“Favorite Place To Stay”

Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Canton, Ohio
“Favorite Place To Stay”
Reviewed April 29, 2011

This was our second time we stayed at the Sirata and we absolutely loved it. We plan to go back once a year. We reserved a studio room and it was very nice, very updated with nice appliances. If you have small children with you try to request a room by one of the pools. The staff is very friendly especially the bell hop. Everyday we were there he would ask if we needed anything. I thought it was great that they even blow up your rafts for you by the pool. Our kids are 5 and 9 and we took them on the Pirate Ship at Johns Pass, which they loved and we also had fun ourselves. The food and location were also great! I was skeptical when we read reviews on here but i am so glad i didnt listen because we had an amazing time and will continue to return and would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Studio with Kitchen by Pool
  • Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank L0ve82

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,054)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cross Lanes, West Virginia
Reviewed April 29, 2011

I don't underdstand the negatives!! This resort offers so many amenities. There is NO resort fee but there is a parking fee. The traditional rooms are small but most have great ocean front and pool views!! We asked to upgrade to a one bedroom which is MUCH cheaper doing it once you check in. I booked the run of the house special which was $94 per night and once I checked in I upgraded for $25!! So I got a one bedroom with balcony for $119!!!!! They have 2 beach bars one on each side of hotel and both have live bands and sometimes just music. Food is great. I've stayed at every nice hotel in ST. Pete but this won me over. Tradewinds down the road is just too crowded poo is very small and the have outrageous resort fees. I wil definetely return very soon! My family and I had a blast!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank jaxsgirl28
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I just returned from the Sirata last night after spending 6 days there with my daughter and I am missing it already. We had a Queen studio with a kitchenette in building 3. The room was huge and extremely clean and overlooked the pool and had full views of the beach also. The exterior door was great and it had a nice patio bench seat out side of it to relax on. I had forgotten how nice it is to have an exterior door to your room. It provided quick access to and from your room when going to the beach or pool. Also it was alot quieter than a room with interior doors. It was very quiet in our room and we never heard any noise from outside or from the rooms next door. Our room had all new appliances, fridge, microwave and tv were all brand new.
The only negative thing was the extra cost for the beach chairs which were these old wooden unmovable things. I luckly found a beach chair that a previous guest left behind and I used it all week on the beach. I would recommend either bringing your own chairs if you drive here or buying one from CVS or Publix.
The location was great, only a 10 min walk to Publix, CVS and a Dollar Tree store. There were also many restaurants in walking distance including an IHOP. The only thing we really missed was there were NO Dunkin Doughnuts or Starbucks anywhere near us or any fast food places close by to walk to. The Dolphin Plaza should look into bringing a Starbucks in to it.

On a whole it was a great stay, I would go back again. The beach was the best, the pool areas were kind of crowded with kids which could be a good thing if you are bringing young kids with you.

1 Thank KerryV410
Boston
Reviewed April 25, 2011

This was our first visit to St. Pete Beach and hopefully will not be our last. I was nervous about some of the negative reviews of Sirata here, but it seemed to be the best fit for what we wanted -- a suite accommodation with a separate living room for our daughter, right on the beach, in a resort-like setting.

PROS:

* LOCATION! Fantastic beachfront property! Sirata is situated on a very deep expanse of the beautiful beach. There are plenty of beach cabanas available at an additional cost (ours was included in a $20 daily "resort saver" package which also covered wi-fi and parking). I took a walk down to the "majestic" Don Cesar resort and was pleased to note that Sirata's beachfront area is more spacious than theirs. Also, due to the outrageous rental car rates during the week of our stay, we opted to go without a car. We used Bat's Taxi out of St. Pete Beach for airport transport to and from Tampa; each leg was about $65. Once at Sirata, we relied on taxis and the bus for getting around; great restaurants and convenient shops (Publix Grocery, CVS, Beach Mart) are close by.

* VALUE! Our king suite was well under $200/night. It had a full-sized fridge and microwave. We didn't do any cooking, but we could make popcorn and had snacks and beverages for the beach and the room. This saved a lot of money on drinks we would have otherwise purchased at the hotel. I had considered the Tradewinds properties, but the same accommodation type was almost twice the price (and I think the quality would be comparable). So with the money we saved on accommodations, we felt free to spend some money on fun experiences. For example, my husband and daughter rented Wave Runners three days in a row (we went to the rental place that was located just south of the place that was closest to Sirata's beach and saved $18 each time -- it was $45 for a 30-min. Wave Runner rental vs. $63 at the one near Sirata).

* The staff was very friendly and accommodating. (More on this in the "CONS" section.)

CONS:

* Our room was located in a noisy part of the resort. It was in Building 4, and our room overlooked Harry's Bar, the north pool, and a grassy recreation area with some lawn-type games. (We did, however, have a decent view of the gulf.) People were out late (well past 11 pm) making lots of noise. However, we did have the opportunity to move to Building 1 (the main tower) in a much quieter and nicer king suite. It faced the street but was up on a high floor and had a view of the Bay. This accommodation type was an Executive Suite and did not have a door separating the bedroom from the living room. My daughter decided she could live with the noise because she liked having the pool and ocean view. But I was pleased with how courteous the front desk was in letting us look at the other room option, and they made it clear it would be no problem for us to move. We just didn't take them up on the offer (though I personally would have preferred it). Bldg. 1 appears to be the 'nicest' on the property, with the freshest rooms (and might be quieter than the other buildings) -- they might all be suites in this building, however. By the way, our living room TV set got replaced during our stay with a flat screen.

* The pool scene was kind of nutty ... but that was fine for me, because I was there for the amazingly beautiful Gulf of Mexico! But the first day, my daughter wanted to use the pool, and I really didn't like it. The three pools are small, and during our stay, the center pool was frequented by groups of loud adults who drank beer after beer from their own cooler and chain-smoked. Their ashtrays were set up on the pool ledge. It was gross. Also, there were a number of babies/toddlers in the pool who were clearly not toilet-trained. But there was no monitoring by hotel personnel, so nothing would have prevented a situation where one of these babies might have had a BM in the pool. However, that little bit of information was what got my daughter to want to go to the beach (and stay there for the rest of the trip!).

* The pull-out sofa in the living room was not fit for sleeping! The mattress was curled up like a thin little pancake on top of the tortuous metal frame. Luckily our daughter is small enough that we were able to put linens on the sofa cushions and make her bed from there. But if you have more than one person (or a full-sized person) needing to use the sofa sleeper in the suite, this could be a problem. We checked out the sleeper in the Executive Suite in the Bldg. One room, and while it was in better shape, it still wasn't something that looked like it would provide a good night's sleep.

* Our restaurant experiences were limited to dinner at Harry's Bar the first night (basic, OK pub fare) and the Compass Grille for breakfast (bad service, freezing cold air conditioning, terrible coffee). But there are so many options within walking distance or a short cab ride, you don't need to limit yourself to the resort's restaurants.

I would definitely recommend Sirata with the disclaimer that it's a 3-star property and not at all fancy. This amounts to clean, comfortable digs in a FANTASTIC location!

Room Tip: Bldg. 1 has the nicest rooms.
5 Thank gem21
cincinnati, oh
Reviewed April 25, 2011

My family recently spent five days at the Sirata Resort Hotel in St. Pete. We were surprised that the two rooms we reserved were upgraded to Executive Suites in order to keep us together. This gave us so much room to spread out. The hotel location was great and right on the beautiful St. Pete Beach. We especially liked Rum Runners Bar and Grill. The food and service was excellent. We found the hotel clean and well maintained. I can see the hotel has been busy upgrading the rooms. We had a flat screen TV and a comfortable bed with new sheets. The sofa in the living area needs replacing, but we have no complaints. The Sirata is definitely up there with the best hotels to stay at on St. Pete Beach.

Room Tip: Bay side room is pretty and quiet.
2 Thank sammydavis
Nixa, Missouri
Reviewed April 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Sirata during Easter weekend. We booked a beach front king room, which was on the second floor of building 2. The room itself was a typical size hotel room. My only real complaint was the size of the bathroom and shower...both tiny. We really didn't mind it too much though.

The view from our balcony was awesome. We walked down a short flight of steps and were right on the beach. It was super handy when we needed to come in from the beach to use the facilities or refresh the cooler. On the beach, there are several rows of cabanas and we figured out that you need to get out there EARLY to get one on the front row near the water....around 9-10 a.m.

The first night we arrived, we had drinks at Rum Runners. The drinks were fine, but the service was very slow. The next morning, we had breakfast at the Compass Grille and the food and service were both excellent (Delbert was our attentive server!). Paris served us drinks at Harry's beach bar the same day and she makes a mighty fine Mai Tai. We ate a nice dinner at the Blue Fugu Japanese steakhouse nearby. It took a little while to be seated but the food and service were excellent once we started dinner. We drove down to Treasure Island and ate our best meal of the trip at Middle Grounds. It is a little pricey (around 100 for steak/grouper plus a bottle of wine) but we both thought it was worth it. They do have an early dinner special if you can make it before 6:30. About two blocks from the hotel there is a little diner called Skidders. Good breakfast food and service there.

We had a rental car, but the resort is within walking distance to several restaurants, a liquor store and a beach mart.

We didn't use the pools at the resort, but they looked nice with lots of seating. There are plenty of towels so don't worry about bringing any.

I guess the best thing about this resort was the location. It is right on a big beautiful clean beach. You just can't beat that! Our bill was exactly as we expected when we checked out...no surprises or hidden fees. The hotel staff we met were all helpful and friendly. We would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms on the 2nd or 3rd floors
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank FlashRiley
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I wanted to take the time to write a review as our holiday could have been so different if it had not been for the wonderful staff at the Sirata, in particular Stephanie (Guest Services Manager).

This was our third trip to the Sirata over a 5-6 year period and as previously we booked a twin centre holiday for three families (9 of us in total staying in 3 rooms). For the second time we booked our holiday with Travel City Direct and all the way along we have had problems with Travel City who we will never use again. When we used them for our last holiday we must just have been incredibly lucky but we had anticipated an even smoother holiday as Travel City are now part of the Virgin group!!!!

We left our first hotel on Universal Drive, Orlando and all headed for the idyllic St Pete's Beach to spend seven nights there. We arrived at lunchtime on the Saturday to find that Travel City had emailed the reservations for our three rooms to completely the wrong email address so the first the Sirata knew of us staying was when we all arrived in Reception. The staff were all lovely but we dealt mostly with Dennis and Stephanie who explained that they were fully booked with no room availability at all - they even contacted a no-show to see if they were definitely coming but when they could not accommodate us off their own back they secured us rooms at another hotel. Stephanie spent a considerable time then getting a hold of Travel City (didn't happen), a Virgin rep (who did eventually get all of our reservations over) and with other hotels until she had found us somewhere to stay.

I was given use of their telephone, allowed to charge my phone in reception, all of us were given use of ALL of the Sirata's many facilities and Stephanie went out of her way to update us when she managed to get any responses. We are still, a week later, waiting for Travel City Direct to come back with answers and even an apology for wasting a considerable amount of time and our precious holiday.

We then returned to the Sirata a day later and as soon as it was humanly possible we were allocated three adjoining rooms with a lovely view over the pool and the ocean. As always I found our room to be clean, a minor problem with the hand basin was fixed within 30 minutes of my phoning the front desk, the maid came in daily and honestly we couldn't have asked for more.

There were no problems with getting a bed around any of their three pools, towels were readily available, some of the party used the hotel's gym (I managed to conveniently be sleeping when they knocked :D ) and we also used room service, the onsite shop and the bar and restaurants - finding the same friendly accomodating service in all.

I know this is long winded but people quite often list negative points so wanted to say a huge thank you from the Coopers, Clarkes and Colemans for a fantastic service. Looking forward to the next time already.

Room Tip: The amazing sunset from the beach :D
  • Stayed April 2011