“Work in progress”

Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Toronto
“Work in progress”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The owners of this resort are putting forth a serious effort to bring it up to standards you would expect in a good resort. We were fortunate, in that there were no problems with our room, which was in good shape, with an efficiency, a full size fridge and kitchenette with new dishes and cutlery. The bathroom had been recently renovated, the beds were new and comfortable, and the only item not new was the carpeting. It was not worn out, but a little tired looking. Our friends however were in the north building and had a few minor issues. The staff responded very quickly and made repairs. We were told their north building was due to be renovated in February. The pools and spa at the north end were new warm and clean, and Harry's Beach Bar was handy also. We had no need to go to the other pools but they appeared to be in good repair. The Compass Grill restaurant wasn't very impressive, as the food was more like your average bar menu. Ready access to the beach was the best feature of the resort, and Crabby Bill's restaurant nearby was excellent with beach view seating also. Internet access is only available in the reception building on their two desktop PCs, which are not busy. The hotel was quiet at night, and when Harry's Beach Bar had live entertainment it was a solo performer with subdued music and very enjoyable. This resort is well worth the money and we will probably be back.

Room Tip: Avoid the north building until renovations are complete.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bill R
Curtis A, Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Russell99,

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We have indeed made tremendous strides in updating and renovating our rooms, bedding and furniture. The entire property has now been renovated. Our goal is to make continual improvement each and every day. We thank you for noticing the positive changes. We do hope your plans will bring you back to the Sirata.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,091)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Good location, right on the beach.
3 restaurants to choose from if you don't want to leave the hotel grounds.
Playground, arcade and pools for the kids.

I thought we were getting a 2 bedroom suite but it was actually a 1 bedroom suite that had a pull out sofa. It was sufficient.

We were on the 6th floor right beside Harrys Beach Bar....there was live music every night. Which is great unless your in your room trying to sleep early or watch tv. The music was quite loud on most of the nights but didn't go later than 10pm.

Good place to stay though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank nezzer44
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I attended a convention at the Sirata and had a wonderful time. The staff was top notch. Anything we needed was done and quickly. The meeting rooms were nice and well maintained. The food was wonderful--whether it was the breakfast, lunch, breaks, or our sit down dinner. The rooms were clean and had a balcony to sit on. Our room had a refrigerator, sink, microwave, and a small table and chairs. You walk out the back of the resort and your on the beach. The pools were clean and well maintained. You could walk to many different restaurants not to mention the 3 on site. We received many comments from attendees that this was the best convention ever. Our staff worked hard to make it a great event but the staff at the Sirata made it shine!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TinkTurtle
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location, right on the beautiful beach. We stayed 3 nights, the hotel was empty the first day but filled up at the end, this created problems parking and for 8 dollars a night to park you expect a space! We had a room on the fourth floor right above the pool looking out to sea. The view was amazing and had lovely sunsets right out of our window. The room itself was fine, 2 double beds, fridge, writing desk, 2 easy chairs and nice flat screen tv with plenty of channels. The bathroom was a bit run deepen, especially the bath and toilet area. There was a free digital safe in the room that was handy. The hotel grounds were very nice and the staff worked hard to keep them like that. There were 3 bars and a couple of restaurants and the prices were reasonable, just the same in the well stocked gift shop. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. No need to take beach towels, these are free and available by the pool. Overall a lovely hotel, can't wait to return again from the UK.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1969ws
Curtis A, Manager at Sirata Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear 1969ws,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We were very pleased you found our views amazing. Our sunsets are indeed lovely!! I will definitely pass on your kind comments about the staff. We appreciate the input on parking and you can rest assured actions have been taken to alleviate the situation. We anxiously await your return.
St. Petersburg
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My best friend and I stayed in building 4 from 1/25-1/27/13. My sister had stayed in a simialar suite with her 2 children 2 weeks before for my fathers funeral.(She was 2 doors down and I spoke highly of the room & BALCONY to the staff) At first I was going to bring our little ones but was able to leave them with Grandma so I could enjoy my birthday. I called a few people there to let them know that I wouldn't have my kids & if they needed to switch me to another room that was fine,(I respect the families) also I may want to stay the night of the 27th (my B-day). Curtis said that it was fine, I had a good room with a balcony, just keep it. So I did. When we arrived about 7pm that night after work we got to the room & I was super excited to open up the doors & hang out on the balcony. HAHAHAHAHA!! BALCONY?? there was a rail placed about 6 inches out so you wouldn't fall. I was very upset at that point but decided to deal with it because I was ready to relax & enjoy my time.
The next morning while in bed ( mind you the curtains DO NOT provide any sort of privacy while other guests walk by) We had the Do Not Disturb sign on the door & after being woken up by housekeeping they TRIED TO OPEN UP THE DOOR!!!! They did the same on the second day as well. We also had some other strange man try to open up our door after looking right in at me & my best friend in bed. lol... but really not that funny... The morning of the 27th I was upset at the whole experience but wasn't feeling that great & wanted to stay longer. When I called the front desk to explain I wanted another night he said that I needed to get out of there as soon as possible.. REALLY?? Tried to give them more $$ and he said that another family would be there soon. I asked to speak with a Manager & said that he was. It was Curtis. The one who told me to keep the room instead of switching us. I couldn't help but laugh. Not very good management skills at all!!------ Although the waitstaff at Rum Runner's was nice ( except for one disgruntled employee) Harry's was great too. I told Robert (?) @ Rum Runner's) and he agreed with us, that the management was to blame. ***I'm a local & have been raised in St. Pete & lived on St. Pete Beach. YOU WOULD THINK that they would help the locals a bit more, not just the tourists.***

