“Friendly employees, clean facility”

Sirata Beach Resort
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife and I spent ten days here in March 2013. This is an older facility so you will notice some wear and tear. However, the age of the facility did not effect our experience. The employees were universally friendly and helpful, particularly Christie, a waitress in the Compass Grille. The place was very clean and well maintained. The grounds are pleasant. The beds were comfortable. The room was quiet in spite of the destination wedding upstairs. The food was good. The beach and the view from the room were great. The price was great, too. We thought the Sirata was a very good value and we would return.

2  Thank Joseph C
Write a ReviewReviews (4,346)

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We come to st. pete beach every march for yankees spring training and have stayed at a different property in the past. wanted to try something different, so booked at the sirata. we enjoyed our stay a lot and found that the staff was extremely pleasant, helpful and cheerful. (specifically our bellman, john and also staff member, john from rum runners.) nice to have three dining choices as well as room service choice for meals. great location and nice grounds.

Room Tip: bldg 2 had a great view and was in the middle of both beach bars.
1  Thank Trish K
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Spent the last week in January at the Sirata and was not disappointed. Great view, nice room, and best of all we were able to sleep late with little noise. We were there while there was a Ministry Conference with over 400 in attendance and it was great to see so many people enjoying themselves and occassionally providing us with some fantastic vocals in the morning. The staff is outstanding and pools, beach, and grills make the resort a perfect place to enjoy a laid back, restful, and wonderful experience.Hoping to bring others with us next year!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ken H
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at the Sirata for one week in early March with my family (kids ages 11,7 and 2). We stayed in a beachview one bedroom suite in building 4. The kitchenette had a fridge, micorwave, stove top, toaster, sink and a table that seats 4. The room was a standard room and like others have mentioned the bathroom does look old. Someone also previously mentioned a 6" balcony for this room and they were absolutely correct. I have a 2 year old daughter so this balcony made me nervous. We kept the balcony door closed the majority of the time. Building 4 faces Harry's bar and every night they had entertainment until 10pm which you can hear from the room. If you have a baby or toddler who goes to sleep early then this section of the hotel may not be ideal. Cleaning service was ok but they did not accomodate special requests. One day I asked the front desk if they could clean our room before noon so my toddler could take a nap but our room was only cleaned around 4pm. The pools were heated which was great for the kids. We were there during spring break so most of the pool chairs were occupied by 10am. There's a play structure for the kids on the beach and they also had an inflatable water slide. The waterslide was $15 for one hour of sliding.
Overall I would rate this hotel as average. I was not overly impressed and most likely would not return again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Curtis A, Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Almondtan,
Thank you so much for staying with us during your spring break vacation. We appreciate the nice things you said and also understand the frustration you encountered with your balcony and housekeeping. You can rest assured your comments have been addressed with the appropriate managers. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to work on those areas which would have made your stay with us an even more enjoyable and memorable one.

Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Previous stays at the Sirata kept bringing me back, but after this stay I will reconsider where I spend my money next spring. It's an ok place to stay. Some positives - clean rooms, great location right on the Gulf, reasonably priced. But the customer service is poor to fair. Before we checked in we realized we would like a bigger room, called to upgrade. Was told for $30 more we would have a Gulf view, 2 balconies, sounded great. Got to room...one balcony that overlooked the roof top of an adjacent building. Technically we could see the water and beach...well-played reservations staff on the not-so-honest sell. They also give the pitch for their $20 a day 'resort' pass, a $42 value according to the brochure. Kinda not worth it. You get overnight parking, a cabana on the beach and unlimited wi-fi. There are plenty of spots at the pool and along the beach to bask in the sun and the Internet connection sucks. I asked at the front desk twice if they were having issues with the Internet being slow. The first time I was told to call the service provider. The service provider said nothing was wrong and it was probably just too much traffic. The second time I was told to speak with a property manager when I checked out, that it was slow because this was a busy season...really!?!! March in Florida is busy? I hadn't noticed (duh!) Upon checkout I talked to the guest services manager. He was disengaged and uninterested in my comments. One would think that during the busy season they would buy more access points to help the flow of Internet traffic.

Basically I'm giving an average review because the Internet sucked and the staff didn't care. In the grand scheme of things, it seems petty. But with hundreds of other hotels along the coast I think I'll spend money where they actually care if you are satisfied. I've stayed here 4 out of the past 5 years and had excellent experiences prior to this stay. But one poor experience is enough to send my dollars to another location.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Lori L,

Thank you for pointing out our great location and reasonable prices. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations. We obviously have let you down. We are sorry the internet malfunctioned during your stay. We recently have had technical issues with the internet, but all of these issues have been resolved. We are very saddened to read this incident may have caused you to look elsewhere. Please accept my humblest apologies for the response to this very important issue. You can rest assured this was an isolated incident. We truly value your repeat patronage and do hope you will reconsider visiting us again.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Overall dirty, unkept room upon entry (long hairs in tub, fitted sheet didn't fit mattress, blown out wall socket, stained couch, etc.). Asked for q-tips and never got them. Charged an overnight parking fee. Just yucky.

Dear LaurieS,

Please accept our apologizes for the negative experience you encountered. We strive for perfection in everything we do and I am so sorry we did not live up to your expectations. I have passed your comments on to our Executive Housekeeper and you can rest assured action has been taken to correct the deficiencies. We appreciate your feedback and do hope you will consider returning.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Liked the place a lot. Nice pools, great location to beach & the hot tub was a good treat too. Nice options available for lite fare with fresh air, the music entertainment was welcomed and also the fireplace was a good destination spot at nite (was a bit chilly that nite).

Room Tip: ask for the top floor. we looked right over the pools to the ocean.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends