful. Will defiantly will go back again. Spent a lot of time at Harry's Bar and Grill right on the beach.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

This is only our 3rd day at the resort, as we are here until Aug 8. The location couldn't be any better with the beach being right outside of our room. The three pools are very nice too. We just finished another fantastic lunch poolside at Rum Runners. We actually are here again mainly because Jessica was a great server and made us feel very welcome. Usually at beach bar restaurants it is all about serving mass customers but this isn't the case here. Jessica attended to us with great service and made sure we enjoyed our experience. Make sure you eat here and request Jessica if you can.
As for the room, it is a decent room with comfortable beds. However, my wife isn't ecstatic about the musty smell. She asked the from desk for us to be relocated but they said no other room was available. The housekeeping sprayed some scents and temporarily helped but the must odor returned a few hours later. Hopefully, we can switch rooms in the next day or two. If we are permitted, I'm sure this will end up being a phenomenal vacation at a lovely resort.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Kathy at rum runners and travis at harrys were awesome waiters!!! We had an absolute blast. The room was great and the all inclusive was really unique. The only thing I would change is to charge a little more for all inclusive, and get rid of the punch cards and upcharge for specialty/frozen drinks. I know in our case we probably would have eaten less if we could have eaten whatever whenever, but we felt obliged to" get our moneys worth" with the meal cards. And we could have done with a few less kids, it is much more family than couple oruented.
Overall though the beach was great service was great, and we would definitely recomend to anyone!!

• Stayed July 2013
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We booked this hotel through Hotel Tonight and got a great rate at $89. We were just staying for a little one night getaway. Everything from check in to checkouh met our expectations. We will definitely consider the Sirata for future overnighters in St. Pete beach.

• Stayed August 2013
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived at the Sirata, I we were pleased with the friendly reception from the front desk and bell services. Once we arrived at our room, however, things went downhill. Our gulf view room actually had a view of the roof of an adjoining building. If you bent down and craned your neck just right, you could sort of see beach past the roof view. The balcony had a couple of inches of water sitting on it for our entire stay. We couldn't step out there or allow our kids to. The smoke free room smelled strongly of cigarettes. The beach itself was beautiful, but it's silly to have to pay a daily fee for a cabana. The chairs aren't usable without the cabanas, as they hold the chair pads hostage unless you rent one. So if you don't fork up the money, your option is to sit on a hard wooden chair. We have a family of five, so even with the expensive cabana, it is not accommodating. It only seats two, leaving the three remaining family members to linger around on the ground at the feet of the lucky holders of the seats.

The beach front showers do not have adequate water pressure to get the sand off of you before you enter the pool or head back to your room. We only stayed two nights, thankfully. Our second night there was music blaring so loudly from a wedding reception that no one, especially my two year old, got any sleep. The walls must be made of tissue paper. W could hear drunk patrons yelling up and down the halls well into the night. This place might be fitting for a group of spring breakers, but I would not recommend it for families with children who actually need to sleep at night.

This place was recommended by or travel agent, partly because we would have a kitchen to prepare meals. The kitchen ended up being a dorm fridge and microwave. I would not go back here and I plan to contact my travel agent and let her know about our experience here in hopes that she doesn't send any other families to the property.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Curtis A, Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear TH,
Thank you for your feedback about your stay at the Sirata Beach Resort. We have over 250 rooms that have a view to the Gulf, please accept our apologies for not living up to your expectation on room selection. Thank you for recognizing the friendliness of the Front Desk and Bell staff. You can rest assured the issues you encountered with Housekeeping, Beach Services and noise have been addressed with our department managers. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our facilities and service. You comments have been very helpful. We sincerely hope you will visit us again.
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I live in Fort Myers FL and love to take little trips to other beach areas in Florida. This was our 44th anniversary getaway and we picked this hotel on Travelocity from their reviews and your reviews. We were VERY pleased with our room and all the accomodations on the property. We were given a studio which is 2 queen beds, with a small kitchen. The room was large with a view of one of the pools and a view of the beach to our left. All the staff is very friendly. But we were extremely pleased with Mike at the front desk who helped us out with a small problem and Kathy at Rumrunners, who handled practically the whole place with ease. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Coconut Cove All Suite Hotel
Coconut Cove All Suite Hotel
#22 of 95 in Clearwater
Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Sirata Beach Resort? Share your experiences!