-At checkout I went & expressed my situation to the guys at the front desk- They kinda laughed & agreed they would be upset too. One did give me a 15% off card for my next stay. The saddest part is that the Manager was right there finishing up a phone call & checking other guests in & completely ignored my presence.

Room Tip: The 4th building is nice but PLEASE, please VERIFY that if you want a BALCONY, you get one you can a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MelissaNStPete
Dear Melissansstpete,
We thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding of the balcony, but was glad we could put you in a room only two doors from our beautiful beach. Unfortunately, your room type wasn’t available for an additional stay based on our room availability. We constantly strive to delivery exceptional product and service to each and every one of our guests. I am sorry we let you down. We do hope you will consider giving us another chance.
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Jenna and Josh were the best. Always welcoming. Always smiling and friendly. They made our stay.
This hotel needs much updating, but the staff was great. We stayed 4 nights. Location was great, but I am detail oriented and I came up with quite a list I didn't like. The overall property was impressive but our room was not.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Krist22
Dear Krist22,
We were delighted to read you thought the overall property was impressive and that Jenna and Josh were welcoming and friendly. If you would like to expand upon the details of your room, please write me at info@sirata.com and I will respond to your specifics.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Sirata for a week in May 2012. The hotel choice wasn't ours, but had been arranged through a travel agency, since we won the trip in a vacation raffle (lucky us!). Being familiar with the St Pete Beach area, we knew the Sirata was one of the pricier resorts in the center of the island, but we had never ventured inside its gated confines. On arrival, the hotel was very crowded with wedding and some type of reunion (?) guests and we waited a bit in line to check in and receive a parking permit. Check in went smoothly and the desk staff was pleasant but not particularly talkative, for obvious reason. When we located our assigned room (remember, we had no part in the room choice) we were a bit disappointed in it's location overlooking the parking lot at the south end of what must be one of the original buildings. Once inside, the disappointment continued with what looked to be a standard motel room, and an old, somewhat shabby one at that. Well-worn carpet, crooked lamps, dark "decor" and the typical fifties-era motel bath with toilet and tub in a separate cubicle behind a door which can't be opened without hitting the occupant. Wow, pretty underwhelming for a big money resort, even if we weren't footing the bill. To top it off, there was a constant smell of hot grease from the restaurant roof vents just around the corner and an air conditioner that blew cold air directly at the beds - we deflected it with towels over the backs of chairs pushed in front of it. We reluctantly kept our assigned room without complaint throughout the weekend, since we knew the resort was fully booked. On Sunday morning, there seemed to be a mass exodus of guests, so that afternoon I approached the front desk and discreetly expressed our disappointment with the room and asked if other accomodations were available now. To say I was glad I asked is a huge understatement! The young man at the desk consulted his computer screen (not a manager or some higher authority) and told me he could offer us a beachview king suite in the newer building and that he would send a bellman to help us move. When I inquired about the cost difference, he smiled and said "there will be no additional charge". By the time I got back to our room, the bellman was helping my wife pack our belongings. Our new digs turned out to be wonderful and luxurious - a huge, clean suite on the 6th floor with a full kitchen and living room with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the pool bar and beach beyond. Now this north building is worthy of a four-star resort! So was the service we received throughout our stay. The pools (3) are great, the beach is typical Florida gulf-coast perfection and the location is very central to anything you could need in St Pete Beach. No, the Sirata ain't cheap but if you spend wisely, you don't have to leave broke and whether or not you're a big spender they'll still treat you like a king whlie you're there!

Room Tip: If you can afford it, go for the suites in the north building - bldg #4, I think. Stay away from the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple