Stayed here for a week after a busy week in Orlando. Massive disappointment in the room, it stunk! Musty old and damp, went back to reception to change but they said hotel were full and we would have to wait until Sunday and then pay to move to another room! This holiday was being done on a budget otherwise we would have gone and checked in somewhere else.....We made the best of the room that we could.
Hardly any sleep was had for the week, the very old fashioned air conditioning unit that is attached to the window is very very noisy and god knows when the filter was last changed in it; it even had a bar of soap sqashed into the vents....probably someone's attempt to make the room smell better. We went to cvs after the first night to buy earplugs as with the noise of the unit and being next to the lift shaft it was really really bad.
The so called kitchen in the room is very old with very dated equipment to use (what little equipment there was) the only good point was the big fridge. The bedding was awful just sheets and a thin blanket covered by the 80's topper which stunk and had seen better days. Towards the end of the week my husband and I thought we had been bitten by Mosquitos or such like around the neck and lower leg area, we put bite cream on and thought no more of it. It was only on our return home that a relative pointed out that they looked like bedbug bites! We googled it and they matched perfectly yo the photos and descriptions on the Internet! Yuk yuk yuk....
I understand that bedbugs travel with people via hotel rooms but after reading other reviews on here I feel this is something that the hotel are not dealing with properly. This has to be a hotel problem, thankfully I didn't see the cockroaches that others have!
The room was absolutely the worst part of this old fashioned hotel, the pools and seating were good although very few umbrellas so no shade (people put towels out by 8am to secure the prized umbrellas even though signs say not to it was not enforced at all).....not fantastic by any means and the public toilets need some serious attention ...... Yuk! The only bonus of the pool areas was being able to take our own food and drink to them, there are signs telling you not to but nobody takes any notice. People were getting pizzas delivered to the pool area and bringing Macdonalds! We ate at Harry's bar for lunch the first day, $80 for four small meals and a drink each the food was ok but nothing fantastic.
The hotel also has no soul....no reception area just a check in place it feels much more like a motel than anything else.
Beaches as lovely as always, the location is the only thing this hotel has got. The must be 1000's of hotels along this beach and other like it I would advise you to go and research another one as you will be be very disappointed in the rooms here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on 13 privately owned beachfront acres directly on the Gulf of Mexico. This St. Pete Beach resort is family owned and operated for three generations. There are 3 beachfront pools, 2 whirlpools, fitness center, kid's play area & arcade and many water sport options. Compass Grille is a casual dining restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Rum Runners Bar & Grille is located poolside and beachfront for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Harry's Beach Bar is a local institution featuring a casual menu, lounge setting around a fire pit directly on the beach. Both beach bars feature live entertainment on the weekends. There is something for everyone from a pool cabana, a beach cabana or hammock and the sunsets are are always amazing in the Sunset Capital of Florida located on the #1 Rated Beach is the US. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Cancelon and Travelocity so you can book your Sirata Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sirata Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Hotel Sirata Beach
- Sirata St Pete Beach
- Sirata Beach Resort Florida
- Sirata Hotel
- Sirata St Petersburg Fl
- Sirata Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida