“great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Bellmawr, New Jersey
“great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

we had a great room;we had a great time;we had great food;we had great drinks;we had a great beach;this hotel is great period.all workers were great;all entertainers were great;we are
going back to this great hotel next year;we also had great weather.we had a great time.

1 Thank william m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,008)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Orlando
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived at the resort we were greeted by a very friendly gate guard, the next person we met was the "bag guy" for a lack of better word, was also super nice.
Once we went to our pool side room, the first thing I noticed was the dirty and rusty bathtub. My 5 year old used the toilet and it did not flush arrrgh. After waiting 30min for the Maint. Guy, mind you it's 10pm by now, he plunged it and said it was fixed.....nope it wasn't. We called the next morning and asked if we could get another room because of the toilet issue and the loud crowd at the bar keeping our kids up, we were relocated to a much nicer room on the 6th floor
(did have some ants on the kitchen counter)
BUT for a $20 up-charge (????) after such complaints we should have been taking care of and not asked for a lousy $20 more. Again, the resort was ok but it was not above average. A bit high priced for what was offered. The next time well check out something different

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Monnemer
Curtis A, Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Monnemer,

Thank you for the nice comments about or Gate and Bell staff. I am so sorry you ran into trouble with housekeeping and maintenance issues. It is only through the observations and recommendations of our guests that we are able to evaluate our performance and advance our quality of service. Your review will be used to constructively monitor the success in achieving that unique level of service, which is the Sirata Beach Resort goal. Thank you for your patronage and we do hope you will return.
Montreal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights at the resort. Cost per nighy: $250 plus $20 (+tax) resort fee.

First room: Torn curtain lining, pieces stuck to the window. Walls with stains, bathtub and tiles were unbelievable dirty, it was like an abandoned room! Checked out the room hotel suggested to switch , did not take it because it was not that much better, and was facing busy street. Called the service at night to unclog bathtub, what came out was best left unsaid. They did cleaned the tub, as promised.

Changed room the second night!

2nd room: walked into a cockroach late at night on the bathroom counter.

At check out, reminded the staff about the cockroach, without apologizing he said " it's not cockroach, it's Palmetto and they are very common in Florida!" . Hey buddy, Palmetto is a cockroach, and I don't appreciate finding it in my hotel room!

Even most of the hotel staff were very nice, the location was right on the beach, it made no difference, it horrified us! Everything was prepaid through Hotwire, except the resort fees!!' Complained to Hotwire (not their fault?), no apology from the hotel.

All to say, what a shame, nice staff, good location, lousy rooms!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Shao_Paoh_Paoh
Curtis A, Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Shao_Paoh_Paoh,
Please accept our humblest apologies for your less than perfect stay. I am so sorry we did not live up to your expectations. Our staff strives everyday to be the difference. Thank you for pointing out our friendly staff and great location. You can rest assured the difficulties you experienced have been addressed. I know we can and will do better. We appreciate your candid feedback and hope you will give us another chance.
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

This hotel is large enough that there is plenty to do; but, small enough that you feel like you are important to them. I enjoyed the heated pools and the restaurant (Compass) is really good. The evening entertainment changed each night we were there and was good listening. Caroline worked the restaurants and bars seemed to be everywhere and always had a big smile. Very nice. The entire staff was friendly and eager to please. We had a beachfront room and the view was beautiful. I think most of the rooms would have a nice enough view to enjoy the room, if you did not want to pay extra for beachfront. If there is one complaint, it is the size of the bathroom. It is small. They should have stall showers installed and get rid of the tubs. This would free up alot space. However, the size of the bathroom would not be enough to keep me from staying here again, if in the area.

Room Tip: Beachfront if you don't mind the extra charge; however, you don't need it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arlene211
Niagara Falls, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have been staying at this resort for the last 10 years with my husband and our 2 daughters now aged 16 and 20. We have always loved this resort so we decided to ask other family members to
come. When we all decided and wanted to book our rooms we were very shocked to learn that the rooms had increased in price dramatically. We were going for March break which we had always been before and the rooms were were told were going to be approximately 2500.00 taxes
incl. for 8 days in building 4 for a beachview king suit. Needless to say we were shocked beyoind
belief. When we questioned return guest rate they offered us 5% discount. Also very important
to note they told us they had done 20 MILLION DOLLAR renovations. and that every room had
been totally renovated. We still debated going because of the drastic increase the hotel rooms were very outdated but when we were told every room was updated we decided to speak with the front desk manager named Rosalyn. We explained that we wanted to come to the resort and had been coming for the last ten years and we had 2 other family members that wanted to come as well. She was not very pleasant however did offer us an extra 100.00 off our stay.She told us that the economy was good and thats why the rooms had increased so much and if the rates went down she would match the price. After I was always calling in and checking prices online they went down once again. I must also say I had a BEACHVIEW KING SUITE and my sister had a TWO QUEENS SUITE. I was paying approx 100.00 more for the view.When we arrived the front desk stay was friendly. We checked in and were SHOCKED WHAT RENOVATIONS THEY PAINTED 1 WALL. The bathroom was still so outdated the sliding door in the hallway came off the track and my daughters finger was hurt. When I went to see may sisters room she was right below us with a view of the beach. I was happy for her but why would I be paying an extra 100.00 for my room. My husband called and asked to speak with a Manager and was put through to TIM. He told him about the rooms and that he was sorry and offered the same rate as my sister. This brought my price down to 2140.00 taxes incl for 8 days. We also told him that housekeeping missed us 1 day and we had to call down . Another day they wanted to come at 5;30 when I told them we were getting showered and ready for dinner they left us towels. i called the following morning spoke with TIM told him how our experience was. His response was sorry you feel this way. I told him we are your business eventually people will not return to your resort with those prices. I WILL NEVER BE BACK HOWEVER ALL YOU GUYS AT HARRYS JOEY DOMENIC YOU GUYS ARE GREAT.

2 Thank ann v
Mrs. V,
St Pete Beach and the surrounding beach areas have seen an increase in the rates that they are able to charge. While some of this is due to the economy some of it is due to the properties in the area investing back into their properties. I believe you may have us confused with a property just north of us when you stated a 20 million dollar renovation. While we have new furniture, TV’s and bedding at no time have we advertised or stated that we have recently completed a 20 million dollar renovation. On the other hand, the property north of us does advertise this. Roslyn the Reservations Manager does recall frequently speaking with you regarding discounting your rate prior to your arrival. While I did not speak to your husband I am glad that another manager was able to assist in reducing your rate further. As I mentioned in our conversation I am sorry that you did not fully enjoy your stay here at the Sirata Beach Resort.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

First of all pictures on the Internet look nothing and I mean nothing like the resort. Checking in they were very unfriendly. The room was from the '50. The mold in the bathroom and the tub was like a trampoline with a shower head that is over 50 yrs old. Wen we checked out the had the nerve to want to charge $50 for leaving early. Really. My advice stay away and check out the Tradewinds island grand.

Room Tip: Call Trade winds Island Resort. Great resort, staff exceptional and rooms, service top notch. This...
1 Thank Patty W
Dear Patty W,

We were very sad to read that you felt our visual internet presentation was not reality. We have always been very meticulous with our photos to represent our exact product. All of our rooms have been updated and the pictures are a very truthful visual display. I am so sorry we did not live up to your expectations. Our goal is to please each and every guest. Please accept our apologizes for letting you down. We appreciate your feedback and do hope you will return.
Gulfport, Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I came for spring break & was very surprised with the price vs. service. The customer level is unsurpassed & the cost for a beach front room was phenomal. This was my first trip & it won't be my last. The front desk people are great. Glen went out of his way to tell me about the great things to do in the area.He had a smile the whole time & were very busy. Amazing customer service. I would love to have Glen work for me...he is definately customer service oriented. Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Curtis A, Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear JaybirdGulfportFL,
Thank you so much for your glowing remarks. We were very glad you found our resort outstanding and unsurpassed in customer service. I will pass on your kind comments to Glen. It has been a pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you again very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Pete Beach
Coconut Cove All Suite Hotel
Coconut Cove All Suite Hotel
#22 of 95 in Clearwater
Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Sirata Beach Resort? Share your experiences!